Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - ummmm okay,,,,, - Reply to topic

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:34 pm   Reply with quote         

I found this in my inbox last night. I left their name out.
Crazy Willie: Elephant (Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:42 am)
Quote message
Hi Willie,
Don't know if you like my comment here, but I'll give it anyway Wink

The black border is not pretty. A bit more work on the prosthesis, light, shadow, to create depth and everyone will appreciate it. These are not ordinary people, these are photoshoppers, they know and see everything. Just copy/past will never pay off.

You have fantasy and funn choppin', that's great. Now work on your skills Razz
Better 1 cool chop for a contest, than 2 half way chops.

A little mouse with a helmet on... would be funny... hahaha Laughing

Go on, go on... you doing well!

And this was a comment on one of my entries by the same person:
Why don't you read your pm's Mr. Willie?

Okay, I got off of work and read it. first off the black border is because of sizing problems I'm having, and the quick fix was this black blank that was the perfect size, I put my picture on it and I know it's the right size.
And secondly (real quick) I've been trying to upgrade, I've downloaded adobe and can't get it to work. I tried gimp the other day and was messing with the perspective on some pics and was getting it. But for some reason clicking on "save as" just wasn't working, so I got rid of it.
And I never though my photos were "offendingly" bad.
I'm not sure that offendingly is a real word, if it's not, it should be.
So sorry if I have been junking up the place, I'll slow down. And please notice that I have been a very active voter, just check the last several contests.
And last quick point, I joined here Dec. 31, and in 23 days, I had 38 entries, so I'm definitely having a good time here.
So until I get the right software, I'll slow it down a bit.

Time to drink some beers and scream yee haw

jasper

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:54 pm   Reply with quote         

LOL @ left Tesore's name out. Willie, I think it was in PM form to spare your feelings a bit? Not sure.

I say go 1000 miles an hour. Who cares - this is a fun site for learning. Criticism just goes with the territory.

Have fun!

annajon

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:58 pm   Reply with quote         

To get rid of the black outline you only have to do one simple thing

Use a blank layer as background, and make the image the required size. Then you can make all the other layers as small as you want and will be able to upload the image with a transparent border, no black line.

Sorry you have so much trouble with the adobe, I use the nr. 7 and am happy with it.

Anna

Tesore

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Just trying to help a little. If you write about me, you can say my name. No prob. I meant well.

I send this as well:

My answer:
Don't get me wrong I just wanna be helpful!!!
Look @ my portfolio... I didn't know a thing about PS, only there where layers, but not what to do with them
You are very welcome, always good to see someone enthousiastic.

Greets, Paola

*Note to myself: live and learn*

Luxwiz

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Willie what's up.Whatever happened with the links I sent you for PS.Are you having problems installing it or using it?PM me anytime you like,more than happy to help.You are doing good.It is actually quite amazing what your coming up with for using that program you told me about.Anyhoot, I really like your sense of humour. Very Happy

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:57 pm   Reply with quote         

jasper wrote:
LOL @ left Tesore's name out. Willie, I think it was in PM form to spare your feelings a bit? Not sure.

I say go 1000 miles an hour. Who cares - this is a fun site for learning. Criticism just goes with the territory.

Have fun!

So true! Whether we take advise or not is up to all of us. There have been more than a handful of people here who have inspired and helped me greatly.

“Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
Hey Willie what's up.Whatever happened with the links I sent you for PS.Are you having problems installing it or using it?PM me anytime you like,more than happy to help.You are doing good.It is actually quite amazing what your coming up with for using that program you told me about.Anyhoot, I really like your sense of humour. Very Happy

Thanks, I am having trouble installing it. I'll pm a few questions your way and see if you can help me out. thanks again.

Sh!Za

Post Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:57 am   Reply with quote         

hey willie!

all what I can do in PS now, I've learned here on PSC! without all the the criticism, suggestions and help I've got in my beginnings, I wouldnt stay here anymore!

to see that u are getting better in photoshop is way better for me than a win! (the development is the goal)

and I think Tesore sent you a private message on purpose, to help you and to protect you for more publish comments Wink
I had written a comment Very Happy Twisted Evil

In future have no fear to contact us, if u have a question!

soo now I have to share out hagens "+1" comments Laughing

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - ummmm okay,,,,, - Reply to topic