Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "All source" - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Tesore

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
no source day.. check
no externals day.. check

what next.. no contest day?

We're close, I understand Laughing

roger1

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:20 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="billtvshow"]Almost no source: http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/66402/pineapple-painting.htm

This is the least amount of source I've used in an entry. I spent hours on this animation and, well,.....look at the vote count Sad

Lesson learned: It doesn't matter HOW much source is used. It's how EFFECTIVE you are at making it RELEVANT to your entry. Wink

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/169382/crash-landing-gif.html

drybie

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
I honestly don't understand this recurring irritation about "all source" posts. It seems you have a personal dislike for them, others like to do them. "Worth their salt" or not applies to ALL images posted here. It's really very simple: If you think a chop is done well, technically, overall impression and message, then you vote for it. At least that is MY understanding.

I have no irritation with all source posts, I'm irritated my the need to say it. I see that all your images, or nearly all are "all source", I vote for some and not others, like I do with all entries. That's MY point!

anabe

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:21 pm   Reply with quote         

drybie wrote:
Quote:
I honestly don't understand this recurring irritation about "all source" posts. It seems you have a personal dislike for them, others like to do them. "Worth their salt" or not applies to ALL images posted here. It's really very simple: If you think a chop is done well, technically, overall impression and message, then you vote for it. At least that is MY understanding.

I have no irritation with all source posts, I'm irritated my the need to say it. I see that all your images, or nearly all are "all source", I vote for some and not others, like I do with all entries. That's MY point!

Well, maybe you're making more out of it than it is. Some are poo-pooed if they say it, others are when they don't mention the externals. And maybe we should post" figure it out yourself" as to source, externals, brushes etc.
I'm much more irritated by listing the hours one spent on an image, that, to me, looks a lot more like trying to get votes.
FYI, I posted over 1,100 images, and they certainly are not " all or nearly all" all source.

anabe

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:23 pm   Reply with quote         

roger1 wrote:

Lesson learned: It doesn't matter HOW much source is used. It's how EFFECTIVE you are at making it RELEVANT to your entry. Wink

Agreed. Very Happy

drybie

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Well, maybe you're making more out of it than it is. Some are poo-pooed if they say it, others are when they don't mention the externals. And maybe we should post" figure it out yourself" as to source, externals, brushes etc.
I'm much more irritated by listing the hours one spent on an image, that, to me, looks a lot more like trying to get votes.
FYI, I posted over 1,100 images, and they certainly are not " all or nearly all" all source

What's with the FYI? Why are you getting your knickers in a twist?

anabe

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:29 pm   Reply with quote         

drybie wrote:
Quote:
FYI, I posted over 1,100 images, and they certainly are not " all or nearly all" all source

What's with the FYI? Why are you getting your knickers in a twist?

I needed to correct your wrong statement.
Hope that's "allowed". Smile

Cartoon Contractor

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:30 pm   Reply with quote         

anabe wrote:
roger1 wrote:

Agreed. Very Happy

WOW! Shocked Anna Speaks! Shocked
I'm shocked! Shocked

I think this is the first time I've seen a post from you! Laughing Laughing Laughing

drybie

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:35 pm   Reply with quote         

anabe wrote:
I needed to correct your wrong statement.
Hope that's "allowed". Smile

Again with the "allowed"!

It's all love and kisses here, no attitude just opinion.

anabe

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:
anabe wrote:
roger1 wrote:

Agreed. Very Happy

WOW! Shocked Anna Speaks! Shocked
I'm shocked! Shocked

I think this is the first time I've seen a post from you! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm deeply disappointed...you never noticed me... Surprised .
Anyway, just wanted to get my quota in for the year Very Happy and work on another "all source"! Very Happy

ScionShade

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:56 pm   Reply with quote         

I think All Source is just the most fun way to do this thing. Some like making little jiffy animations.
So, for me, an all source that also happens to be a killer chop is teh awzumness.

Totoy

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:36 am   Reply with quote         

I'll eat what I said! I'll put "All Source" again in my entry! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Tesore

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:06 am   Reply with quote         

@ drybie: did you ever made an all source image???

drybie

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:30 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
@ drybie: did you ever made an all source image???

Have I ever made an all source image? Look at my limited portfolio and you'll see the answer. If I ever have the time, inspiration and need then I might. But I'll make one just for you.

Tesore

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:31 am   Reply with quote         

Oké, cool!
Chop first, talk later.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "All source" - Reply to topic