Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Lack of!!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Micose

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:45 pm   Reply with quote         

whta i like in PSC is it diversity... but i assure u there is a strong base that once was created by skilled choppers, me i contribute to put some random shit into it -im joking u guessed that?!- and WE WILL BE REMEMBERED Laughing
nah seriously PSC forms the best choppers, its prooved (proven?) so keep register please afro elephant brilsmurf
ElectronChaser

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:30 am   Reply with quote         

Sleepyeyed wrote:
Don't just chop to win, chop because you love doing it. That's the reason you signed up in the first place isn't it?

That's the most sensible thing I have read all day.

Personally I like it here. My recent lack of participation is simply due to time.

I can imagine that some who read this will think that my skill level (or lack of it) puts me into the category of crappy shoppers, but that's okay. I follow the advice above.

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:21 am   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
.... just say YEAH NAIKO...will be ok. Embarassed Cool

YEAH NAIKO!

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Meta Version wrote:
My beef isn't with any of the newbies at PSC, but it's with a couple of oldies, who've unfortunately bothered to post their bullshit via this thread!

Some of you door knobs really think you're shit-hot, don't you? Yes, YOU know who YOU are. I'm talking to YOU. I've looked at your profiles/chops and noticed when YOU actually joined PSC. I gotta tell ya - after spending that much time here and chopping - your work ain't s***! After using PS or hanging out at this site for that long, your work should be better, MUCH, MUCH better. It's not shit-hot, FAR, FAR from it, actually.

I spent approx two months, chopping at PSC, and the very max time on any of my chops/gifs was 1hr 30m. The average being 40-50 mins. I always chopped on the fly and created the first thing that came-to-mind. Even then, on the whole, my stuff was pretty okay. Especially for a newbie. If I even bothered to spend a few more hours on a chop, then I could easily kick your old-timing asses. That's only after a couple of months @ PSC. BUT - if I'd been here a few years, like a couple of YOU, then I'd be more than capable of burying YOU into the f****** ground. Quite literally. No questions asked.

Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow Bow
Is this guy serious??? Sounds like he should give up photoshop and take up professional wrestling - LOL!! Hmmm

Zoeon

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:21 pm   Reply with quote         

There will be always be a discusion about votings, prices,etc
I think there are two groups, people who shop for funn and try to learn, people who want to win but also like to shop.
It's easy to attack others on there ideas or opinion, it's easy to be negative.
The soul of PSC has to be a site for people who want to express there selfs on their own way, some take positive criticism, some don't, thats all in the game.
Sometimes i see a chop scoring high and think OMG, this chop isn't the best, lots of faults in it, but hey when the majority feels or thinks this is good so let it be, even when it are friendvotes or just leck of knowledge votes.
So enjoy this site, can you imagine if this site is gone tomorrow? where would you go?
So relax and enjoy
greetings zoeon
ps sorry about my bad writings in englisch Very Happy

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Meta Version wrote:
My beef isn't with any of the newbies at PSC, but it's with a couple of oldies, who've unfortunately bothered to post their bullshit via this thread!

Some of you door knobs really think you're shit-hot, don't you? Yes, YOU know who YOU are. I'm talking to YOU. I've looked at your profiles/chops and noticed when YOU actually joined PSC. I gotta tell ya - after spending that much time here and chopping - your work ain't s***! After using PS or hanging out at this site for that long, your work should be better, MUCH, MUCH better. It's not shit-hot, FAR, FAR from it, actually.

I spent approx two months, chopping at PSC, and the very max time on any of my chops/gifs was 1hr 30m. The average being 40-50 mins. I always chopped on the fly and created the first thing that came-to-mind. Even then, on the whole, my stuff was pretty okay. Especially for a newbie. If I even bothered to spend a few more hours on a chop, then I could easily kick your old-timing asses. That's only after a couple of months @ PSC. BUT - if I'd been here a few years, like a couple of YOU, then I'd be more than capable of burying YOU into the f****** ground. Quite literally. No questions asked.

I'm just glad that I decided to quit chopping at PSC. It was due to: tactical voting, investigative oldies, and a slew of shit source imagery. All I do now is - chop everyday, via my OWN rules; via my OWN creativity; via my OWN self. And it frickin rules.

Remember - Some of the newbies, that some of you oldies are looking down on today, will be capable of PSCing on you, in the near future. And it won't take them that long.

This place is more about territory than actual skill or chopping. And you're very welcome to it. Congrats.

Over and Out.

Meta Version's Portfolio
This user hasn't posted any contest entries yet or they are hidden.

As we say at PSC...

STFUAC.

Coming from someone who has a total of ZERO chops your contribution to this thread is null and void.

Good day, sir.

Micose

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
Micose wrote:
.... just say YEAH NAIKO...will be ok. Embarassed Cool

YEAH NAIKO!

Voila ! merci ! Laughing
vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:05 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
Meta Version's Portfolio

As we say at PSC...

STFUAC.

Coming from someone who has a total of ZERO chops your contribution to this thread is null and void.

Good day, sir.
I'm not sure what you're seeing. I see Meta Version Joined 09 July 2011, Entries posted 30, Total votes 487, etc. etc.
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=284683
http://photoshopcontest.com/portfolio/284683/index.html

recent winning entry
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/179031/stakeout.html

Designed2522

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Meta Version wrote:

I'm just glad that I decided to quit chopping at PSC. It was due to: tactical voting, investigative oldies, and a slew of shit source imagery. All I do now is - chop everyday, via my OWN rules; via my OWN creativity; via my OWN self. And it frickin rules.

Remember - Some of the newbies, that some of you oldies are looking down on today, will be capable of PSCing on you, in the near future. And it won't take them that long.

This place is more about territory than actual skill or chopping. And you're very welcome to it. Congrats.

Over and Out.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Oh snap.... is this fruitcake for real....... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Meta Version

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Is this guy serious??? Sounds like he should give up photoshop and take up professional wrestling

Quote:
Oh snap.... is this fruitcake for real.......

Wrestler Shocked Fruitcake Shocked

Please don't take my words to heart, 'cause I sure don't. Words; that's all they are. Just words. Quite funny to get some responses, though.

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:33 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
digitalpharaoh wrote:
Meta Version's Portfolio

As we say at PSC...

STFUAC.

Good day, sir.
I'm not sure what you're seeing. I see Meta Version Joined 09 July 2011, Entries posted 30, Total votes 487, etc. etc.
Thats because mod's can see hidden entries

I agree on STFUAC though, but that counts for everyone

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:40 pm   Reply with quote         

What went wrong Meta, you were doing pretty good.
I recognise myself, 4 years ago.. I got here, felt happy and enjoyed myself, learned stuff, tried real hard to bring a decent chop, but in those days, there were about 5 to 10 big shots participating, at least... and then, I finally had my first win... my second, and I started to get an annoying attitude.
Why? I'm not sure.. I started to take things too serious and felt like PSC was my only reference to Photoshop, so if things didn't go the way I wanted here, I freaked out Laughing

These days, I might still give my opinion about the website and give some feedback, but I couldn't care less what happens to my entries. I use Photoshop outside PSC now, even in my work and on other contest-websites and I'm pretty happy with that.

I got a nearly 6 months old daughter and whenever I feel like "I should" have had more votes, or "that image sucks, how the hell did it win", I just look at her and think to myself: what the heck am I doing, there's way more important things in my life going on than the PSC voting-system Smile

Just use Photoshop more outside PSC.. If you like your own work and put a lot of effort in them, it's nice to get rewards or feedback. Seeking feedback here only, is just not the way to do it.
And no matter how this place pissed me off in the past, or confuses me from time to time, if I didn't visit this website, I probably never get to know Photoshop and would sure have missed out on a lot of nice things.

Micose

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:47 pm   Reply with quote         

ok i know the site is name photoshopcontest.com but what about completely changing it...forget the votes, keep the comments and a button "LIKE" and we re done. Or just less contests. please give a thought but i dont care about the prices, its not that important, And if PSC is a school, yeah lets say a home school system with just nice advices and no more competition. Im sure im not the first one to tell sthg like that, but honestly its the first time i really think about it like this. Lest just keep the fun , sice some people look so bothered by votes.... the only big problem is the name of the site so... dunno people.. have fun.just one year before the end of the times. Laughing Wink
Micose

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
ok i know the site is name photoshopcontest.com but what about completely changing it...forget the votes, keep the comments and a button "LIKE" and we re done. Or just less contests. please give a thought but i dont care about the prices, its not that important, And if PSC is a school, yeah lets say a home school system with just nice advices and no more competition. Im sure im not the first one to tell sthg like that, but honestly its the first time i really think about it like this. Lest just keep the fun , sice some people look so bothered by votes.... the only big problem is the name of the site so... dunno people.. have fun.just one year before the end of the times. Laughing Wink

ahem... wel about the price...like tomorrow's.... i kinda need it in fact... but ill stick to mypoint of view expressed above, and give us a one monthly or weekly if u prefer with 250 dollars to win. basta.
Meta Version

Post Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:00 am   Reply with quote         

Meta Version wrote:

Over and Out.

It's been a couple of weeks... and I'm feeling rather sad about the above. I should never have submitted that as most of it was unnecessary and not truth.

Just for the record - the evening before typing the above crap - I'd got my mountain bike stolen by some punk (outside my workplace). I was therefore literally fuming and just vented out via this thread. I should never have done it and there are no excuses, I know. But I just wanted to let you guys know why I'd acted in such a negative way. It's not how I usually do things. Far from it, in fact.

Also, I'd really like to continue chopping @ PSC, but if anyone has any reservations, then I'll totally understand.

I just wanted to let you know, that's all.

Thanks for reading,

MV Confused

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Lack of!!!! - Reply to topic