Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - "PHOTOWALK" Extended to Monday @Noon - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

nat_g31

Post Sat May 30, 2009 8:05 pm   Reply with quote         

add me to the list. Even though I'm not too far from tutorme and bsholic I'll see what I can run into!

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
sonic3

Post Sun May 31, 2009 4:04 am   Reply with quote         

I hope the weather will be as nice as it is this weekend, its a scorcher here in the uk.
Yesterday i went down to 'Lands End' took a few HDR images and they came out great.
Not decide where i'll go for the photowalk weekend yet.
Will depend on the weather.

Wiz

Post Sun May 31, 2009 10:25 am   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:
I hope the weather will be as nice as it is this weekend, its a scorcher here in the uk.
Yesterday i went down to 'Lands End' took a few HDR images and they came out great.

A Scorcher? Are we talking about what the World calls a Scorcher, or a non-cloudy day in the Old dart where you dare to go outside without a brolly! Wink

Just try a Queensland Scorcher for a few minutes without diving into the first air-conditioned pub for two schooners of ice cold brew to replace all that sweat you worked up by just getting there.

Just kidding sonic, glad yo had a great day by the seaside, so please post pic of yours truly with the knotted hanky on on head, trousers rolled up and paddling on Porthcurno beach for
Pre-PSC Photowalk Posterity.

Laughing Laughing Wiz Twisted Evil

Wiz

Post Sun May 31, 2009 10:31 am   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:

A Scorcher? Are we talking about what the World calls a Scorcher, or a non-cloudy day in the Old dart where you dare to go outside without a brolly! Wink

Just try a Queensland Scorcher for a few minutes without diving into the first air-conditioned pub for two schooners of ice cold brew to replace all that sweat you worked up by just getting there.

Just kidding sonic, glad yo had a great day by the seaside, so please post pic of yours truly with the knotted hanky on on head, trousers rolled up and paddling on Porthcurno beach for
Pre-PSC Photowalk Posterity.

Laughing Laughing Wiz Twisted Evil

ReinMan

Post Sun May 31, 2009 10:36 am   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:

I've been playing with HDR (High Dynamic Range) photography myself the last week or so. I have to admit I prefer mucking about in ADOBE CAMERA RAW (ADR) but ther are some neet effects you can get from programs like PhotoMatix (the HDR stuff in Photoshop itself SUCKS). But with camera RAW, and doing multiple copies in layer stacks, you can get some pretty amazing and natural looking stuff too!

And... sometimes, when I'm feeling rather NAUGHTY, I just TAKE A PICTURE AND DON'T DO ANYTHING TO IT!! Shocked Razz

sonic3

Post Sun May 31, 2009 11:03 am   Reply with quote         

Oh i remember the temperature in Queensland the last time i was over there.
I was in a hostel with no aircon, jet lag and didn't sleep for 3 days due to the heat.

Wiz

Post Sun May 31, 2009 5:31 pm   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:
I was in a hostel with no aircon, jet lag and didn't sleep for 3 days due to the heat.

Ah! you've tasted our sultry climate Down-Under Glen, you couldn't have picked a better spot than a crowded Back-Packers to sweat off a few pounds jet-lagged Pommy fat.

Best place I ever survived a true heatwave without A/C, was an old Queensland Pub verandah that had 'Planter's Chairs' and 'Eskies' for it's guests.

You kept drinking frosty XXXX's until you fell into one of those chairs, totally blind to any heat or mozzie bites, and then woke up bleary-eyed to face the next blistering day.

The Pub breakfast usually worked wonders for the hang-over, and the process started all over again! Because there's not much else to do in a one pub town that's 1600kms from Brisbane, in the middle of a bloody great desert and called The 'Birdsville Pub' during race week that's for sure! Wink Laughing

sonic3

Post Sun May 31, 2009 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:
sonic3 wrote:

Ah! you've tasted our sultry climate Down-Under Glen, you couldn't have picked a better spot than a crowded Back-Packers to sweat off a few pounds jet-lagged Pommy fat.

Best place I ever survived a true heatwave without A/C, was an old Queensland Pub verandah that had 'Planter's Chairs' and 'Eskies' for it's guests.

You kept drinking frosty XXXX's until you fell into one of those chairs, totally blind to any heat or mozzie bites, and then woke up bleary-eyed to face the next blistering day.

The Pub breakfast usually worked wonders for the hang-over, and the process started all over again! Because there's not much else to do in a one pub town that's 1600kms from Brisbane, in the middle of a bloody great desert and called The 'Birdsville Pub' during race week that's for sure! Wink Laughing

I started my holiday in Sydney then hired a camper and made our way up the coast to Cairns, then flew back to brisbane for the last week. Had a few beers over that week in your town. Nice place

Wiz

Post Sun May 31, 2009 7:33 pm   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:
Wiz wrote:
sonic3 wrote:

I started my holiday in Sydney then hired a camper and made our way up the coast to Cairns, then flew back to brisbane for the last week. Had a few beers over that week in your town. Nice place

That's a long trek, I'm amazed you survived all the Truckie Kamikazi's on the way up to Cairns, they hate slooow Campervans and caravans with a vengence, especially if you're only cruising at a 110K in THEIR lane! Shocked
It should be mandatory, that every Overseas tourist to our great sun-burnt land should be made to watch 'DUEL' at least TWICE before being let loose on the likes of the Pacific Highway during back-packer season. We hate to see our paying guests end up as 'Roadkill' Wink

Glad you flew back to Sydney and survived, they would have surely got you on the way back! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wiz Twisted Evil

spikelmalo

Post Sun May 31, 2009 7:39 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm in.. I like it. greetings!! Cool

splodge

Post Sun May 31, 2009 9:00 pm   Reply with quote         

what did i win???

Hallcross Toots

Post Sun May 31, 2009 9:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome to the PSC Photowalk Spikelmalo Very Happy

jerryhami

Post Sun May 31, 2009 11:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Are there any official rules for this thing? Like exact time for entry, number of entries, image size, blah blah blah,
or is this a one shot one kill contest?
Will I receive any notifications via email or PSC PM?

Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:01 am   Reply with quote         

jerryhami wrote:
Are there any official rules for this thing? Like exact time for entry, number of entries, image size, blah blah blah,
or is this a one shot one kill contest?
Will I receive any notifications via email or PSC PM?

Good question Jerry,

Time to take Photos:

You have all weekend (June 13th and 14th) to take photos.

Time to post photos:
You will have from Monday June 15th to Friday June 19th to post your photos or links to your photos in this thread.

Number of Entries:
You can take as many photos as you want...day or night. post your pictures in photo gallery on flickr, image shack, or any other picture hosting site.Then provide a link to your gallery. Just make sure that your photos are word tagged with "PSC Photowalk" so i know which ones to look at.

Image size:
If your going to post them in the forum thread...i would keep them at 800x600. If you are linking to a image hosting site...you can have it at any size you want.

Judging entries:
Judging will take place between June 20th -June 21st. The top 3 photos will be announced Monday June 22nd.

Enjoy your photowalks psc

jerryhami

Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:34 pm   Reply with quote         

grefix told me of this site on another thread. I haven't read through all of it but looks like it could come in handy.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - "PHOTOWALK" Extended to Monday @Noon - Reply to topic