Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H 2012 Tournament Results - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks bill! Thanks everybody! Very Happy

It was a pleasure to participate to H2H whatever my lack of time.
I struggled on every f....ng sources and worked by night in last hours before rounds started.
Sorry for the flaws!

Now I need to rest! I'm too old for this kind of game!! Laughing

Wow! I wasn't expecting prize! That's pretty cool! Thanks!! Cool

I also have a little question to cringer8! Smile
I wonder what are the issues you found on my "okay" bird?
I hope it is not about the wrong angle of the beak, one eye is too big or looking at wrong direction, or the fact that the eyelids seem to support the too heavy eyes... because it was intentional!
I really think my bird is not okay. This bird has a major issue, something like: "Why the fuck I'm born this way!" Laughing
So if it's only that you don't like the face of my bird, I'm really okay with it!! Cool Laughing

Cheers!! Cool

Gort

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Congrats to Claf for the win. Chops like that make me wanna chop and are the reason I hang around.

Martrex

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Congrats to Claf for winning, and all the others who stepped up and took the challenge, you've all made it yet another outrageous competition. Now clear out of the loser lounge and move on, wallowing all done! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

shane.e.randall

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:39 pm   Reply with quote         

I think the bird is cool. I did not vote completely forgot.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Congratulations, Claf! As LeBron James eloquently expressed, "It's about damn time!"

And congratulations to Maya M. What a great performance!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:33 pm   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:
I think the bird is cool. I did not vote completely forgot.

Shane on you! Wink

Congrats, Claude! I'm glad you found the time to compete. You gave all of us "the bird"! Laughing

Also, as promised the wiener...errr....winner Very Happy gets a 6-month Advantage. cheers

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:18 am   Reply with quote         

Hey! Thanks again! Very Happy

Oh! Also a 6-month advantage! Surprised
Thanks Eve! Hug

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:21 am   Reply with quote         

nevet wrote:
Brilliant! Congrats Very Happy

Great job madonnemay!

And also, i would love to see a big version of your chop claf.... PSD would be even better Smile

OK I'll clean-up my PSD file and share it this week-end.
It isn't big, just same size like you saw, but everything is there!
Thanks!
Smile

madonnemay

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:09 am   Reply with quote         

[quote="Claf"][quote="nevet"]Brilliant! Congrats Very Happy
Many thanks to you all. My husband told me that claf was the bedt chopper around thid wonderfull site.
I had to believe him ......lol.
Great claf.

cringer8

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
I hope it is not about the wrong angle of the beak, one eye is too big or looking at wrong direction, or the fact that the eyelids seem to support the too heavy eyes... because it was intentional!
I really think my bird is not okay. This bird has a major issue, something like: "Why the fuck I'm born this way!" Laughing
So if it's only that you don't like the face of my bird, I'm really okay with it!! Cool Laughing

Cheers!! Cool

Hey Claf Smile

First, let me say that I would not be able to pull off that bird as well as you did. I was merely judging the bird based on the quality found in the rest of the image. So here it goes:

Some lighting issues... the right corner of the beak could have used some shading to match the lighting surrounding it. As it stands, that part of the beak looks like it's hovering off of the face. If it is hovering off the face, there should be a darker drop shadow just behind it.

The shadow on the neck does not agree with the angle of light found on the rest of the bird. The light reflection on the eyeballs and shadow of the beak would suggest a higher angle for the light source which would drop the shadow on the neck lower, possibly even out of sight.

The translucent effect on the left eyeball is great, but the effect on the right eye is too bright and defined, considering that it is further away from the light source. The difference in brightness found on the eyelids should have translated to the eyes as well. It makes the right eye look out of place.

The motion blur on the feather seems way too blurry and you missed a spot at the top of the feather. I also think the motion blur at the tip of tongue was unecessary and ruined what could have been a very cool tongue.

This is all just opinion, which is meaningless. It's even less meaningful when I'm sure you could pull up ANY of my chops and find even more issues Wink I'm sure some other choppers will jump in here and take care of that for you pale

Congratulations on the win. Well deserved. Hopefully you can find the time to play around with a daily contest some time. I'd love to see more of your work Smile

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:27 am   Reply with quote         

cringer8 wrote:
Claf wrote:

Cheers!! Cool

Hey Claf Smile

First, let me say that I would not be able to pull off that bird as well as you did. I was merely judging the bird based on the quality found in the rest of the image. So here it goes:

Some lighting issues... the right corner of the beak could have used some shading to match the lighting surrounding it. As it stands, that part of the beak looks like it's hovering off of the face. If it is hovering off the face, there should be a darker drop shadow just behind it.

The shadow on the neck does not agree with the angle of light found on the rest of the bird. The light reflection on the eyeballs and shadow of the beak would suggest a higher angle for the light source which would drop the shadow on the neck lower, possibly even out of sight.

The translucent effect on the left eyeball is great, but the effect on the right eye is too bright and defined, considering that it is further away from the light source. The difference in brightness found on the eyelids should have translated to the eyes as well. It makes the right eye look out of place.

The motion blur on the feather seems way too blurry and you missed a spot at the top of the feather. I also think the motion blur at the tip of tongue was unecessary and ruined what could have been a very cool tongue.

This is all just opinion, which is meaningless. It's even less meaningful when I'm sure you could pull up ANY of my chops and find even more issues Wink I'm sure some other choppers will jump in here and take care of that for you pale

Congratulations on the win. Well deserved. Hopefully you can find the time to play around with a daily contest some time. I'd love to see more of your work Smile

Hi cringer8! Smile

Good observation! You were able to see I didn't put same level of time and attention on details of the bird than the nest & egg.

Yeah, the too bright right corner on beak was the most obvious flaw.

I'm okay with the shadow on the neck... in fact I think it's more about the light reflections on eyeballs that doesn't fit perfectly with the rest of bird. I worked the light source from the egg, more from the left than the top, but I kept the light reflections on eyes at wrong place just for better aestheticism.

I agree with too bright right eye and also the too blurry feather. I didn't miss a spot at top of feather, I just wanted to create some parts around the stem more rigid, but obviously the blur was too strong and anyway badly cropped. In fact I made the blur effects on feather and tongue in a final 1 minute rush before bringing the kids at school at 7:45AM, 15 minutes before the final round started...Laughing

I played a bit on those details just to make it better on my PSD file.
I kept the small blur on tongue, just took off the blurry highlight on top... it was weird!
Oh! I also added a little shadow under the tongue... but it doesn't look really good... for better aestheticism, I prefer without.

Thanks!! Very Happy

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:30 am   Reply with quote         

nevet wrote:

Great job madonnemay!

And also, i would love to see a big version of your chop claf.... PSD would be even better Smile

So here's the PSD file...

http://www.box.com/s/1c5ab5187a9edac5aaf9

Thanks! Smile

cringer8

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:38 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
nevet wrote:

Great job madonnemay!

Thanks! Smile

That updated version is such an improvement. I see what you're saying about the light reflections on the eye. They look good where they are and if you ignore their location, the rest of the shadows do work with a left-to-right light source. That feather looks sooooo much better Smile

nevet

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:

Thanks! Smile

18.4 MB of pure PS geniusness Smile

thanks claf! now we can really appreciate all the subtle details you put in Smile

looking at your PSD files is always very educating....

Martrex

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Very interesting, but I didn't see much in regards to how you made that nest which in itself I think is very neat! Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H 2012 Tournament Results - Reply to topic