Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Warning: GRAPHIC pic " Lungs for Justine" - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Kansas

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:07 am   Reply with quote         

I was heading to work and was blown away by Justines profile picture on Facebook. This is a picture of her getting a Lung transplant.

I was speechless at first, but then I wanted to photoshop it! lol I saw and upsidown angel.... a ladybug and some other things.

I have to go to work, but the idea popped into my head you guys might have some fun with it.

Here is her FB account.. if you want to follow her story and also here is a caring bridge account. She just got her lungs last Saturday.

http://www.facebook.com/justine

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/newlungsforjustine

She's very kewl... I thought instead of sending her a getwell card... I could send her artwork from you guys.. It would be quite the conversation piece photoshopped pictures of her lungs!

Play along if you want.. other then that it felt good to say hey!

Kansas

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:20 am   Reply with quote         

PS.. Heads up.. If I get enough to make an album I can create a link to our station site. Unless Marcoballistic makes something ... lol Kidding.

www.b98fm.com

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

uhhh..I can't look at those lungs for too long. making me sick. Confused

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:56 pm   Reply with quote         

I guess that's why I thought of you guys. She was so determined to be grateful about her new lungs that she posted pictures. Made me feel a little sick, so I thought how nice if we transformed the intense picture with some beautiful image. I thought we could do that for her. You guys have a way of transforming pictures into spiritual inspirational pieces of art.

If it's too much I understand. It is what it is. Maybe it's just not meant to be.

Sorry if I grossed you guys out.

God bless

Kathy

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Excuse my ignorance but, who is Justine?

Kansas

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:50 pm   Reply with quote         

She's 24 year old who was waiting for a Lung transplant. I took a flip-vid of her 7 months ago asking for folks to sign their donor cards. She lives in Wichita Ks. It's been a amazing journey to watch. She was determined to show people everything involved with getting her new lungs.

The pictures were really intense. She has them on her facebook. I guess in the back of my head I know how creative people are here and I thought it would be kewl if a really awesome piece of artwork could come out of such a hard to look at picture.

As hard as it is to look at this was her miracle.

I just watched the Don LaFontaine Tribute video and felt very proud of PhotoshopContest.com cause during the entire hour video your images were on the backdrop of the theater. The impression you guys made on Don La Fontaine is something he treasured so much that was the first thing people thought of when they wanted to honor him. They thought how do we get these pictures up where everyone can see them.

Justine is just a normal girl who just experienced a miracle and she is documenting her transplant. I'm so out of practice with photoshop I didn't even attempt to do a piece of artwork.

If it's grossing people out to see the picture perhaps I should delete the thread.

For the most part what I bring to you guys works out. The Ben and Jerry thing was kewl... Don La Fontaine outta site..

The only Crash and burn was the flippin' Kirstie Alley deal and she was just such a bitch about it she wouldn't even take half a second to say anything, or sign anything..

So when this came up.. I thought it could be neat. Shoot I was even thinking a great picture could end up in front of a Transplant committee.

However, Maybe I'm on crack and the idea was just weird.

I can delete this like I said.

Maybe I will come up with a better idea in the morning.

LAterz... and Hello Michael!

Kathy

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:15 am   Reply with quote         

Please excuse certain psc people for being douchebags Kathy. You of all people shouldn't have to try this hard.

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi Kathy

I have downloaded the image of the lungs to my computer yesterday, then I went to facebook and signed up as her friend...
She has this image as her facebook avatar and most people are very positive about that. No need to feel wierded out or anything.

I think that it is well worth giving it a try.

anfa

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Smile

Kansas

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Now that's what I'm FLippin' Talkin about!!!

A picture from one of the best Choppers in the World. God bless you Anfa! PERFECTION! Almost made me cry it's sooooo perfect.

Thank you. I was just logging on to delete the thread and there it was.

No words buddy can say how grateful I am. !!

K

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Great stuff Anfa!

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey, it doesn't bother me personally, but you might want to put in a "graphic" tag or something in the headline for those that get queasy by this sort of thing.

As for me, if I can think of anything, I'll try and whip something up. Smile

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:30 pm   Reply with quote         

ok, so it's not a really obvious chop, lots of it isn't even really visible and I used a dozen different sources to make it, but whatever. Sorry for the shoddy work, I don't have my tablet and I had to do it on my laptop.

OMFG I hate photobucket

Say hello to my new friend, ImageShack...

yeah, this didn't really turn out how I wanted...wish I could just upload the image I see in my head directly to the computer...

Post Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:52 pm   Reply with quote         

And now for the low-hanging fruit...

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:14 am   Reply with quote         

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Warning: GRAPHIC pic " Lungs for Justine" - Reply to topic