Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Has PSC Died ? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Wiz

Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:42 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
Teej is right, I pop in from time to time, and I watch this place slowly dying, believe me, not a happy feeling.

What do we do about it, that is a damn good question.

I have no intention of returning here in an active chopping way any time soon, and maybe that is the problem for many others too.

While the community is one of the best I know of, the mix and banter is all good. But fundamentally, there are many broken parts to the community and structure of the site.

I know why I cant be bothered any more, I tried hard for PSC for a long time. And this applies to others too. But inevitably, you can only try so hard for so long before you get bored of the shit that goes with it.

Things need to change, and a lot of people feel exactly like I do, just so happens that things essentially wont change as people are stuck in their ways and blind to certain situations.

So until then, I hope it magically improves, but don't hold your breaths guys and gals.

"Had a feeling about your absence, I feel the same way I'm afraid, such is the pity.
Let me know if you find a 'greener' pasture eh, somewhere where we can chew a few magic pixel cuds.

See's ya Marco!

Wiz:)

Sanctuary

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:10 pm   Reply with quote         

we have to destroy facebook to revive this site... they are all hanging there including me.

Alex

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
My challenge is always to find the way to make a creative & nice image from those sources. Dot.

I think what you wanted to say was "Period". You're the second french speaking guy I see mixing things up like that... Sorry. Had to tell you.

Cool

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Alex wrote:
Claf wrote:
My challenge is always to find the way to make a creative & nice image from those sources. Dot.

I think what you wanted to say was "Period". You're the second french speaking guy I see mixing things up like that... Sorry. Had to tell you.

Cool

Oh! You're right! Thanks! salut

WhimSea

Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:16 pm   Reply with quote         

I thought you were talking to Dot! Wink

if you need idea, i usually have more ideas than energy... i'll share ideas with you if you want Claude!

Luxwiz

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:28 am   Reply with quote         

mason4300 (Feb 12, 2007 @ 6:29 pm)
welcome to PSC Procyon. Don't fail us. Razz

comment on this thread:

http://photoshopcontest.com/news/psc-news/2006/welcome-pscs-new-owner.html

Spooky ... mason4300 did you know something we didn´t ?

I´ve been away for quite a while due to other commitments and I have noticed that the site has much less activity and maybe lacks the interest that it had before,and in a way in my abscence I have contributed my grain of sand to this lack of activity or interest.However I dont feel guilty or consider myself to blame,even in a small way for this.I dont think blame is the right word to use in this respect.There are simply certain factors,conditions and responsibilities (or lack of) which are contributing to this downward trend on PSC.Everyone that has input to the site is in some way influential to its overall success or failure.The ownership and management having the ultimate say and financial interest in the site are of course the first to be held responsible (not to blame) for its condition.As I´m sure they are the first to realize the state of their venture.If they do nothing about it,it is due first to the fact that they just dont care and they consider this site a burden,whereby they should consider selling it or putting it in the hands of someone that does care about the wellbeing of this community instead of sitting idly by and watching it sink with the weight of their negative karma.Secondly that they do care but dont know how to correct this situation and again should look for others that can solve this situation,also for the wellbeing of this community AND the wellbeing of their investment.As for the PSC community and artistic contributers,there is no real obligation (though,I do sense many do feel a moral obligation) whatsover on their part to uphold the integrity and wellbeing of PSC.They are free as the wind and will come and go as surely as the tides ebb and flow...All that said,I for one (and I´ve been a member here since 2004) would be terribly sad to see this wonderful lush ocean called PSC,teaming with dynamic creativity,dry up and become a stagnant cesspool devoid of life...My two cents worth...and I´m threatening to be back choppin very soon! Twisted Evil

TheShaman

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:06 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
Teej is right, I pop in from time to time, and I watch this place slowly dying, believe me, not a happy feeling.

What do we do about it, that is a damn good question.

I have no intention of returning here in an active chopping way any time soon, and maybe that is the problem for many others too.

While the community is one of the best I know of, the mix and banter is all good. But fundamentally, there are many broken parts to the community and structure of the site.

I know why I cant be bothered any more, I tried hard for PSC for a long time. And this applies to others too. But inevitably, you can only try so hard for so long before you get bored of the shit that goes with it.

Things need to change, and a lot of people feel exactly like I do, just so happens that things essentially wont change as people are stuck in their ways and blind to certain situations.

So until then, I hope it magically improves, but don't hold your breaths guys and gals.

Ditto to that.

Still contend the site started going downhill the moment prizes were introduced.

Pre-prizes: PSC was a magical place where everyone helped everyone. Rainbows appeared and lollipops fell from the skies. People weren't afraid to comment and give suggestions on how to improve. She was filled with humor and good banter. All the chops may not have been art gallery quality, but they were fun. That to me was important.

Since prizes... PSC has become cold and static. Now everyone just wants to win, and damn anyone who gets in their way... People are more worried about making their chop look like fine art that should hang in a gallery. No one wants to help anymore. If/when they do try, they get questioned for their motives.

I still enjoy most of this community, and I miss a lot of you.
I love the speed chops, cause it gets back to the simpler times.
But the rest of it... Who needs it? I certainly don't.

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Sanctuary wrote:
we have to destroy facebook to revive this site... they are all hanging there including me.

I haven't been on the site but once or twice in a while. If there was a way to "like" or get your friends to vote on your post by linking it to facebook. You could even great a facebook group. I know I would use / look at it more often.

3rian

the burning couch

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok....first...Shaman....I don't pretend to know you and I have nothing against you but you got a mighty "mixed Bag" goin there.
Quote:

Now everyone just wants to win.

REALLY? SERIOUSLY? Well I like to think I'm part of this everyone...and I couldn't really care less about winning and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one of that thinking. Winning (for me)is just a nice little bonus, when it happens. Yeah, yeah yeah there are those that do care about it.....BUT THERE ALWAYS HAS BEEN! Do you really care about that? Ask yourself..."Why do I chop?"...you might feel better about it.
Quote:

People are more worried about making their chop look like fine art that should hang in a gallery.

Jeezuz.... what's wrong with that?!!? Isn't this place supposed to be, in part , about learning and GETTING BETTER at chopping?
I've only been here (on and off) for bout 4 years but as far as I have seen, there have always been the "speed choppers" and the "technical choppers". For myself I love the process of chopping/PS and can be extremely anal about it. I want to do chops that that that "anal retentive" side of me is satisfied with (if that makes any sense). I'm not so good with the speed chopping...I prefer a longer process....and at this sight there has always been room for both kinds of choppers. I like seeing both and think it's necessary to have both. So...in the end...What the hell is wrong with any individual who wants to make his/her chop look like it should be in a museum (WOAH...He/She just may have improved from being here and choppin)....?and most especially if they have the ability to do it fast. Doesn't it improve the look of the site if the front page chop is done well? Hense getting more traffic/members.....more money...possible improvements. See what I'm get'n at? and Yes I know...it aint a perfect world...things dont always pan out...but....
Quote:

No one wants to help anymore.

EXAGERRATION
I've seen plenty of people commenting on entries with advices. Those advices may not always be responded to or followed up, but does that matter?. Deal with it. Why did the individual give the advices out in the first place....for himself?....to help the chopper improve?...both?
Hopefully it was done in order to help improve or simply just to dispense some knowledge that possibly was not already known by that chopper...maybe for future chops....and... once again...I use the word "improvement".
Quote:
If/when they do try, they get questioned for their motives.

Who's THEY? I've never been questioned for my motives. Maybe you should start a poll on that. I'b be curious as to the outcome.
Quote:

I still enjoy most of this community, and I miss a lot of you.

REALLY.....So where are you then?. Seems to me if someone misses someone enough they make an effort to see them and be a part of them.......and not just with a gripe in mind.
Quote:

But the rest of it... Who needs it? I certainly don't.

What's "rest of it"? The drama.....bad feelings?.....fighting?...judging?....and so on and on. Dude...it'a always been here.

So to all those NON CHOPPERS who are BITCH'N 'n' CRY'N about the death of PSC and how much better it was in them old'n days blahdeblahhdeblaaaahhhhhh...frak!.
Ask yourself a couple of questions and you might feel better "Do I even wanna chop anymore?" and If so "Why do I chop?"

I think I'm done for now. Sorry for the read'n...if ya did....that is......folks

*!!*

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:45 pm   Reply with quote         

TBC Sorry I wasn't more clear. I was being general about EVERYONE ok. And I apologize if I've made you angry, that was not my intent. I realize there are many types of chopping and chopping processes. And many types of attitudes here. And people who are willing to help and what not. I WAS one of those every day choppers here for quite sometime. I always was willing to help those who wanted it.

I was basically expressing my feelings of how this place felt (TO ME) before and after the prizes were introduced. I'm not bitch'n or Cryin' about the death of PSC. I really could give a flip if this place dies or not. I've tried to help in the past, BUT there are much more important things than this little piece of the interwebs in my life to worry about. I enjoy the chopping process as much as the next guy. I love presenting my work to the rest of the class, and hope they like it as much as I did. I like getting pointers and tips, hell this place helped me get a promotion at my real job for Pete sake.

So why do I chop? Cause it makes me happy. Haven't had any time to dedicate to THIS site, but I do lurk around nearly every day. I still chop almost every day. I still talk to those I've missed for the most part. I know PSC will never be what it was when I joined, nothing ever stays the same for very long.

But you're right. I'm a dumbass, PSC is just fine. Nothing more to see here.
Rolling Eyes

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:08 pm   Reply with quote         

WhimSea wrote:

if you need idea, i usually have more ideas than energy... i'll share ideas with you if you want Claude!

Haaaaaaa! Great!! Thanks Christy!!! I'll think about it! Very Happy

OK! Now, I can have some ideas... who gonna give me some energy?... Hmmm

the burning couch

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:27 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

But you're right. I'm a dumbass, PSC is just fine. Nothing more to see here.
Rolling Eyes

I never even alluded to that.

Opinions are neither wrong nor right.

It wasn't personal...just felt like throw'n my 2 cents in...and you just happened to be right there.

*!*

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
WhimSea wrote:

Haaaaaaa! Great!! Thanks Christy!!! I'll think about it! Very Happy

OK! Now, I can have some ideas... who gonna give me some energy?... Hmmm

Hey Claf... any of those you don't wanna use...I'll take 'em. Sorry, I don't have any more energy to spare tho. Confused

*!*

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:07 am   Reply with quote         

this thread is boring as hell

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:27 am   Reply with quote         

This thread is too long to read, but the fact that it's this long pretty much tells me the site isn't dead. If the site were dead, no one would have replied right?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Has PSC Died ? - Reply to topic