Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A bit let down - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

GypsyNicks

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I enjoy posting my pictures. Sure I'm not a member. Sure my chops aren't the greatest. But how can anyone compete when you have a group of people that keep voting for the same user, time and time again? Just because they make themselves known to all. I have seen some amazing chops get low votes. What's going on here? Doesn't really give others incentive to even try. Rolling Eyes

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:56 pm   Reply with quote         

GypsyNicks wrote:
I enjoy posting my pictures. Sure I'm not a member. Sure my chops aren't the greatest. But how can anyone compete when you have a group of people that keep voting for the same user, time and time again? Just because they make themselves known to all. I have seen some amazing chops get low votes. What's going on here? Doesn't really give others incentive to even try. Rolling Eyes

This is what i thought when i first started here (not very long ago). Then one day either my chops are getting a lot better or people are voting out of kindness because they feel sorry.

I think you just have to adjust to the site i seem to be getting comfortable here.

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:57 am   Reply with quote         

At first i was paranoid too (as always)...but there is a simple fact: if you think there is a group of people that holding you down just because they know each other and want to score another win, you can always try to post images in anonymous contests. If you have small number of votes again, there is only a two possible reasons:
1.You posted your image to late (so people don't have enough time to vote for it)
2.Your chop was not that good Confused

Second thing - you ARE a member, just not Advantage one.
I managed to win several times without advantage membership (and I'm not pro or famous).

My Advantage membership is a kind gesture of anonymous member and answer to my lamentation about editing my posts and living in BS country without PayPal.
That gesture blown away all my doubts about this place and fill my black ticker with long forgotten feeling of unconditional kindness.

And I am grateful.

It cant be cloudy all the time Wink

seamusoisin

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:18 am   Reply with quote         

There is no great conspiracy here. You have been a member here for 13 months and have 43 entries and one post. That's not even 1 chop a week and your first time you post in 13 months complains that you have no chance because people are voting for their friends.

Start chopping, learn, improve and mostly have fun.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
YerPalAl

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:51 am   Reply with quote         

What seamusoisin said.

I felt the same way at first. But I look back at my early stuff now and can see that not only was I posting too late to score votes, my stuff really wasn't all that great.

You want votes? Chop. Learn. Ask questions and find out techniques. But most of all chop.

kinetic_be

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:57 am   Reply with quote         

There's been a numerous of topics about this.
When I started here, I felt the same aswell. So I made a topic about it and I got some serious critic, but also reactions and pm's of people who felt the same.
I recone that my post was a little bit more harsh and I stepped on many toes.. Hell, I even left PSC because I got pissed about it Laughing

I think you are partly right.
I agree that some people here do get more votes than they should get, but basicly if your work is good and you post it in time, you score well.
As others said, thursdays are anonymous and in those contests, you get a pretty good idea where you stand.

It's also important to know that your skill of Photoshop makes you vote different as if you were new to Photoshop.
If you developped some skills by now, you see the amount of work that went into a chop. You recognises techniques and you value a chop by the work and time that went into it along with the outcome.

GypsyNicks

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Woooo...I wasn't talking about my chops. I'm not even close to being in the same league as you guys.And yes, I don't post as much as I'd like. I'm a single mom and work full time. When I do post it's when I get a little time and I do it because I LOVE to chop. Not for wins. I was talking about other's chops that are so great and get so little votes. I think I even said other's in my original post! I will continue to chop and not worry who votes are going to from now on okay?

YerPalAl

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:00 pm   Reply with quote         

We just want ya to have fun. That's all. Very Happy

ReinMan

Post Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:00 am   Reply with quote         

Don't listen to Alan.
He LIVES ON A BOAT!
He can't help but have FUN!!

The rest of us, trapped here on this land-locked mud-ball of a world? Hah! We're lucky if we see a bit of fun once or twice a month.

Oh. This is not the FIGHTING THREAD??

Embarassed

Never mind. Go ahead. Have fun.

drunken

Showcase

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:23 am   Reply with quote         

I want to say, Gypsy, I had the same problem!
suggestion...have you thought about buying votes?
I remember, through tenacity and a great many payoffs, I was able to secure a few top 30 finishes! WHOO! go me! Give it some thought...

...well...it wasn't so much the payoffs but more about my winning charm and shit! I'm like a lovable panda bear! its true.

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:30 am   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:
I want to say, Gypsy, I had the same problem!
suggestion...have you thought about buying votes?
I remember, through tenacity and a great many payoffs, I was able to secure a few top 30 finishes! WHOO! go me! Give it some thought...

...well...it wasn't so much the payoffs but more about my winning charm and shit! I'm like a lovable panda bear! its true.

I voted for you for free but you can still send me money anyway. Laughing

Be my assbook friend
YerPalAl

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:39 am   Reply with quote         

. . . . . it wasn't that much money. Confused

CarlC

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:16 am   Reply with quote         

Now you know the origins of JGG posts, I am a long time contributor here, and have little voting success. I post what I like. My opinions of best chop rarely win.
I have come to realize what I think is good in not the general concensus, and have accepted that. Things have calmed down a lot here. It used to be brutal with flaming, and comment wars galore. If you seek out Anfa's lizard boots post, you'll see one of the reasons this site attracts me. and many other artists who have come here. Shaman, Marco, Cafn8d etc I hope that helps. Smile

seamusoisin

Post Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:54 am   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
. . . . . it wasn't that much money. Confused

Apparently enough to buy a boat. Laughing Surprised

Be my assbook friend
Hagen

Post Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:29 am   Reply with quote         

I have personnaly always voted for the chops I thought were worth voting for them no matter who made them Smile...!

I am mostly behaving as if I was voting for anonymous chops...! The only thing I look at is the artwork on the left of the screen...! If it does appeal to me, I vote for it...! If not, you will surely have another chance to get one of my "+1" Laughing...!

I believe everyone should actually behave in such a way Wink...!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A bit let down - Reply to topic