Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - This is completely ridiculous... - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Watch them Drift

Post Tue May 11, 2010 5:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Procyon -> Watch them Drift: H2H (Mon May 10, 2010 11:19 am)
It's called private message for a reason.

Watch them Drift -> Procyon: Re: H2H (Tue May 11, 2010 4:32 pm)
Edit message
I find exceptionally aggravating that i found this message in my inbox i personally believe that the speed of a reply should not determine a re-entry in to the competition. therefore if claudiolky has not replied to assume the position I believe I'm entitled to the position not due to speed of reply but rather due to my vote percentage (90%) compared to stevsters (88%) however if claudiolky has requested the position. I believe he is entitled to it first as he has a 93% vote percentage. If this is not changed I feel i will have to end my relationship with this community. As these circumstances are completely unfair and unprofessional.

Post Tue May 11, 2010 5:47 pm   Reply with quote         

as a neutral party I will agree that percentage should move on before speed... The head to head basically puts the best picture to the next round therefore, maybe highest percent should move on.

just 2 cents from me

edit: I also missed out on the fiasco the other day so i dont know what yall decided

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue May 11, 2010 5:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Shocked oh dear, I presumed that you would have been contacted in order, and knew you would be around for the H2H WTD.... oh dear me Confused

kittie

Post Tue May 11, 2010 6:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I COMPLETELY agree that it should go by percentage...

however, with time constraints being as they are, I could see why they would try and get someone quickly.

MamaBallistic

Post Tue May 11, 2010 6:04 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
I COMPLETELY agree that it should go by percentage...

however, with time constraints being as they are, I could see why they would try and get someone quickly.

I'm with Kittie on this one guys, sorry. Proc had to fill the gap to avoid a no show & I guess he did that in the way he thought was best.

I know this is unfair because you weren't contacted in order but there's not long left until R2 begins so (and I'm sure there was discussion in the mods forums) they have done what they thought was necessary.

Sorry we won't be seeing you entering WTD, was looking forward to it!!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue May 11, 2010 6:06 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah sorry that you were in, then out, then in and out again WTD, but the slot needed filling, I can see why Proc did it this way, the situation may have resulted in a no show otherwise.

Under the circumstances, I would have to say the correct thing was done.

vunt van pumununt

Post Tue May 11, 2010 6:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Watch them Drift wrote:
If this is not changed I feel i will have to end my relationship with this community. As these circumstances are completely unfair and unprofessional.

Raising Brow
dude, it's a game...

Post Tue May 11, 2010 6:25 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
yeah sorry that you were in, then out, then in and out again WTD, but the slot needed filling, I can see why Proc did it this way, the situation may have resulted in a no show otherwise.

"No time for the ol' in-out, love. I've just come to read the meter!"

*!*

Post Tue May 11, 2010 6:26 pm   Reply with quote         

vunt van pumununt wrote:
Watch them Drift wrote:
If this is not changed I feel i will have to end my relationship with this community. As these circumstances are completely unfair and unprofessional.

Raising Brow
dude, it's a game...

It's not the fact that it is a game or not, its a point of principle, if proc is going to run a website he should run it right. He has made strides in making every aspect of this website fair, but unfortunately that progress halted with the H2H, first with the rules not being followed and continually flexed, and second with this discrepancy. The H2H is about photoshop, not who can PM fastest. I will gladly concede my rightful position to claudio if he asks for it, even if it were at 7:59am tomorrow morning.

Post Tue May 11, 2010 6:27 pm   Reply with quote         

the burning couch wrote:
marcoballistic wrote:

"No time for the ol' in-out, love. I've just come to read the meter!"

*!*

clockwork orange...freakin classic

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Tue May 11, 2010 6:44 pm   Reply with quote         

And my reply:

The first come first serve was changed to what you said.
soulrock->claudio->you->stevster with a deadline of 8PM last night.
Since I didn't hear back from anybody except stevster, the spot was given to stevster. If I would've heard from you before 8PM you would've gotten the spot.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - This is completely ridiculous... - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.