Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Has PSC Died ? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:10 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
Martrex wrote:
I think the apple juice post like today with the black swan raises the class level of this site. Shocked Shocked Shocked

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/169574/votes.html

3 days and no mod deleted that?

I think it is a very late post... I figure it will be deleted soon... and the dumbass too...

TJ

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:11 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
TJ wrote:
arcaico wrote:
Heinlein wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:
I think what you're noticing all started around Jan/Feb 2007.

Just sayin'. Confused Sad

What happened then? Was there a change or something Confused

http://photoshopcontest.com/news/psc-news/2006/welcome-pscs-new-owner.html

WOW! So thats what happened.... Thanks arcaico for the info.

I didnīt say anything... just linked to what Tofu was refering to. So thank him instead.

I understand that. Do you have any ideas on how to get thing going again or do you think its a summer thing and things will get better?

nat_g31

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for showing that link Arc. Now I am going to have nightmares. I could have gone a lifetime without seeing that disturbing thing. Laughing Laughing

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
arcaico

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:02 pm   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:
Thanks for showing that link Arc. Now I am going to have nightmares. I could have gone a lifetime without seeing that disturbing thing. Laughing Laughing

I didnīt show anything... just linked to what Martrex was refering to. So thank him instead.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

nat_g31

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:24 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
nat_g31 wrote:

I didnīt show anything... just linked to what Martrex was refering to. So thank him instead.

Okay. . . Thanks Marty! You Douche! Laughing

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
Dream_weaver

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Since I haven't been here that long, I can't give much idea on what happened and what had caused the change. But by browsing past entries I can see that there had been a whole lot more participation in the past. From the time that I have been here though, I do feel that the chat area is lacking. So perhaps that needs to be updated; maybe by adding multiple rooms to cover various interests and topics. Perhaps making the chat java, more streaming or real time as well. The other thing that I noticed is the tutorial section is rather sparse. Maybe with a wider selection of tutorials and to have it updated perhaps weekly or monthly will attract more people and perhaps members with an interest to learn and expand their own ideas. As for me I am not much in here for the prizes and such, so I cant say for sure if that attracts more participation or not. But to be honest though I much prefer the possible friendships that can develop with others that have a similar interest, and their opinions and feedback so that I can better my works from my past experiences here. I've always enjoyed the useful opinions of fellow choppers that will help me develop myself on here as well as in the real world. Anyways those are just some thoughts and ideas to get the ball rolling. Am sure there are a lot of others as well...

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
arcaico wrote:
Martrex wrote:
I think the apple juice post like today with the black swan raises the class level of this site. Shocked Shocked Shocked

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/169574/votes.html

3 days and no mod deleted that?

I think it is a very late post... I figure it will be deleted soon... and the dumbass too...
It was posted today, now deleted

WhimSea

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:15 am   Reply with quote         

so I'm not the only one noticed psc has changed...

i get so thrilled when i see serps, or claf or tadams popping in

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=15206

i noticed the number of entries, number of votes, and just a lack of old familiar, extremely talented, faces.

hopefully it's just time for vacations... i have over 140 hrs of vacation time to use myself! ha!

bigbuck

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:17 am   Reply with quote         

Well I still pop in several times every day....the contests are flat out scraping 20 entries, there's never anything to read in the forums, and NOT ONCE in the last month or so have I seen ANYONE logged in to chat when I was there. I would say that this is the deadest that I have seen PSC since I joined in 2006.

Oscar

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:07 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
Well I still pop in several times every day....the contests are flat out scraping 20 entries, there's never anything to read in the forums, and NOT ONCE in the last month or so have I seen ANYONE logged in to chat when I was there. I would say that this is the deadest that I have seen PSC since I joined in 2006.

Indeed... site is dying slowly. Crying or Very sad

Tesore

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:44 am   Reply with quote         

Rolling Eyes

seamusoisin

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:07 am   Reply with quote         

Spam other sites and spread the word. Kinding of course.

I have never physically told others about this site, yet I know a whole bunch of gifted amateur photographers and wanna be Photoshoppers. So from now on I'm bragging about our site.

I personnaly do not think ownership has anything to do with this and while I don't agree with everything and I have a few pet peeves it does not in anyway effect the extent of my particiation.

Summer, winter, spring or fall also plays little for me, don't know about the rest of you my computers inside. Laughing Laughing

While all the reasons stated above have an effect on this site the one thing that will effect this site, our participation. Offer suggestions be critical but positive. Clean up the site, my personnal perspective is the home page is a jumble of useless info that while we negoiate it, new visitors probably don't know where to go and won't stay. E.g. Events@Photoshopcontest, the last event was 3 months ago, geez Halloween is two months away and we are still listing last years. Put a link Special Contests, end of story. The advantage contest is linked twice. Why?

The last makeover was made IMHO to satisfy all the members, who by the way are still not satisfied and probably never will be and was not designed to capture new members.

How many of the people who have commented on this thread haven't chopped in a month?

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
zorda

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:50 am   Reply with quote         

I had a membership to this site and didn't use it for almost a year.
I found that most of the original photos were uninspiring. To that I might add that at times, it takes a lot to inspire me.

supak0ma

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:07 am   Reply with quote         

shitfaced-book killed many many smaller communities, just like big malls did with many local stores (at least that is what happened in Italy) so i blame that mainly, take a stand and get off of it. btw, there's one more user online on psc, holidays are over... Razz

Dream_weaver

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:24 am   Reply with quote         

I could be wrong in my guess, but it seems that from '06 on up according to the tutorials at least, things started to die down a little from there. Updates seemed fewer in between and so forth that I can tell. Don't know if that is about the right time frame when things started to slow down or not. But could be something to consider and to think about what has changed from the site or around the site from '06 to today...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Has PSC Died ? - Reply to topic