Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - How much money to charge as freelancer? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

lancoma

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:40 am   Reply with quote         

Hi guys Smile . I need honest opinion: how much would you charge to make clipping paths+color balance+renaming of 1500 images? (shoes in this example). Company is in America, west coast. I wonder what's the price of people working there.

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:49 am   Reply with quote         

figure an hourly rate that you are happy with, or you may end up unhappy, be fare to yourself and the client Wink

buglover

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:51 am   Reply with quote         

Tell them a lot, check for a chines Company that does it for 5% of your price and become RICH!

Ok this may not be the honest opinion, but by 1500 images that's the only way it makes sense these days...

Cheers BL

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:57 am   Reply with quote         

I got $300 for that and I don't feel very happy Argh I don't know if it's ok to ask for a higher price. What do you think? Very Happy

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:59 am   Reply with quote         

buglover wrote:
Tell them a lot, check for a chines Company that does it for 5% of your price and become RICH!

Ok this may not be the honest opinion, but by 1500 images that's the only way it makes sense these days...

Cheers BL

Very Happy That's why it's hard to find a job these days because people work for peanuts Laughing . That's why I'm afraid to ask for more money 'cause there's always someone who will work for less. I'm not smart what to do Confused

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:05 am   Reply with quote         

lancoma wrote:
I got $300 for that and I don't feel very happy Argh I don't know if it's ok to ask for a higher price. What do you think? Very Happy

300$ is 1500 magic wand clicks and 1500 delete clicks. "save as" not included Smile

supak0ma

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:06 am   Reply with quote         

300??? don't you call that peanuts? no wonder work is slow here Sad

buglover

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:07 am   Reply with quote         

lancoma wrote:

300 bucks for 1500 images? Means 20 cent for 1 image? If so forget the getting rich Razz

Did you do the clipping paths by hand or automated?

Cheers BL

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:10 am   Reply with quote         

calculating 15 minutes per image you're looking at 375 hours of work, provided that you work 24 hrs a day it'll still take you more than 15 days,

300???

lancoma

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:12 am   Reply with quote         

By hand Laughing Yes, the problem is that I know I'm working for peanuts but I needed review at getafreelancer Embarassed Sooo then it's no problem to ask for more. How much? Is $600 too much? I live in a country where you can't earn much, but last job a had: 8 days of work in one month, $700. And now I just feel stupid with this

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:13 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
calculating 15 minutes per image you're looking at 375 hours of work, provided that you work 24 hrs a day it'll still take you more than 15 days,

300???

nope, I did that in 6 days, but I really didn't do anything else...who needs to sleep or go out for a walk Laughing

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:13 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:

300???

Exactly.
The average here too is estimated to 4-5 images/hour at a quotation of 15-25 euros/h. I f you wanna make them a favor ask 10 eur / 5 pics and this is good deal for them.

lancoma

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:15 am   Reply with quote         

buglover wrote:
lancoma wrote:

300 bucks for 1500 images? Means 20 cent for 1 image? If so forget the getting rich Razz

Did you do the clipping paths by hand or automated?

Cheers BL

in that logic if I want a new wacom I had to make paths out of 9000 pictures Laughing

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:15 am   Reply with quote         

yes, a minimum i'd ask would be 3000

lancoma

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:17 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
yes, a minimum i'd ask would be 3000

if you find somebody that pays that much for an ongoing job contact me Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - How much money to charge as freelancer? - Reply to topic