Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H 2012 - Round 4 externals - Reply to topic

MikeDascola

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:44 am   Reply with quote         

Gratz to Netwel! Good luck in round 5!

Entering the H2H was an accident. I didn't mean to click the damn button, but I'm glad I did. I forgot how much fun chopping is! I really need to do some more daily contests this year. I made some new friends along the way this H2H and hopefully I can find more time to chop.

Ok all, I'm out. Gotta get back to work now. Good luck to the remaining people! Bow

GuidedByPandas

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Well my bribe money finally ran out. Wink Panda squadron goes down to defeat!! As it should be.

Good luck to Totoy and the remaining field!

Only externals were dragon masthead (used on fireworks) and dragon logo (on side of lead junk). Pandas and masthead drawn. The junk boat is all source with the exceptions noted. Background pics are a combination of 3 sunset photos I took in Cannon Beach, OR.

Knowing Totoy was my opponent AND then seeing the O sealed my fate. His prior chops were crisp and creative; I could probably muster the creative part. The O had "pen tool" written all over it and I can't use the pen tool - my hand just isn't steady enough. My vision is getting worse which likely largely contributes to the fuzziness of my images - they always look fine to me... until I post. Wink

So I can use some help here if folk wouldn't mind.
1. Because the pen tool is pretty much off-limits for me, I typically lasso and they mask out excess. Are there better more concise ways of grabbing pieces cleanly?

2. What resolution do you typically use?
I thought for web pics it really didn't matter above 120, but perhaps I'm wrong. I'm looking at these crystal clear images you post and I must be way under resolution to consistenly deliver such fuzzy images.

Any feedback would be appreciated. And if a Mod wants to move this post to a new thread, that's OK by me.

Thank you!!

kittie

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:49 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Here too? It's so strange... I couldn't even fix the white in PS if I wanted to... it doesn't show up. Confused

Oh well, Bogonet's piano was a deserved win regardless of my annoying quality issue.

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:40 pm   Reply with quote         

My externals Confused

And what the heck? 25 votes Shocked

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Yup! It was enough good integration Grefix! Laughing
I was also very close to vote for you!

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Mine was all source of course.
But I will share the images that brought my great inspiration...

cringer8

Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:28 pm   Reply with quote         

@Grefix - I almost voted for yours, too Wink

@Claf - That Jesus lightswitch cover is one of my favorite pics of all time Laughing

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H 2012 - Round 4 externals - Reply to topic