Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - my barbie video - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

timea

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Hello everybody
here is my first video. I made it for a hungarian band . It was a university project...on a very low budget.. I would like to hear your opinions (good or bad)...
thnx
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFsyiC--5e0

supak0ma

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:38 pm   Reply with quote         

timea wrote:
Hello everybody
here is my first video. I made it for a hungarian band . It was a university project...on a very low budget.. I would like to hear your opinions (good or bad)...
thnx

hey! good video! really like your direction...nice composition in your shots! the ending is a bit predictable imho, but maybe that wasn't your choice. Keep it up. Smile

leif

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:53 pm   Reply with quote         

who's the hot blond?

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm no film expert.

However,
depth of field use was good, lighting was good. quicker cuts would be nice that are in concert with the music. there are some hand tremors that transfer to the barbies which might have been reduced with a wrist rest and/or use of a clothespin to attach to the barbie and/or soft finger cots, maybe?

woodie

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

timea wrote:
Hello everybody
thnx

Very interesting. I like the feel of it.

ReinMan

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Timea - neat song, interesting video. Something tends to drag (feel a bit boring) near the middle of the video. I would like to see a couple shots of the actual band or something just to give me a "barbie break" at some point.

Ending was a bit anti-climatic as, once you understand that barbie is now TOAST, she just keeps TOASTING. Again, perhaps a few more scene cuts there with different camera angles or something?

But more importantly: congrats! You DID something instead of just talk about it... good luck with your music and band and stuff! Reinier Very Happy

yello_piggy

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:06 pm   Reply with quote         

hi, my hungarian neigbors!

very cool stuff, I like it much! my impression: in the first half, you could fix the doll onto some kind of rotating turntables, I guess, you filmmakers call it "dolly". it looks homemade, when you see the moves of your wagging hand on the doll. it works in the second half, there you seem to have fixed the doll(s), maybe because of the fire - HANDS OFF! Shocked
generelly I liked the second half much more, also the music. honestly, at 1:18 I clicked on forward, cause I was a little bored.
camera super! maybe some more minutes on the lights...

good job you did!

glennhanna

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:47 pm   Reply with quote         

I think it's pretty good for a low budget video. You might add a few more close ups at different perspectives. I would really like you to add one shot. During the lyrics "Kaucsuk" that repeat a few times while she is getting spanked, I'd like to see a close up of her face from beneath her. So imagine a camera is right below her face looking up at her from the floor while she is on all fours. She will be looking right at the camera, as you can see the quick vibration each time she is slapped. Show this for about 3 seconds within the shot that is already there. This will give a brief intimate connection with the viewer as she makes eye contact with the camera.

Of course you can't place a camera at that spot, you'll have to simulate that shot with whatever creative setup you can come up with. You may need to use a Macro lens to accomplish this shot and have her face in focus, and perhaps see a portion of the other doll behind her out of focus (I'd avoid showing the other doll's face in that shot, but shoulders and torso is okay).

I thought this would be lame when you said low budget and Barbie Dolls. I'm actually impressed, and enjoyed the music too.

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:53 pm   Reply with quote         

cool Smile

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:12 pm   Reply with quote         

timea wrote:
Hello everybody
thnx

3:35 - 3:38 were awesome. They 'alluded' to something else and with great imagery. I believe 3:35 - 3:38 is what you were hoping to project with the rest of the film.
The rest is amateurish (to me) on most levels aside from the lighting, which works well (maybe a little bright). . (I quit watching at 3:50...would have quit at :09 if not watching for a PSCer.)
I compliment you on having no experience with the worlds of S&M, and the sex trade (S E X - asinine mod shit there), but I doubt that was what you were attempting to project.
If I were grading you, I'd have quit at :09 simply because the opening shot is a bondage shot, and you didn't even spend 60 seconds researching the web to make an incredibly simple knot. On the same note...extraneous dirt on the set is distracting, and shows focus on getting the job done rather than doing the best you can do.
On the positive side, you know how to film, put a project together well, and have ideas, and some skill.
I would suggest this particular piece of research material for this project. The British film "The Secretary"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0274812/

Michel

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:52 pm   Reply with quote         

leif wrote:
who's the hot blond?

Damn! You had me look!

YerPalAl

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Not SPAM - PLUS!

You actually created something - BIG PLUS

Rising above small budget - PLUS

I don't understand the lyrics, of course, and not exactly my style of music, but that is not a negative as I am not your audience.

Was the band pleased?

I kind of agree about maybe shots of the band in performance would enhance this.

KUDOS for actually doing something. Keep on producing!!

glennhanna

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

another example of a low budget video that works awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_HXUhShhmY

I noticed they simulated the sunlight through the window, otherwise the light would have moved during her dream.

timea

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:21 pm   Reply with quote         

timea

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - my barbie video - Reply to topic