Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Image Issues and an Idea - Reply to topic

TheBullShark

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:57 am   Reply with quote         

I have been a little disappointed with the starting pics recently... either way too complex as a starting point or boring beyond beliefe or potentially of poor photographic quality... That being said, I have to swallow my words a little as some of the chops I have done to pics I hated actually turned out very well... ironic... but I love irony even when it burns a little.

Anyway my unique idea was this... has there ever been a contest where everyone used a "different" picture? OK I bet many skeptics are now thinking TheBullShark has lost the plot but check the logic.

Take a "head and shoulders" photograph of yourself. Then "Chop" it any way you wish. Not only would it be cool to see a little of who many members are, but I think it would be very interesting to see how each member "sees" themselves. Which is the true essence of a self portrait. By no means do I want to kill the anonymity and allure of the community, but I think the results would be interesting. (e.g. Van Gogh's earless portrait)

In my opinion, this would be judged mostly from a concept and skill aspect and the starting point would be close enough to allow fair judging. Has this ever been tried?

If anyone thinks this would be a cool idea, leave a "thumps up" in this forum and maybe the idea will grow fins and swim!

glennhanna

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:00 am   Reply with quote         

Sounds like a forum game... This will start it. Unfortunately I have to go to work. But feel free to post your mutilated head shots here.
Ok... this is the best I got for rushing.... I made this in another thread. I made it in Microsoft Paint

TheShaman

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:04 am   Reply with quote         

Yeah agreed... more of a forum game.

Though we've done contests like this..
http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/2211/white.html?l=&o=votes

where everyone started with a white "blank" image
and were allowed to basically do anything they wanted.

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:53 am   Reply with quote         

How the heck do you attach a photo to a forum... could it be any more difficult?!? I'll be back...

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:07 am   Reply with quote         

TheBullShark wrote:
How the heck do you attach a photo to a forum... could it be any more difficult?!? I'll be back...
1. upload the photo to an image hosting site (e.g. imageshack.us, tinypic.com, ohshot.com or any other)
2. copy the image URL code (usually referred to as Direct Link)
3. paste it in the forum message between image tags, for example
Code:
[img]http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/8480/largebullshark.jpg[/img]

TheBullShark

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:33 am   Reply with quote         

Mmmm! Now she's a cute shark...! Just my type!

Thanks I checked it out and works like a charm... Had never used an image host... Live and learn.

glennhanna thanks for the initial response, was a little unsure how it would be received.

Now I just need to adjust my self portrait. I started but dont like what I have... prooving to be an interesting exercise into self reflection!

Once done (day or so) I will start a dedicated forum for it called "PSC Self Portraits" and we can proceed from there.

Tesore

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:55 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:00 am   Reply with quote         

Sounds a little like its

Just saying that's all

ReinMan

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:32 am   Reply with quote         

I like to keep my identity around here SECRET. Raising Brow

Hope you understand.

reindeer

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing

roger1

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Sounds like an awesome idea Very Happy

blue_lurker

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:38 pm   Reply with quote         

TheBullShark wrote:
I have been a little disappointed with the starting pics recently... either way too complex as a starting point or boring beyond beliefe or potentially of poor photographic quality... That being said, I have to swallow my words a little as some of the chops I have done to pics I hated actually turned out very well... ironic... but I love irony even when it burns a little.

Just remember the images are posted by members and then the winning image is selected by memebers voting...so I guess its your fault for picking and entering shit images...Ironic enought for ya... Laughing

I do agree with the quality of the Resolution some times, but I guess if your good enought "you can make a silk purse out of a sows ear".

Just saying

Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Just remember the images are posted by members and then the winning image is selected by memebers voting...so I guess its your fault for picking and entering shit images...Ironic enought for ya... Laughing

I do agree with the quality of the Resolution some times, but I guess if your good enought "you can make a silk purse out of a sows ear".

Just saying[/quote]

yep Wink

itjentije

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:40 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
the quality of the Resolution some times, but I guess if your good enought "you can make a silk purse out of a sows ear

the lower the resolution, the less time u nead to edit pic... 5min editing is just wright thing for me coz that is how much time i usually have available at work for games and stuff... just nead a good idea Idea

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         

But what if I'm REALLY ugly?

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Image Issues and an Idea - Reply to topic