Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Dear Proc, - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Sounds Reasonable?

Yes

73%

73%

[ 14 ]

No

26%

26%

[ 5 ]

Total Votes: 19

blue_lurker

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:46 am   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:

"Blue's right, and you are wrong Anna, a cartoon is no way to remember anyone, especially people like Splodge. And I'm sure as hell not partaking in your crap idea!
No wonder Proc is out of whack with most choppers here, it's because he condones ideas like yours!" That's my 2 cents worth Evil or Very Mad

Hang on there mate back the F off, at least Anna tried to get some thing going. You do not need to be so aggressive so just chill. I understand that a few people here see no good in the site but that is no reason to be aggressive. Yes I did not agree with the cartoon idea but I appreciate that at least anna made the effort to get some thing up and running.

A few of the the more vocal people here should try doing some thing instead of just saying some thing.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:43 am   Reply with quote         

we should really consider re-naming this bitchandmoancontest.com

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:52 am   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
Where are you? Why do we never see you? Why do you disappear at the most inconvenient times? We as a community NEED you. We need improvements, renovations, management! The site is somewhat dying, I know you know that. No one wants to chop at a site that's plummeting downhill! We want something fresh, we want a solution, we want to see this site alive. So maybe I'm hoping for too much, but just listen:
A. Appear once in a while, say some hellos, tell us your plans
B. Hire someone that's PAID that can do site adjustments, fixes and edits!!
C. Sell the site if you can't do any of the above.

I know you won't respond (prove me wrong) but I just hate to my first online community, and one of the friendliest and most diverse die. So please, just stop by, your absence is leaving the community with a sense of insecurity.
We can't fix this ourselves. It's a cycle, if we do fix it, PSC will rise back up for a month maybe, just like when we have H2H's and then fall down again. We need a permanent solution.

Hey,

The simple reason that I have not been on PSC is that I have a job that requires me to go on business trips. All the trade shows are in the summer and since July I've probably been home for about 10 days. This would explain A. I am not justifying, but I think we all understand that I need to make a living as well and I do that by getting a job just like everybody else.
B. I'd love to do this, but there was a large number of people complaining about ads. While they were thinking the money was for personal profits, I was more than willing to re-invest it into the site and see it grow. Since there wasn't much money, some members volunteered to do some programming and did excellent work. However, we all know that that is not a solution in the long run.
C. This might actually be the only solution. When I bought the site, I was not told that I needed to be a programmer to constantly develop it. This I believe is the only problem with PSC. Once changes are made and implemented, the members will come and the mgmt will come as well.

Proc

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:26 am   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:
"Blue's right, and you are wrong Anna, a cartoon is no way to remember anyone, especially people like Splodge. And I'm sure as hell not partaking in your crap idea!
No wonder Proc is out of whack with most choppers here, it's because he condones ideas like yours!" That's my 2 cents worth Evil or Very Mad

Wiz, we all know how your crap contribution on this site is important & maybe mostly appreciated Question, but I have to tell you that it doesn't give you the right to be an asshole and be rude to women... so I have a little image (my turn) for you...

[img]
[/img]

Wink Claf

Oscar

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:

This might actually be the only solution. When I bought the site, I was not told that I needed to be a programmer to constantly develop it. This I believe is the only problem with PSC. Once changes are made and implemented, the members will come and the mgmt will come as well.

Proc

What changes are you talking about, your gonna sell?

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:10 pm   Reply with quote         

No changes to the site, as in coding/programming.

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Typed text, comes off as a rant. Even if written light hearted. Sounds like a rant. Every article, or web page that offers a method of comments, is followed by wise cracking rants. I come every day for a long time now. No success, no flaming, no real issues, I just like to chop. But this was/is one place where jerks didn't ruin everything with endless rants. Wish I could convey that this message itself is not meant to sound as a rant. Free up the sources a little earlier, and I would chop more. Sorry to not afford an advantage membership, but times are tough.
Arguing though gets us nowhere. Tribute day? I didn't know those guys enough to contribute. The magic of the site is seeing the creativity of people using photoshop.
I will try my best to contribute more.(you're all on the edge of your seat for that one, I know)

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Please allow me to thank the owner and all past & present moderators for PSC.
THANK YOU!

I'm finally back home and will need a place to unwind and have fun with Photoshop Contest & maybe become friends with a few people along the way.

I don't really need for anything but the challenge of being at my best at chops ( the string-art butterfly is a tough one) and some tips and instruction from anyone that has an idea about chopping that I haven't figured out yet.

Everything else either belongs on the TV in some cheesy soap opera.....or Facebook.

We ALL are PSC if we're here everyday or once a year, so I'll do my part and shut-up now Wink

annajon

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:34 pm   Reply with quote         

nice to have you back Laredo - and just look at the current entries of the strings butterfly and see if it sparks something off for you.

rockyjob

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
rockyjob wrote:
Where are you? Why do we never see you? Why do you disappear at the most inconvenient times? We as a community NEED you. We need improvements, renovations, management! The site is somewhat dying, I know you know that. No one wants to chop at a site that's plummeting downhill! We want something fresh, we want a solution, we want to see this site alive. So maybe I'm hoping for too much, but just listen:

I know you won't respond (prove me wrong) but I just hate to my first online community, and one of the friendliest and most diverse die. So please, just stop by, your absence is leaving the community with a sense of insecurity.
We can't fix this ourselves. It's a cycle, if we do fix it, PSC will rise back up for a month maybe, just like when we have H2H's and then fall down again. We need a permanent solution.

Hey,

The simple reason that I have not been on PSC is that I have a job that requires me to go on business trips. All the trade shows are in the summer and since July I've probably been home for about 10 days. This would explain A. I am not justifying, but I think we all understand that I need to make a living as well and I do that by getting a job just like everybody else.
B. I'd love to do this, but there was a large number of people complaining about ads. While they were thinking the money was for personal profits, I was more than willing to re-invest it into the site and see it grow. Since there wasn't much money, some members volunteered to do some programming and did excellent work. However, we all know that that is not a solution in the long run.
C. This might actually be the only solution. When I bought the site, I was not told that I needed to be a programmer to constantly develop it. This I believe is the only problem with PSC. Once changes are made and implemented, the members will come and the mgmt will come as well.

Proc

Thanks for responding in a civilized and constructive manner and for the update man thumleft My post got me some answers from Proc and I'm satisfied he popped in to respond, carry on now.

Oscar

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:07 am   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:

good luck keeping this site up and running looking like it was coded 10 years ago. I will also like to add that this ~4 years of using this site only led to me losing eyesight do to the overall use of extremely white background with no remarkable use of colors to contrast. I will send you a bill for my prescription glasses.

ScionShade

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:34 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
Procyon wrote:

good luck keeping this site up and running looking like it was coded 10 years ago. I will also like to add that this ~4 years of using this site only led to me losing eyesight do to the overall use of extremely white background with no remarkable use of colors to contrast. I will send you a bill for my prescription glasses.

Facebook.
PWN.
Finally this part of teh discussion is done. Wink

ScionShade

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:35 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:

That was kinda sexy.
I'm just sayin'

Michel

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
good luck keeping this site up and running looking like it was coded 10 years ago.

I think it's the other way around: the site actually looks pretty modern, for something layed out in TABLES! Argh

cafn8d

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:17 am   Reply with quote         

I had written an e-mail to Proc, but never sent it. It's still in my draft folder. Not that sending it would have done any good.
Procyon wrote:
rockyjob wrote:

Hey,

Proc

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Dear Proc, - Reply to topic