Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Hey Bill, - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ReyRey

Location: In a world of $#!t

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         


Goat1981 wrote:


It would be interesting to see what Claude says about all of this. Laughing

I'm sure it will be Mediocre. Laughing Razz




_________________
I try to think, but nothing happens.
Splodge..you rock!! Wherever you are.
I keep checking the obituaries to see if my name is there. If it's not, then I figure I'm ok.
anfa

Location: Geordieland, UK

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:30 pm   Reply with quote         


Hmm, this thread isn't as funny as the "supak0ma's balls" thread, but still funny all the same! Wink Laughing




_________________

Alex

Location: Montreal

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:32 pm   Reply with quote         


anfa wrote:
Hmm, this thread isn't as funny as the "supak0ma's balls" thread, but still funny all the same! Wink Laughing


I'm doing my best to entertain and to impress the new owners...
Cool

Am I overdoing it?




_________________
anfa's signature back-up.

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:35 pm   Reply with quote         


I didn't know my boring umbrella would have such a negative impact! Laughing

Sometimes I underestimate my creativity! Surprised



I'll be back later for some comments! clown




_________________

Trann

Location: Canadian Prairies, eh?

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:57 pm   Reply with quote         


Alex wrote:
I'm not against good ideas or better ideas. I'm just saying there are ways to tell people things. I wonder how bill would've react if he had worked 32 hours on a chop (it was his average back in the days) and he was being told by 102 people his idea was "mediocre". You just need to say "I prefer this idea", "this idea works better for me", "this is more creative" and why... instead of saying "other idea is mediocre". Just my 2 cents.

The problem with telling people things in certain "ways" is that the message often gets wrapped up in niceties and couched against hurting feelings, losing its importance.

Goat1981 wrote:
People are getting way too sensitive to criticism. I've seen it myself here, and in my years of studying music... Everyone just wants to be complimented all the time.

I agree.

I want to be told an unvarnished truth. Tell me what you really think. It's all well and good to give high praise but if it's "mediocre" or "crap", at least tell me why: do that, and I learn from it.

I take some pride in my work but even if every single person voted against me in an H2H, I would not be offended. People have opinions, they're welcome to them, and I can choose to agree or disagree with them or even simply accept things and move on. There's little reason to argue the matter.

I would hope someone can see the difference between constructive and outright criticism.

If not, they may be investing too much of their self worth into these chops.




_________________

ReyRey

Location: In a world of $#!t

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:40 pm   Reply with quote         


I agree with ReyRey




_________________
I try to think, but nothing happens.
Splodge..you rock!! Wherever you are.
I keep checking the obituaries to see if my name is there. If it's not, then I figure I'm ok.
Alex

Location: Montreal

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         


ReyRey wrote:
I agree with Alex


Thanks.




_________________
anfa's signature back-up.

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:17 pm   Reply with quote         


Alex comment about my chop: Idea is amazing...

Bill's: ...but mediocre idea...

Just opposite points of view! Laughing
But sincerely I was OK with Bill's comment.
Bill is most of the time right, he has a very good eye, and generally a good idea of ​​what is good or not.

I don't like my image. It was my first idea. I started to try to find some better ideas monday morning. Tuesday 10PM, still didn't find something good... just boring ideas, too abstract, too complex for such a short time, or can't find good externals to fit with some ideas.
I just came back with the first one. In fact, what you see was supposed to be only the background, I wanted to add a character like a coffee bean with beach hat & sunglasses, drinking an iced coffee. Or a small animal like rat, or lovebird, or lizard... with all the beach accessories. Hard and unsuccessful research of externals on google, and finally no more time left...
In fact, this happened at every rounds of this H2H. I wasn't enough comfortable with the sources considering having just a couple of days.
So, sorry to make some good friends disappointed!




_________________

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:21 pm   Reply with quote         


ReyRey wrote:
I was disappointed with Claf's entry too. Only because I love his talent and I was really pushing for him to go all the way. He deserves it. He just choked on the idea and the type on his image really killed his image for me. He struggled with the idea part. I sent him a message that read. "Dude!! Really??!!"
I was sad...

I don't like to have pressure! You gave me some pressure (your first message, you remember?), so that's what you deserved!! Twisted Evil Laughing




_________________

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:22 pm   Reply with quote         


TofuTheGreat wrote:
Wait.... weaker entry idea, text calls out that it's time for a break......Claude threw the match! Laughing

You got it! Laughing




_________________

Eve
Site Moderator

Location: Planet Earth

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:04 pm   Reply with quote         


I voted for Claf...so
I'M RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG
I'M SMART, YOU'RE DUM

I....I....I lost in Round 1 Doh!

wait! What's the debate?

Love your sig Claf.




_________________
If your going to walk on thin ice, you may as well dance!
billtvshow
Site Moderator

Location: North Carolina

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:27 pm   Reply with quote         


Claf wrote:
In fact, what you see was supposed to be only the background, I wanted to add a character like a coffee bean with beach hat & sunglasses, drinking an iced coffee. Or a small animal like rat, or lovebird, or lizard... with all the beach accessories. Hard and unsuccessful research of externals on google, and finally no more time left...


That's exactly the kind of extension of the idea that was missing. In fact that may be the new phrasing I need to use: The idea isn't necessarily bad, but the source usage / effort needed to be extended a bit farther. I'm sorry you didn't have time to do it man, you know I've always sent you letters of support and donated money to charities in your name and such. Wink
ReyRey

Location: In a world of $#!t

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:45 pm   Reply with quote         


I was going to vote for Claf but I couldn't find the button that said "Best Background!" Laughing Cool
You're still a king in my book Clafster. Wink




_________________
I try to think, but nothing happens.
Splodge..you rock!! Wherever you are.
I keep checking the obituaries to see if my name is there. If it's not, then I figure I'm ok.
Alex

Location: Montreal

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:52 pm   Reply with quote         


Claf wrote:
I don't like my image. It was my first idea. I started to try to find some better ideas monday morning. Tuesday 10PM, still didn't find something good... just boring ideas, too abstract, too complex for such a short time, or can't find good externals to fit with some ideas.
I just came back with the first one. In fact, what you see was supposed to be only the background, I wanted to add a character like a coffee bean with beach hat & sunglasses, drinking an iced coffee. Or a small animal like rat, or lovebird, or lizard... with all the beach accessories. Hard and unsuccessful research of externals on google, and finally no more time left...
In fact, this happened at every rounds of this H2H. I wasn't enough comfortable with the sources considering having just a couple of days.
So, sorry to make some good friends disappointed!


You just sumed everything I've been trying to say. We should watch our mouths. Thinks twice. Choose our words carefully in the comments. Be respectful at least, because we don't know all the work and research behind anyone's chop. We don't know either how much time choper had to do it that specific week. Idea being called mediocre (when it was a pretty good chop) was unfair. It's not about trying to please Claf or anyone else in comments, it's just common sense to be respectful.

If Bill thinks he helped Claf's progession as a chopper with those words, good for him. I think not. Claf did the best he could with the time he had.

Now I'm out.




_________________
anfa's signature back-up.
Rangizzz

Location: Masurian Lake District

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:02 pm   Reply with quote         


I kinda agree with Alex. I felt a bit ashamed when I read in the comments "I like yours, the other one sucks" or something like that but happend couple times so far Smile Not my words but felt a little bit faux pas. "I like this one better" would be enough IMO.
Anyway I think Abraham did the best chop of the round and it goes straight into my favs Smile




Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Hey Bill, - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.