Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Whaaaa? Look at this! - Reply to topic

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:08 am   Reply with quote         

http://gizmodo.com/5374890/this-is-a-photoshop-and-it-blew-my-mind

This is amazing if it isn't a hoax and actually works half as well as they say. Shocked Their site is down, hopefully it will be accessible soon.

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:45 am   Reply with quote         

We are now obsolete... Shocked
This must be what Anfa and ReyRey use for sure... Laughing

annajon

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:16 am   Reply with quote         

http://www.brainstormllc.com/

All I find is this as PhotoSketch - a 3D plug-in

glennhanna

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:21 am   Reply with quote         

"grab cut algorithm" this algorithm has to be fictional. It works too well in the video. You'd think Photoshop would have that, being a leader in this industry. Do they have something like that in the new versions of Photoshop? Imagine how much time that algorithm would save.

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:28 am   Reply with quote         

im sorry, i think its horse crap.

How, on God's great earth, can a program learn exact perspective and place shadows correctly on a 2D plane? Horse crap...

How, according to Darwin, can a piece of code resize elements to correct proportion accordingly? Horse crap...

How, and it's probably the uneducated guesses of the unsuspecting users, can luminosity, gamma, contrast etc automatically fit together in a recipe of 3 or more internet images? Horse crap...

What you're seeing in thier demo video is hollywood style "candy coated" edited horse crap.

This is what it probably turns out like:

I could also be talking horse crap. Does anyone have some more solid evidence?

supak0ma

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:52 am   Reply with quote         

ahahah!!! bullshit!!! Laughing Laughing

anfa

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:42 am   Reply with quote         

Superpixels!!! Hahahaha, what a load of bollocks!

Post Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:25 am   Reply with quote         

playing devil's advocate
Drumstix71 wrote:
How, according to Darwin, can a piece of code resize elements to correct proportion accordingly? Horse crap...
it uses the sketch to match sizes

Drumstix71 wrote:
How, and it's probably the uneducated guesses of the unsuspecting users, can luminosity, gamma, contrast etc automatically fit together in a recipe of 3 or more internet images? Horse crap...
color matching isn't that difficult (hell you can do it already with photoshop).

Drumstix71 wrote:
What you're seeing in thier demo video is hollywood style "candy coated" edited horse crap.

demo with optimal sources

Drumstix71 wrote:

How, on God's great earth, can a program learn exact perspective and place shadows correctly on a 2D plane? Horse crap...

I'll give you that one. The demo ignores that kind of issue ofcourse (again using those optimal sources)

Anyway, just downloaded the binaries (meant for the imageprocessing, not the searching stuff). It requires quite some pre-setup (no demo images as it isn't a demo download), so haven't managed to test it out yet, but will.

But basically speaking, the technology they're speaking of, isn't that far fetched (take a look at photoshop to the quick selection tool, merge that functionality with a crude mask and your already pretty close to the cutting ability)

Again, color matching isn't far fetched either (again, photoshop)

Scaling selections to match the size of another object, not too difficult either.

Finding images on the internet with tags, i believe it already exists Smile

Recognition of shapes in images, not too difficult either, if you consider stuff like tineye exists, or face recognition software.

All in all, this thing is currently a bit overhyped for what it actually is. No biggie in my book. Fun though

If the technology proves stable I wouldn't be suprised to see it in Adobe CS 6, 7 or 8.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Whaaaa? Look at this! - Reply to topic