Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - So what happened to prizes?? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Heinlein

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:00 pm   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
I think the easiest thing to do at this point is to delete this thread and ban everyone who knows. Haha, just kidding. You can blame Grefix for that joke. ;P

I can't really speak for the new owner as far as what they want to do with the site, but I feel like they are genuinely looking to improve it and have the coding abilities necessary to do so. When the site went down near the end of the second round of the H2H, that was when the site was transferred and, thus far, I feel like it loads noticeably faster, especially on the home page, which is a positive.

Yes, I do agree the site is way faster.

seamusoisin

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

What a star, like a school teacher in July....no class.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
annajon

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:37 pm   Reply with quote         

curious though.... the emails from the site to give attention to replies etc still come from Emmanuel Eichler......

Cartoon Contractor

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:23 pm   Reply with quote         

I smell a price increase! Laughing Laughing Just joking! Very Happy

Will the REAL owner please stand up! Laughing

We DEMAND to know who we are sending our money too! scratch

GuidedByPandas

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:
I smell a price increase! Laughing Laughing Just joking! Very Happy

Will the REAL owner please stand up! Laughing

We DEMAND to know who we are sending our money too! scratch

I also did some research... I like to know who I'm doing business with (I was gifted Advantage so I did this for my sponsor). Here is the results: http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx?Domain=PHOTOSHOPCONTEST.COM.

Know anything about Six Sigma? I do. They offer Six Sigma Master Black Belt "certification" for $199. As if. That told me all I needed to know about legitimacy (before I found the Guide).

PhotoshopContest.com was a great site; there was and still is a boatload of talent here. You have a unique group - a family with some members that have been playing together for 3-4-5-6+ years. That is special.

I am sad about this change. As mediocre as I am, I really don't want to contribute my pics to "...the collection of ...173,000 unique digital images that could be used in product sales." As Procyon quotes in his revenue potential selling point. anfa was right - you did make Procyon rich.

But this news has also helped me regain focus. The last few months, I've been an absentee owner of a small community site. Since I seem to be one of the few folk doing it for the love of Photoshop and NOT for the money, I'm going home to continue building my site. I'm not spamming you, I'm not selling you on it - I never even posted the site in my profile. I came here to improve my skills, not to recruit. If you are interested, Google my name and you'll figure it out. If not interested, that's OK too.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope this all turns out for the good. Maybe this company is priming the site to be sold to a group better aligned to the content. You all deserve something good.

Thanks for the fun while it lasted. Goodbye and good luck!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Although our new owners haven't decided to make an announcement yet (as I'm sure they're still getting a feel of the site)...expertrating also offers Photoshop Certification.

I hope to one day be this proficent in ps. Wink

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Shocked My head is spinning!

I think... I think...

I may actually start chopping again! Very Happy

..wait... what am I saying? I have to pack and move to our new house first... THEN I'll chop again! Laughing

ScionShade

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:47 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
I won the first prize here(ipod shuffle) which was cool but then I won the first and only "MEGA Prize"(Acer Laptop).
Who can remember the Mega Prize????
I, like a lot of people will produce better work if there is a carrot dangled in front of us.
We should all get paid for making Proc richer!

I won the iPod shuffle too, but I think you won it in actual contest and I won the first..and I think last...monthly raffle thingy. Didn't that Acer blow up?

ScionShade

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:50 pm   Reply with quote         

the202 wrote:
Dechene wrote:
a) Sold 3 months ago and no one hears about it?

b) Mods, did you guys even know?

A) That's sorta' how Proc rolls...err...eh...rolled.

B) Yup.

There goes my theory that one of 'us' bought it...but then again...31K??? It value maxes out at 9k. These guys buying websites get a lil' outta control with that biding thing.

Tad

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Potential is 1 thing, but at that price and the monthly income....return on the investment is over 4 years. No one would buy a site that has that long of a return without serious changes coming or the ability to flip it fast for a profit.

It's sad that there is a "News" tab up top....and it was never red regarding this.

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Dechene wrote:
Sold at Public Auction
$31,500
Bidding History: 25 bids
Started:
4 months ago
Completed:
3 months ago

Did this get mentioned anywhere else?
Sold 3 months ago and no one hears about it?
Mods, did you guys even know?
some knew a while ago. They passed the info on to dev team with the request that we keep it quiet and let the new owners announce it. So we didn't share the news. The new owners did email me as a courtesy after I expressed concern. They have some good ideas for PSC's future. The sky is not falling. It's just being reorganized. They know, and respect, that this is a community. This could be a good thing as long as we all embrace it openly. Cool

ElectronChaser

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:58 pm   Reply with quote         

I seem to be looking at this with total apathy. It is what it is...now it's time to chop.

Hopefully not too bad of a way to look at it. Cool

ReinMan

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:40 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Dechene wrote:
Sold at Public Auction
$31,500
Started:
4 months ago
Completed:
3 months ago

some knew a while ago. They passed the info on to dev team with the request that we keep it quiet and let the new owners announce it. So we didn't share the news. The new owners did email me as a courtesy after I expressed concern. They have some good ideas for PSC's future. The sky is not falling. It's just being reorganized. They know, and respect, that this is a community. This could be a good thing as long as we all embrace it openly. Cool

The fact that their first "choice of business" here was deciding to keep it secret... well, that doesn't bode so well... in my books. Sad, actually. Razz

TJ

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:49 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:
Dechene wrote:
Sold at Public Auction
$31,500
Started:
4 months ago
Completed:
3 months ago

The fact that their first "choice of business" here was deciding to keep it secret... well, that doesn't bode so well... in my books. Sad, actually. Razz

Without a doubt........ agree 110%

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:05 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:

Well, actually Proc asked us to keep it quiet. The new owners I'm sure plan to make some very good improvements to the site. Let's give them some time and like someone else stated, "This could be a good thing as long as we all embrace it openly."
reindeer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - So what happened to prizes?? - Reply to topic