Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Has PSC Died ? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

TheShaman

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:00 am   Reply with quote         

the burning couch wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

But you're right. I'm a dumbass, PSC is just fine. Nothing more to see here.
Rolling Eyes

I never even alluded to that.

Opinions are neither wrong nor right.

It wasn't personal...just felt like throw'n my 2 cents in...and you just happened to be right there.

*!*

GEE THANKS! You sure made it personal to me.
Next time, how about throwing your money INTO the fountain, and NOT at the guy standing next to it.

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:32 am   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:
This thread is too long to read, but the fact that it's this long pretty much tells me the site isn't dead. If the site were dead, no one would have replied right?

Good one! Maybe this thread has regenerated PSC Wink

Oscar

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:35 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

GEE THANKS! You sure made it personal to me.
Next time, how about throwing your money INTO the fountain, and NOT at the guy standing next to it.

Let's be honest here Sean, which one do you think is funnier?

SERIOUSLY.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:44 am   Reply with quote         

How about The Indian Spiritual Leader and The Flaming Sofa duke it out in Mr. Lurker's CHOPPERDOME

Luxwiz

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:15 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
How about The Indian Spiritual Leader and The Flaming Sofa duke it out in Mr. Lurker's CHOPPERDOME

How very diplomatic of you..I see you have what it takes to be a good mod Cool. BTW Mr. Lurker,what a great idea this chopperdome.

seamusoisin

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
vokaris wrote:

How very diplomatic of you..I see you have what it takes to be a good mod Cool. BTW Mr. Lurker,what a great idea this chopperdome.

Good Mod oxymoron Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
arcaico

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:46 pm   Reply with quote         

the burning couch wrote:
Ok....first...Shaman....I don't pretend to know you and I have nothing against you but you got a mighty "mixed Bag" goin there.
Quote:

Now everyone just wants to win.

REALLY? SERIOUSLY? Well I like to think I'm part of this everyone...and I couldn't really care less about winning and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one of that thinking. Winning (for me)is just a nice little bonus, when it happens. Yeah, yeah yeah there are those that do care about it.....BUT THERE ALWAYS HAS BEEN! Do you really care about that? Ask yourself..."Why do I chop?"...you might feel better about it.
Quote:

People are more worried about making their chop look like fine art that should hang in a gallery.

Jeezuz.... what's wrong with that?!!? Isn't this place supposed to be, in part , about learning and GETTING BETTER at chopping?
I've only been here (on and off) for bout 4 years but as far as I have seen, there have always been the "speed choppers" and the "technical choppers". For myself I love the process of chopping/PS and can be extremely anal about it. I want to do chops that that that "anal retentive" side of me is satisfied with (if that makes any sense). I'm not so good with the speed chopping...I prefer a longer process....and at this sight there has always been room for both kinds of choppers. I like seeing both and think it's necessary to have both. So...in the end...What the hell is wrong with any individual who wants to make his/her chop look like it should be in a museum (WOAH...He/She just may have improved from being here and choppin)....?and most especially if they have the ability to do it fast. Doesn't it improve the look of the site if the front page chop is done well? Hense getting more traffic/members.....more money...possible improvements. See what I'm get'n at? and Yes I know...it aint a perfect world...things dont always pan out...but....
Quote:

No one wants to help anymore.

EXAGERRATION
I've seen plenty of people commenting on entries with advices. Those advices may not always be responded to or followed up, but does that matter?. Deal with it. Why did the individual give the advices out in the first place....for himself?....to help the chopper improve?...both?
Hopefully it was done in order to help improve or simply just to dispense some knowledge that possibly was not already known by that chopper...maybe for future chops....and... once again...I use the word "improvement".
Quote:
If/when they do try, they get questioned for their motives.

Who's THEY? I've never been questioned for my motives. Maybe you should start a poll on that. I'b be curious as to the outcome.
Quote:

I still enjoy most of this community, and I miss a lot of you.

REALLY.....So where are you then?. Seems to me if someone misses someone enough they make an effort to see them and be a part of them.......and not just with a gripe in mind.
Quote:

But the rest of it... Who needs it? I certainly don't.

What's "rest of it"? The drama.....bad feelings?.....fighting?...judging?....and so on and on. Dude...it'a always been here.

So to all those NON CHOPPERS who are BITCH'N 'n' CRY'N about the death of PSC and how much better it was in them old'n days blahdeblahhdeblaaaahhhhhh...frak!.
Ask yourself a couple of questions and you might feel better "Do I even wanna chop anymore?" and If so "Why do I chop?"

I think I'm done for now. Sorry for the read'n...if ya did....that is......folks

*!!*

Where is the Like button?

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Luxwiz

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:13 pm   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:
vokaris wrote:

Good Mod oxymoron Laughing Laughing Laughing

...shite! Sorry Seamus I ment mood God. Laughing

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Reason PSC is dying:
I don't think it was JMH leaving. I think it was partly the implementation of the newest version of this site (which was coincidentally implemented just before ownership changed hands).

The latest version of PSC split up Advantage and Non-Advantage members by isolating them into separate chat rooms. Huge mistake!

Advantage went to 30 days, making it ridiculous in the amount of time a person could work on an image.

However, above all, the real killer to this site is the fact that you have to pay to compete fairly with other members. Advantage is a recipe for losing traffic...pure and simple.

There are too many other Photoshop sites out there to expect newbies to want to pay to participate here. I understand paying for p0rn, but who's going to pay for previewing Photoshop images.

Advantage may have worked before, but in today's market, where everything is free (and supported through advertisement), asking members to pay will inevitably cause less members to join.

PSC is like Classmates.com
What idiot is going to want to pay to join Classmates, when Facebook is offering the same thing (but better) at no cost.

If I were the owner of this site, I would restore PSC to what it was around 2002 to 2004.
Make Advantage a 5 day preview...and make it FREE to everyone.
Generate income strictly from Adsense.
Remove all restrictions from chat...no character limit, everyone can post and view photos.

TheShaman

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:57 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

I wish PSC had that button, and ignore would be useful too.

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:32 pm   Reply with quote         

WhimSea wrote:
forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=32905
• The questioner asking if $100 or so would be a good prize... of course most said it sounded good to them...
However I had to laugh at one responder (Chopster) who said: "I know people who gravitate to those contests for free... just for the recognition (eg. www.photoshopcontest.com).
Even if you made the prize $10 bucks, it would be enough to generate lots of interested choppers."

That was actually me that wrote that! Laughing
My username on the DigitalPoint forums is Chopster.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

Chopper wrote:
restore PSC to what it was around 2002 to 2004.
Make Advantage a 5 day preview...and make it FREE to everyone.
Generate income strictly from Adsense.
Remove all restrictions from chat...no character limit, everyone can post and view photos.

this right here may be the answer, one of the best points I have read on here in ages.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:53 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
arcaico wrote:

FACT AWARD!

ReyRey

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:00 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
arcaico wrote:

FACT AWARD!

(Presses "Ignore" button)

Tesore

Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Has PSC Died ? - Reply to topic