Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Ages/Backgrounds of Members? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

sonic3

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi

I've been here since 2008 and entered about 200 contests.
I live in the UK (Devon) and started using Photoshop Elements 4, mainly for restoration and editing my photos. These days i use CS5.

In my spare time i love to travel and am a very keen photographer.

I've not been around here much lately, but am planning to change that soon.

You will find that no matter how much you try, you just cant stay away from PSC for too long, you just keep coming back Smile

Well welcome to the site and hope you enjoy your stay Smile

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:39 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
(you're probably too young to remember when people could only walk up stairs but I'm the man that changed all that).

And some people here still don't get it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV2ht3RH7_c

Tesore

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:22 am   Reply with quote         

But they try!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTUMx59TObs[/youtube]

Shocked

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:05 am   Reply with quote         

That last clip wasn't so funny Shocked I almost end that way once. Bulls just don't stand on ladders...but even the small ones can be dangerous:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=or2GH3CHXqY
Move clip at exact 3 minutes and turn sound on

charliesou

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:05 pm   Reply with quote         

And this is my pin number...
Surprised Shocked Very Happy Smile

Trann

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I started with Photoshop 2.5LE, saving multiple copies at various stages, and found relief when 3.0 (layers!) came out. Using CS5 right now and I still don't know all the features. Cool

Joined 2005. Lurked for probably 6 months before that trying to figure out how things were done. Figured the only way to learn was to participate.

Under a hundred entries. My free time isn't what it used to be. Still seeking a fourth place finish so I can pull a George Costanza and walk away.

I never entered for the prizes. I've continually been appreciative of constructive criticism and treat my time here as a fun experience. In fact, my first win (in any showing) was for a World Cup contest, five years after I started, and was completely unexpected (because I don't play to win, I play to have fun).

In fact, I learned a lot doing the contests here. Unlike class projects that might have a particular goal, there is a freedom here to experiment with your chops and learn by doing.

I think you'll enjoy it here.

CatCongdon

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi & welcome. I am out of school and now I am working full time in a job I had to take - not in photography or Photoshop at all...far from it. It is paying the bills but sadly cutting into my free time for contests. I am old enough to know better, too young to resist. I have found the people here are helpful and wonderful. I don't focus winning or how many votes I can get with a post as much as doing what I love and enjoying it. I have won only one contest but not for money, so I don't have experience in that department. I am guessing that the Advantage members pay and that maintains the site/contests. Good luck! Cat

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Ages/Backgrounds of Members? - Reply to topic