Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Drop the egos and learn - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

ReyRey

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Meaty wrote:
TBH Rey, I dont update the pieces no matter how major the mistake is, for the simple reason, If i missed it the first time and people have voted for it then i feel i will be cheating to alter it. They voted on the original, to change it afterwards no matter how slight the modification is, is not the piece they voted for and if you cant retract your votes, then you shouldnt be able to update your pieces in my mind.

I dont care if others do it, although sometimes i do wish i had seen the original before it was updated. I just dont feel fair updating because i screwed up somewhere, although i do always take the comments for what they are and appreciate feedback. Just thought i would add my 2p's worth. Wink

Your 2ps are always appreciated and respected.... Very Happy Shocked What's a p?

TJ

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Meaty wrote:
TBH Rey, I dont update the pieces no matter how major the mistake is, for the simple reason, If i missed it the first time and people have voted for it then i feel i will be cheating to alter it. They voted on the original, to change it afterwards no matter how slight the modification is, is not the piece they voted for and if you cant retract your votes, then you shouldnt be able to update your pieces in my mind.

I dont care if others do it, although sometimes i do wish i had seen the original before it was updated. I just dont feel fair updating because i screwed up somewhere, although i do always take the comments for what they are and appreciate feedback. Just thought i would add my 2p's worth. Wink

Well said Meaty!
Someone faved one of my chops and I updated it 3 times after. I felt like I was cheating the voters too, but the mistakes I made were obvious once they where pointed out to me.
Maybe I should have left it till the last hours of voting or even after the comp was over.

I started doing a side-by-side link to show what I changed so folks could see the original.

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/160135/snowy-morning-upd.html
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/160649/speedboat-cave-upd3.html

I'll still update till its the best I can do, but understand what your saying. Wink

ps. Thanks for the comment Claf. Much appreciated sir. thumleft

blue_lurker

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:17 pm   Reply with quote         

I have no problem with people up-dating either, but I'm with meaty if its in a contest then once voting begins I don't change it. If its for a client well they always know what's best cause they have years and years of experience to tell me to make the blue, bluer and the Red just more red. Wink

MamaBallistic

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:18 pm   Reply with quote         

I update if I can find the time & usually on Reys recommendation so thumleft Thanks Rey Very Happy

tophatpainter

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:18 pm   Reply with quote         

This site is combining two fields that are typically over run with egos - art and computer software knowledge. On top of that, its now a competition. I have to say, the people here do damn well at checking their egos. I am a little new, but I, like my father before me, am a bulls**t artist and can smell it a mile away. Even the bickering between Rey and Marco ends up sounding like my wife and I arguing and not a battle of egos. Good job guys!

I don't update my stuff because a) I'm lucky to have time to post A chop, let alone fix it, and b) what I entered is what I entered. It was the best I could do with what was given me. I'm sort of forward moving in that way though. I don't usually fix my airbrush stuff unless a client wants me too.

And, BTW I have time to forum post because I do it on my phone at work. Smile

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:42 am   Reply with quote         

tophatpainter wrote:
This site is combining two fields that are typically over run with egos - art and computer software knowledge. On top of that, its now a competition. I have to say, the people here do damn well at checking their egos. I am a little new, but I, like my father before me, am a bulls**t artist and can smell it a mile away. Even the bickering between Rey and Marco ends up sounding like my wife and I arguing and not a battle of egos. Good job guys!

I don't update my stuff because a) I'm lucky to have time to post A chop, let alone fix it, and b) what I entered is what I entered. It was the best I could do with what was given me. I'm sort of forward moving in that way though. I don't usually fix my airbrush stuff unless a client wants me too.

And, BTW I have time to forum post because I do it on my phone at work. Smile

Me and Marco?? Laughing
That is absolutely an ego thing. Laughing

YerPalAl

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:51 am   Reply with quote         

I'm beginning to feel the love here again. Laughing Laughing Laughing

tophatpainter

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:04 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Me and Marco?? Laughing
That is absolutely an ego thing. Laughing

Uh huh. That's why you guys still give each other compliments after voting for eachother... Come on, you don't fool me! You don't usually get into an argument with someone and tell them that they are good at what they do etc and say that's ego. Don't be scared of the mushy feelings. Embarassed It's ok if you guys admit to liking eachother. I've only been here a month and I can see it, so I know you aren't fooling the other people here either. Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Wow, Rey. I didn't know you were going to start a thread about this. I might have been a little more critical Laughing I really appreciate your response, though you still haven't told me how you did the fabric. I assume I was correct with the "brushing shades and highlights."

I, too, greatly appreciate comments and critique. Though I rarely get anything useful on my chops, I always learn from them (even though I don't usually update)

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah me and Rey love each others like brothers we never wanted Laughing

I sold my ego on ebay, think the Hoff bought it as back up Razz

MamaBallistic

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:44 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
Yeah me and Rey love each others like brothers we never wanted Laughing

I sold my ego on ebay, think the Hoff bought it as back up Razz

Really? Coulda fooled me! Laughing

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:52 pm   Reply with quote         

no...help...at...all Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Drop the egos and learn - Reply to topic