Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Mossy Sea Rocks Contest - TIE ???! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Zoeon

Post Tue May 29, 2012 11:40 am   Reply with quote         

also the winner voted for you and you couldnt vote so normaly you were one point behind if herman didnt vote for you, but herman is a sportsman, not like others:)
but your entrie was very good so be happy and go on

irgum

Post Tue May 29, 2012 12:04 pm   Reply with quote         

he can't vote he don't has 10+ entries

Post Tue May 29, 2012 12:07 pm   Reply with quote         

I was also going to vote for him , I like what he did....
I'll try to make something better for the next contests Smile

cringer8

Post Tue May 29, 2012 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

That's why he said, "you couldn't vote"

Anyway, nobody likes tiebreakers; they're never perfect, but they're needed.

This isn't the special olympics; there shouldn't be two first place ribbons handed out Razz

Tommeken

Post Tue May 29, 2012 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Would this topic be here if you won? Hmmm

would that be fair? Hmmm
Now why do you think you deserve to win instead of Herman? Hmmm you get the same votes....share the first place? Hmmm what will happen with prize contests Hmmm

lot's of Questions i know ..something to think bout me thinks Razz Laughing

roger1

Post Tue May 29, 2012 12:30 pm   Reply with quote         

I've never heard of a "sore winner" before. scratch scratch

Post Tue May 29, 2012 12:37 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm telling you... LIFE IS UNFAIR! Cool

Post Tue May 29, 2012 12:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Tommeken wrote:

would that be fair? Hmmm
Now why do you think you deserve to win instead of Herman? Hmmm you get the same votes....share the first place? Hmmm what will happen with prize contests Hmmm

I'm sure if I was the one with early submitted image , I'll think about that but never write here...But what shoud happend is Herman staying in my shoes and ,writing the same things...

He's been here for a while and knows about that , I'm sure...

I wanna make this clear...I don't think I deserve to win more than him...We have the equal rights accoring to the votes...

About the prize contests...It's possible to be the same as in Lottery... Will be splitted equaly...
They don't look who submitted the lucky numbers first,right? ...

Employed Droid

Post Tue May 29, 2012 1:26 pm   Reply with quote         

I must say... these threads are very entertaining

cringer8

Post Tue May 29, 2012 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

ivojovchev wrote:
Tommeken wrote:

would that be fair? Hmmm

I'm sure if I was the one with early submitted image , I'll think about that but never write here...But what shoud happend is Herman staying in my shoes and ,writing the same things...

He's been here for a while and knows about that , I'm sure...

I wanna make this clear...I don't think I deserve to win more than him...We have the equal rights accoring to the votes...

About the prize contests...It's possible to be the same as in Lottery... Will be splitted equaly...
They don't look who submitted the lucky numbers first,right? ...

Think about the poor web developer who would have to figure out how to display two winning images on the front page; not only on the main spot, but in the little thumbnails in the following days, too. No consideration for coders these days Mad

Post Tue May 29, 2012 1:49 pm   Reply with quote         

The change in the ranking alghoritum is form 3-5 lines of code , and the image(s) of the day can be switching every 5 min or something like that , which is also 3 lines of code.....
I guess that is not big of a deal.

Besides of PS fun I do coding. Very Happy

TheShaman

Post Tue May 29, 2012 2:02 pm   Reply with quote         

OMG! You got second on your second entry here... You should be happy!

It takes other people MONTHS/YEARS to be in the top 3....

BTW: They're not changing the code because of your complaint. The tiebreaker system works just fine. You're not the first one to get a second place because you tied for first with someone who submitted before you....
Happened to me a few times.

And no... I don't want to split the effing $50 prize with you because you're slower than I am at chopping...

Best said...
Claf wrote:
LIFE IS UNFAIR!

This isn't pee-wee baseball where everyone's a winner and we don't keep score. Here there are winners and losers. Its always been a contest to see who can come up with the *best idea *the fastest with *the best execution. You submitted it later than your opponent, because of this simple fact, you lost. Why do you think they call paying to play here "advantage"?

Move on already.

Post Tue May 29, 2012 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

The way you say things are , it looks like I got lucky that I got second place and in this community , the longer you stay ,much higher you'll get on contests???

For that "ADVANTAGE" ,we have paid and we have ADVANTAGE over the people that have not!
Since we've paid for the same ADVANTAGE...we are equal!

Quote:
And no... I don't want to split the effing $50 prize with you because you're slower than I am at chopping...

Submitting first doesn't make you faster than anyone in chopping....It makes you faster in SUBMITTING...

Every image here is made by different person ,by different ways , and takes diffent time to chop it...

And everyone decides on his own in what part of the day or week to do it...

If you submit before the contest start...you shoud be equal...
That's my point...I dont care if they gonna change anything or not..
I have my view of that situation and I have the right of that...

And before some of you start saying it... I don't have nothing personal on any of you.I'm not saying I'm better in chopping or stuff like that....Just saying my point! Wink

TheShaman

Post Tue May 29, 2012 2:57 pm   Reply with quote         

ivojovchev wrote:
The way you say things are , it looks like I got lucky that I got second place and in this community , the longer you stay ,much higher you'll get on contests???

No I'm saying that you should be happy you got second place on your second entry. it takes most people months to achieve that goal. Which you did fairly quickly. Has nothing to do with 'luck' and no... the longer you stay doesnt mean the higher you'll get on contests... You have to come up with a good idea in order to win around here. nothing more. non-advantage people can win too IF they come up with a great idea and get it in quick enough for people to see it.

ivojovchev wrote:

For that "ADVANTAGE" ,we have paid and we have ADVANTAGE over the people that have not!
Since we've paid for the same ADVANTAGE...we are equal!

Submitting first doesn't make you faster than anyone in chopping....It makes you faster in SUBMITTING...

Every image here is made by different person ,by different ways , and takes diffent time to chop it...

And everyone decides on his own in what part of the day or week to do it...

If you submit before the contest start...you shoud be equal...
That's my point...I dont care if they gonna change anything or not..
I have my view of that situation and I have the right of that...

And before some of you start saying it... I don't have nothing personal on any of you.I'm not saying I'm better in chopping or stuff like that....Just saying my point! Wink

I get your view. You want everyone to win and for it to be equal. That's just not how this works. And no... I don't think you think your better than anyone here...

What you fail to grasp is by submitting first I've chopped that particular contest 'faster' than you. Not because it took me 3 hours and it took you 4, but because I found a source I liked, and chopped it before you did. That's the reason we pay for advantage.
Its an advantage over those who don't pay to play here... Why bother paying for 30 days worth of source if you can't use it to your advantage? If someone else chopped that same picture and submitted it before you... they did it 'faster' than you. They have a slight advantage over you in terms of 'tie breaker'

Because you're new, you don't know what it was like before....
Early days of PSC... Before advantage, everyone got the picture on the same day, at the same time. Then you had to chop as fast and as best as you could... to win. They have a day like that still, its called "Speed Chop Day".

we get your 'point' you want ties... Not going to happen.

Now stop crying about coming in second, and get back on your horse and ride little buddy.

Post Tue May 29, 2012 3:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Now stop crying about coming in second, and get back on your horse and ride little buddy.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I can do that Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Mossy Sea Rocks Contest - TIE ???! - Reply to topic