Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Problem with edit update - Reply to topic

JAM

Post Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:01 pm   Reply with quote         

First of all, I am feeling really good that my entry http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/159615/big-scare-gif.html tied for 6th place out of 50! in the 'Viewing the Moon' contest even tho I never got the edit updated! Maybe Granny's still got it. She just has to knock off a few guys who put sexual stuff up Wink

Per a couple of comments, I edited it...fixed that big error in the last frame (Granny's also going blind ) added 3 frames and then tried to update first day at least 10 times! Even looked with different browser. No joy. Wrote moderaters from help page, but heard nothing. Can you not update during a contest, or what am I missing, please?

Now I need to work on a tagline...all this baby sitting of grandkids is doing me in! Smile

Cow

Post Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:30 pm   Reply with quote         

when you add frames the whole thing gets bigger, not in square inches, but in KB and there is a limit to the amount of KB you can use. Perhaps your changes caused the KB size to become to big for the allowed in your membership?

GIF: Less than 550px wide by 450px high
At least 500px wide by 350px high
Under 125 KB in file size

Learn more about cows here: http://www.marleenfelius.nl/uk/
JAM

Post Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Cow wrote:
when you add frames the whole thing gets bigger, not in square inches, but in KB and there is a limit to the amount of KB you can use. Perhaps your changes caused the KB size to become to big for the allowed in your membership?

GIF: Less than 550px wide by 450px high
At least 500px wide by 350px high
Under 125 KB in file size

Hey, thanks, cow! Maybe that was it. Altho still confused on size. My orig. was 503 kb...maybe that went thru cuz I have Advantage? Next one was a bit larger. Sure wish it would tell you the problem when you try to update.

annajon

Post Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Your original was 515254 bytes, 550 x 413 pixels

As you have added to this file, it will become bigger.

When you update your revised gif, you need to either make it a little smaller in pixel size or lower in rez. thereby staying under the 515254 your gif originally was. Because that was close to the limit you have for uploading gifs

JAM

Post Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:01 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:

When you update your revised gif, you need to either make it a little smaller in pixel size or lower in rez. thereby staying under the 515254 your gif originally was. Because that was close to the limit you have for uploading gifs

Thanks, Annajon! I may get it yet Smile So is Cow a friend of yours? Wink And when are you gonna correct the spelling of jewelry? hehe Smile Or maybe I'm missing something yet again.

annajon

Post Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:05 pm   Reply with quote         

JAM wrote:
annajon wrote:

Thanks, Annajon! I may get it yet Smile So is Cow a friend of yours? Wink And when are you gonna correct the spelling of jewelry? hehe Smile Or maybe I'm missing something yet again.

I am cow - but that is a very - very long story, best forgotten. Smile And I will forever miss the spelling on jewelry, I should just write jewels, much easier...

annajon

Post Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:07 pm   Reply with quote         

PS, I have send you two pm's in your inbox above too.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Problem with edit update - Reply to topic