Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Expert needed - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Martrex

Post Wed May 26, 2010 11:31 am   Reply with quote         

Sanctuary wrote:
thanks for the respond evryone.
so now should i smash this lappy and tell my mom it was accident? Laughing and hoping i'll get a non hp lappy from her again?
Laughing Laughing

not so sure if i can find those cases,tofu
i'll try to find it this weekend

No just say: "Thank you Mom it's wonderful how did you know I wanted this one! It's the best present I ever got!"

Otherwise you might not get a present from her ever again, since you didn't like the one she went through so much trouble to find just for you. ; )

Enjoy it the price was just right!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed May 26, 2010 1:20 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:
Some of my own statistics for broken PC's/laptops over the past 10 months where the motherboard died and needed replacement, but because it's out of warranty, the costs are too high to replace.

Medion Laptop: 1
Medion PC: 4

Packard Bell Laptop: 1
Packard Bell PC: 0

Acer Laptop: 2
Acer PC: 3

HP PC: 3 (2 of them were just out of warranty)
HP Laptop: 9 (7 of them were just out of warranty - most of them are from the DV9000-series)

With Dell, Packard Bell, Sony Vaio, Mac, Samsung, Asus systems I never encountered faulty motherboards yet in that way that it needs replacement.

I won't say HP is a bad brand, but the numbers don't lie. The complaints about HP laptops worldwide are huge and a lot of factory-errors are not even supported, even though HP admitted two years ago that there were a lot of problems with their motherboards, going in conflict with Nvidia-cards. Repaircost: 500 $ when out of warranty. Problem is that most of them got broken, just out of warranty. Customer = screwed.

At the other hand, thanks to HP, I've managed to build up a huge amount of spareparts such as Hard drives, Memory, displays, Wireless cards, etc Smile

Nevertheless, HP systems with good working hardware are working just fine.

Some of your numbers could simply be attributed to the percentage of the market each maker has. HP merged with Compaq to become the largest manufacturer so it stands to reason that you'll see more repairs of their products.

I don't think you can get a Packard Bell here in the states anymore. Shocked Laughing

Post Wed May 26, 2010 8:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Have had only one problem with my hp of 5 years and that was a hd failure replaced hd ,Found a good hp drivers list for my model and back up and going strong ! congrats on the new toy hope it will be as good to you as mine has me Smile

Post Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Ya gotta lose the Home Premium ( it's lame in my opinion) and and go with Windows 7 Ultimate. (that is ,if you choose to stay with windows at all, lol)
Or use XP Professional.

Most so-called "bad" computers are the result of misuse and overheating(sits too close to the wall or is full of dust bunnies).
If a computer is kept clean and cool and isn't overloaded with unused and/or malware it should last a while.

That being said HP is cool for a freebie any day!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Expert needed - Reply to topic