Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - So what happened to prizes?? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

TJ

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:20 am   Reply with quote         

charliesou wrote:
I found this after a bit of digging. Looks like the rug's been pulled from under our noses. The last line of the first paragraph should be a clue.
https://flippa.com/122701-photoshopcontest-com-unique-site-over-173k-images-posted-248k-forum-posts

Shocked WTF? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Nice find Charlie!
This should get good now.
Not that it matters, but some kind of word from proc or the mods (if known) would have been nice.

Wonder who's the big cheese now and what do they plan to do with PSC?

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:31 am   Reply with quote         

TJ wrote:
charliesou wrote:
I found this after a bit of digging. Looks like the rug's been pulled from under our noses. The last line of the first paragraph should be a clue.
https://flippa.com/122701-photoshopcontest-com-unique-site-over-173k-images-posted-248k-forum-posts

Shocked WTF? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Nice find Charlie!
This should get good now.
Not that it matters, but some kind of word from proc or the mods (if known) would have been nice.

Wonder who's the big cheese now and what do they plan to do with PSC?

I am the new owner and my first order of business is to go into the database and add some wins to my profile.. Let's see... "INSERT INTO... umm..."

Cool

TJ

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:36 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Add some to mine too. Wink

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:48 am   Reply with quote         

If we reduce size of our avatars from 70x70 to 30x30 pixels, that will provide necessary space for more banners.

Heinlein

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:56 am   Reply with quote         

WOW! It would have been nice to know that the site was up for sale.

Sure would like to know what the new owner's plans are.

Sure makes wonder if I should renew my advantage next month.

Also, does anyone know a way that I can export my entire portfolio to my computer or a flash drive?

Thanks,
Jim

the202
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:56 am   Reply with quote         

Dechene wrote:
a) Sold 3 months ago and no one hears about it?

b) Mods, did you guys even know?

A) That's sorta' how Proc rolls...err...eh...rolled.

B) Yup.

BTW, I can tell you that the Moderators were/are essentially, as in the dark, as everyone else. We were tipped that a sale was pending and asked to keep that information private, which we did. I have heard only one other second-hand bit of information which indicated that the new caretakers seem very enthusiastic about reinvigorating PSC.

I have submitted a request to the powers-that-be to address the user base in some form or fashion, I hope they respond in a timely manner.

nat_g31

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:06 am   Reply with quote         

Nice detective work Scooby! Surely someone knows who the new owner is and how it will change things here. In the meantime until they show their face are we allowed to post nudie booty? Laughing Laughing

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
pakimo

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

We have been bought by..........................Worth1000. Laughing

Actually it is ME. And my agenda:
- Remove all animated gifs.
- Make all contest anon.
- Remove all with cheat-profiles.
- System to remove all the grouped friendly votes.

Be afraid. Yes YOU! Twisted Evil

ReinMan

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:08 am   Reply with quote         

The main reason I quit being a MOD (there were a few but this was the main one) was that PROC did not give a damn about this site, beyond how to invest MINIMUM attention to it, and get MAXIMUM output from it (and the MODs).

I'm glad we have new (even if they are mysterious at this point) owners. They can not care LESS about this site than PROC did. Which, I guess, kinda means they'll care MORE about it. Wink

reindeer

Heinlein

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:15 am   Reply with quote         

Does anyone know how I can get all my images I have in my portfolio downloaded onto a flash drive?

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:16 am   Reply with quote         

Heinlein wrote:
Does anyone know how I can get all my images I have in my portfolio downloaded onto a flash drive?

there's no easy way yet available. Basically it's downloading them each and everyone individually.

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:37 am   Reply with quote         

Yes! Finally a new owner!

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:42 am   Reply with quote         

I think the easiest thing to do at this point is to delete this thread and ban everyone who knows. Haha, just kidding. You can blame Grefix for that joke. ;P

I can't really speak for the new owner as far as what they want to do with the site, but I feel like they are genuinely looking to improve it and have the coding abilities necessary to do so. When the site went down near the end of the second round of the H2H, that was when the site was transferred and, thus far, I feel like it loads noticeably faster, especially on the home page, which is a positive.
ReinMan

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:57 am   Reply with quote         

It is shitty that you MODfolk were asked to keep this a secret (not saying you MODs are shitty, but that it must have been shitty for you to keep this quiet).

This is fairly important news for this site. It really REALLY needs a breath of fresh air.

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:59 am   Reply with quote         

Do you mods know if this person is going to address the community... introduce themselves... etc. ?

I'm not worried about PSC, the site will survive change of ownership as it has before. I'm just curious what's on the horizon. Hopefully, the new owner would see the potential in this community and pour into it so they can make some real money (and make some improvements to the site while they are at it).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - So what happened to prizes?? - Reply to topic