Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Anonymous Contest Change - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:11 am   Reply with quote         


See PSC News announcement about upcoming changes in the anonymous contests format. Feel free to discuss.

http://photoshopcontest.com/news/psc-news/2155/anonymous-contest-change.html




kinetic_be

Location: Belgium

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:49 am   Reply with quote         


I find it a very nice change. It will bring more excitement to the contests.




arcaico

Location: Brazil

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:14 pm   Reply with quote         


I'll post here what I posted there, and add Tommeken's comment as well...

Tommeken (Sep 14, 2011 @ 10:47 am)
looks cool ..but wouldn't it be better if ya can't see entry vote totals ..in that way some people actually have to vote on what's good and not on what got the most votes cause i tink that happens to Wink otherwise cool idea Smile

arcaico (Sep 14, 2011 @ 12:08 pm)
Tom... one of the great deals in the original format is exactly that: to follow the race. If you see an entry on top that doesn't deserve, you don't vote for it so it gets pulled behind the good ones. If you don't see the votes, you might give that crappy entry an encouragement vote, as many here like to call, and that entry might end up better than one that really deserved. It happened a lot in the old days... a crappy entry got the 1st place in the first few hours of contest... but by the end of the day, it was in page 2 already.

@supak, gref and the tvguy: implement that damn thing for all contests. You three know it worked fine and much better than any format previously used at psc.




_________________


TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:30 am   Reply with quote         


BUMP

To recap from the News Announcement:
changes in Thursday's Anonymous Contests format include:

Each user (including authors):

- CAN see votes & vote comments;
- CAN see comments;
- CAN see entry vote totals;
- CAN sort by vote total;

- CAN'T see voter or commenter identities (except for their own);
- CAN'T see author identities (except for their own)

In other words, it is identical to a daily non-anonymous contest, except that the author and voter/commenter identities are hidden until the end of the contest.




supak0ma

Location: Photoshop Nation

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:30 am   Reply with quote         


arcaico wrote:
I'll post here what I posted there, and add Tommeken's comment as well...

Tommeken (Sep 14, 2011 @ 10:47 am)
looks cool ..but wouldn't it be better if ya can't see entry vote totals ..in that way some people actually have to vote on what's good and not on what got the most votes cause i tink that happens to Wink otherwise cool idea Smile

arcaico (Sep 14, 2011 @ 12:08 pm)
Tom... one of the great deals in the original format is exactly that: to follow the race. If you see an entry on top that doesn't deserve, you don't vote for it so it gets pulled behind the good ones. If you don't see the votes, you might give that crappy entry an encouragement vote, as many here like to call, and that entry might end up better than one that really deserved. It happened a lot in the old days... a crappy entry got the 1st place in the first few hours of contest... but by the end of the day, it was in page 2 already.

@supak, gref and the tvguy: implement that damn thing for all contests. You three know it worked fine and much better than any format previously used at psc.


dude i agree i'd do it every day, i'm just a dev with no tool Razz




Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:24 am   Reply with quote         


A slight error had slipped into the anonymous contest change.

At start, the author could see the identities of the voters. This was not the intended behaviour. This is fixed now (so no-one can see any identity except for his own)




_________________
I used to do stuff around here
Alex

Location: Montreal

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:33 pm   Reply with quote         


Why I sometimes see the identity and sometimes not (ex: Bill's comment on the leading entry) ? You guys are actually working with the code today? Seems like I'm not the only one with that glitch since Vok has been identified in the comments.




_________________
anfa's signature back-up.

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:49 pm   Reply with quote         


Alex wrote:
Why I sometimes see the identity and sometimes not (ex: Bill's comment on the leading entry) ? You guys are actually working with the code today? Seems like I'm not the only one with that glitch since Vok has been identified in the comments.

did that happen after my post?




_________________
I used to do stuff around here
Alex

Location: Montreal

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:44 pm   Reply with quote         


Way after. Your post was at 8:24. It happened right before mine at 11:30.

(But it seems to be ok now...)




_________________
anfa's signature back-up.
Alex

Location: Montreal

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:35 pm   Reply with quote         


Problem is back.





_________________
anfa's signature back-up.

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:39 pm   Reply with quote         


Alex wrote:
Problem is back.


got it, figured out what causes it .. still need to fix it though. Thanks for the update




_________________
I used to do stuff around here
Alex

Location: Montreal

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:58 pm   Reply with quote         


Ok. The thumbnails are back.
But we still can see the commenters...

BTW Arc, you're pathetic with your second comment on your own chop.





_________________
anfa's signature back-up.
arcaico

Location: Brazil

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:15 pm   Reply with quote         


Alex wrote:
Ok. The thumbnails are back.
But we still can see the commenters...

BTW Arc, you're pathetic with your second comment on your own chop.



See gref... your lack of knowledge in programming is ruining the fun...

and Alex... you're not supposed to break the anonimity state of the contest. Shame on you.




_________________


TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Alex

Location: Montreal

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:34 pm   Reply with quote         


arcaico wrote:
and Alex... you're not supposed to break the anonimity state of the contest. Shame on you.


Shame on ME ????



Thanks, eve... I mean... voter #3...
Thanks sacredbunny... I mean... voter #5...

- arcaico




_________________
anfa's signature back-up.

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:00 pm   Reply with quote         


well anyway, problem is fixed now... sigh

apparently it showed up when not logged in




_________________
I used to do stuff around here

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Anonymous Contest Change - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.