Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - How much money to charge as freelancer? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

supak0ma

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:18 am   Reply with quote         

to work for less here would be counter productive, dunno about where you live...damn globalisation i hate it

lancoma

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:20 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
to work for less here would be counter productive, dunno about where you live...damn globalisation i hate it

Croatia, were neighbors Wink

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:21 am   Reply with quote         

yea, only geographically, it seems Razz

lancoma

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:25 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:

Laughing I'm so pissed of. I can't work in Croatia 'cause people here work for $400 whole month 6 days a week, and I can't work over internet 'cause there's always somebody who lives in a worst shit hole and who will work for a smaller amount. I'll buy a tent and I'll go to live in woods Laughing

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:27 am   Reply with quote         

Meet me there, find a bright spot near water, if i ever plan to move to Croatia Smile

yello_piggy

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:28 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
yes, a minimum i'd ask would be 3000

so do I, 3.600 euros plus vat...

lancoma

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:31 am   Reply with quote         

bogonet wrote:
Meet me there, find a bright spot near water, if i ever plan to move to Croatia Smile

If Croatia will still exist in a future 'because of political scene...It's not looking good Sad

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:32 am   Reply with quote         

yello_piggy wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
yes, a minimum i'd ask would be 3000

so do I, 3.600 euros plus vat...

do Austria have some freelance site? Very Happy

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:33 am   Reply with quote         

lancoma wrote:
supak0ma wrote:

Laughing I'm so pissed of. I can't work in Croatia 'cause people here work for $400 whole month 6 days a week, and I can't work over internet 'cause there's always somebody who lives in a worst shit hole and who will work for a smaller amount. I'll buy a tent and I'll go to live in woods Laughing

yes!! india ruined it for us all Laughing

i'm in the tent next to yours!! i got a camping gas stove!! I'll provide the cooking Razz

buglover

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 am   Reply with quote         

lancoma wrote:
Laughing I'm so pissed of. I can't work in Croatia 'cause people here work for $400 whole month 6 days a week, and I can't work over internet 'cause there's always somebody who lives in a worst shit hole and who will work for a smaller amount. Laughing
yeah you nailed it. Big problem is that the work we're talking about is easily replaceable by all over the world.

So you should tell them a price, you can be happy with. If you really could live with 600, think about telling them 900.

It will not really matters to them if 600 or 900. The main prob will be if they where happy with the quality of your work. If so there's a chance that they prefer paying a higher price (what's still cheap in comparing to local prices) instead of the risk that the new cheap global designer will make a bad job.

Try to explain them that you will be able to deliver them a constant quality over the next years without higher prices next year. Cause the main problem for them will be the risk that next year you'll ask for more and more...

.. if it don't works you won't have become lucky with them in any way either.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Cheers BL

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:48 am   Reply with quote         

buglover wrote:
lancoma wrote:
Laughing I'm so pissed of. I can't work in Croatia 'cause people here work for $400 whole month 6 days a week, and I can't work over internet 'cause there's always somebody who lives in a worst shit hole and who will work for a smaller amount. Laughing
yeah you nailed it. Big problem is that the work we're talking about is easily replaceable by all over the world.

So you should tell them a price, you can be happy with. If you really could live with 600, think about telling them 900.

It will not really matters to them if 600 or 900. The main prob will be if they where happy with the quality of your work. If so there's a chance that they prefer paying a higher price (what's still cheap in comparing to local prices) instead of the risk that the new cheap global designer will make a bad job.

Try to explain them that you will be able to deliver them a constant quality over the next years without higher prices next year. Cause the main problem for them will be the risk that next year you'll ask for more and more...

Hope this helps, good luck!

Cheers BL

Thanks for support. They sad that they are really happy with my work and I'm working on a second project for them. But will see how good I am when I ask for more. I'm sad 'cause few days back I saw that a dog walker in america earn more money then I do Laughing .
Thank you, you helped.

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:49 am   Reply with quote         

thats true, but he also spends more money than you to "live"

lancoma

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:01 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
thats true, but he also spends more money than you to "live"

you're right

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:01 am   Reply with quote         

lancoma wrote:
They sad that they are really happy with my work and I'm working on a second project for them. But will see how good I am when I ask for more.
Don't be afraid of asking. Even if you do more and more jobs, that won't higher the value of your work for them. Worse, they will get more and more used to the low price.

lancoma wrote:
I'm sad 'cause few days back I saw that a dog walker in america earn more money then I do Laughing .
Thank you, you helped.
I am sad about a lot of things in the world brought to me by the loved internet. The ability to concentrate on local problems without ignoring the global ones is one of my main probs Razz

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:21 am   Reply with quote         

Be honest with yourself. You are setting yourself up for the future. If you are afraid to ask for fair money now you may be setting a trend for the future. Your work is obviously good so be fair to yourself.
How long does it take you to do these images??
In America the average freelancer makes $50 an hour, so if they can do 3 images per hour...That would be $25,000.
I'm not saying you should ask for that much but figure what a fair hourly price would be to you and do the math. Tell them you are willing to deal with the price but at least you set a number for them to get close to. Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - How much money to charge as freelancer? - Reply to topic