Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Overwhelming need - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:33 am   Reply with quote         

Sanctuary wrote:
Woa...
i'm glad you guys like my idea.
hehe

i always view until the last entry...
afterward i try to refresh if there's anything new...

then go to chat where scwidvicious always online.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

heh.. seems that way in the chat sometimes..

I do try to go and look at all entries perhaps a few hours before it ends when possible and always give non advantage votes when i like what they have done.

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:12 am   Reply with quote         

Sometimes I post just to see how overlooked I can get! Smile

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:29 am   Reply with quote         

I think it's a good idea, but isn't part of advantage having your entries shown first?

bogonet

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:35 am   Reply with quote         

Problem is, as i noticed in few cases, people are simply afraid to update, just because their image will be moved at the end on line and thinking of losing some votes because of the explanation below, they rather not to, and it's a pity because the line between a great image and a total failure it's pretty thin in most of the situations.

Why's that? Because,and here I'm very sorry to say that, there are people who are lazy to even click big in order to understand something from the image, to discover details or even major things which are crippled in thumbnail and might represent the whole meaning of the work.

Conclusion is more like a dilema: to lose votes because your image was moved to the end or lose votes because image is unfinished/has some adjustable errors? It's their choice.

Back on topic, i don't know what would be the proper solution because each of us has different approach to check on images, indexes, orders, patience, name preferences, etc...

bogo

ReyRey

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:34 am   Reply with quote         

TutorMe wrote:
I think it's a good idea, but isn't part of advantage having your entries shown first?

I think the advantage part is getting to work on your image ahead of time and place it first but as for showing first, I don't think that is needed.

glennhanna

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:04 am   Reply with quote         

Sadly, the only real solution is to shorten the voting period to one day, the final day. Because the real problem here is that many people only look through a contest once, and some of them just cast their votes too soon.

glennhanna

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:06 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
TutorMe wrote:

I think the advantage part is getting to work on your image ahead of time and place it first but as for showing first, I don't think that is needed.

Good point. Although, what would prevent somebody from constantly updating their images to stay at the top of the list if you reversed the default order?

pearlie

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:15 am   Reply with quote         

When I have enough time to do some thorough looking and voting, first I do look at them from most votes down to least. If one or two stand out, I'll give them a vote. And usually, I'll start voting on the ones who are not near the top. Then, I look at the ones at the bottom, with few or no votes, and if the chop is even a little decent for whatever reason, I give them votes next - underdogs need a boost of confidence, especially newbies.

And gee, I didn't realize that when you edit your chop it goes to last place... Evil or Very Mad why is that, why can't it keep the spot it first had? Is that a technical glitch or what? or done on purpose...... Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:59 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
TutorMe wrote:

Good point. Although, what would prevent somebody from constantly updating their images to stay at the top of the list if you reversed the default order?

Maybe the default list should be random. Confused

Sanctuary

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:25 am   Reply with quote         

hmph
how about put the hot chops or random chops list every where

and sorry for making your page wide...

ReyRey

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:27 am   Reply with quote         

That's actually not a bad idea

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Overwhelming need - Reply to topic