Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Bad Bad Bad Tarmac - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Tarmac

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:47 pm   Reply with quote         

OK guys. Its apology and fess-up time. I've been very very bad, as I have been HIGHLY neglectful of my many good friends here. To annajon, glennhanna, cafn8d, TofuTheGreat, Tesore, nancers, YerpalAl, et al, I am alive and well and staying as happy as I possibly can these days.

Inbetween my week long chemo therapies I was unfortunate to come down with a very horrible mouth infection which spiraled me into a deep depression. The infection was a multiple fungal and viral diseases all at the same time and was truly horrible, lasting over a month and a half. My depression was a recoil response to the pain of the infection. I just didn't want to talk to, or contact anyone.

I'm much better now. I am currently doing a week of chemo therapy at Mission Hospital in Orange County followed by one more week here later this month, then I'll go to Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles for about a month long stay for bone marrow transplant and if all is successful, I'll be done.

I had a PET-Scan and CT-Scan a few weeks ago, and I am happy to say I am in 100% remission from my cancer, so all is going well.

Again, I'm sorry for making any you worry, ignoring your emails.

As penance for my sins, here are some recent photos of me. I know you guys love to slaughter good photos so have at it, if you wish.

Bad Bad Bad Tarmac (Hey, maybe I can get Nancers to spank me with that wooden spoon of her's)

bigbuck

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:07 am   Reply with quote         

Good to hear from you Bob. Been some worried people here.
Looking good in some of those pics. Keep in touch and chin up Bud!
Brad.

Martrex

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:10 am   Reply with quote         

I think you are just trying to hit every hospital you can find, hear about, or have seen in the movies and TV shows.
Really you do need a better hobby.
I got it try that computer program, what's it called Photo shoppe. I'm sure the Nurses you've abused will spring for a copy of it for you.
Though, It might be too difficult for you to handle.

There is always crocheting, knitting, needle point? Something to keep you off the streets and out of the wards. Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Sarcasm Just for those who might need this clarification. Sarcasm

the202
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:34 am   Reply with quote         

It's good to hear AND see you back in respectable shape. Everything will go fine at Cedars-Sinai, they know what they're doing.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:38 am   Reply with quote         

cheers fantastic news Smile

I am facebookless, but have been badgering peoples on any news on you, so this is great to read, sorry you contracted that nasty infection. But looking good now bud, excellant Very Happy

the burning couch

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:29 am   Reply with quote         

ermmm

"!*

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:06 am   Reply with quote         

So happy to hear from you, Bob! I think I can partly imagine how depressing it would be to go through what you are going through, but then to have an infection that makes you feel miserable and also make you doubt that things will get better. It looks like you are doing much better and the good news is absolutely awesome to hear.

I've been wanting to add myself to the Bone Marrow registry. I just started the application online, and hopefully I can get a swab kit in the mail in a couple of weeks. It's important for people to be a part of this thing. I hope that I get a chance to save someone's life.

I had no idea that it takes a month to prepare for a bone marrow transplant. Are you able to find out who the donor is?

Thanks for the update, Bob!

Tesore

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:16 am   Reply with quote         

Pffffffffffffffff its about time!
Heee looking good my friend... your daughter I mean!!! Twisted Evil

Nice photo's... oh yeah... very nice Cool

Welcome back you Hug

annajon

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:00 am   Reply with quote         

You're forgiven.

If there are earthquakes in the next few hours, that will be me, doing cartwheels over the good news. Laughing Laughing Laughing

You should not make little elephants do cartwheels, I guess.

Photo abuse will follow, for sure

Wiz

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:13 am   Reply with quote         

Hang in there Bob, those Black Dog Days can be devastating if you let 'em.

So it's one day at a time sweet Jesus, may he watch over you.

God Bless.

Brian (AKA Wiz) Smile

Tesore

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:19 am   Reply with quote         

I told you to close those windows!

Wink

YerPalAl

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:23 am   Reply with quote         

GREAT NEWS BOB!!

I love the picture of you and the daughter, NICE to see you smiling man!!
And a picture of you on the street, way to go man!! Very Happy

Hey, EVERYBODDY es celeBRATing, mon!!

MamaBallistic

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:08 am   Reply with quote         

cheers great to see you're doing well Mr T!! ... now hurry that recovery up & get your ass back here .... we haven't had the formal introduction followed by abuse thing happen between us yet! Laughing

MamaB Smile

PS... Beautiful daughter Smile

annajon

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:17 am   Reply with quote         

OK, here goes. For those all important kisses and hugs, but not run the risk of germs screwing up the next 5 weeks till the bone marrow transplant - here is ...... Ta daaaaaaahhhhhh .....

Tarmac's Kiss Machine

cafn8d

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:05 am   Reply with quote         

SO GOOD to see and hear from you!! Hug Oooo.... sorry about your recent infection, and glad it's healed. Mouth pain is very aggravating. Just ask the parents of a teething toddler! Wink But seriously, that sounds horrible. Was it thrush or thrush related? (All I know about thrush is my husband had to suck on these foul lozenges after his kidney transplant as a precaution against it.)

I don't care HOW MUCH you like HITCHCOCK; that FIRST picture CREEPS ME OUT... I never knew he and Uncle Fester had a love child! Twisted Evil

LOVE the photo of you with your daughter; you both look relieved and relaxed, and your color is even good. Very Happy

GREAT NEWS about your remission and approaching the end of your treatments! My continued BEST WISHES and PRAYERS that ALL GOES WELL! Hug

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Bad Bad Bad Tarmac - Reply to topic