Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How to increase participation - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Micose

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:38 am   Reply with quote         

Hi ...............

well i just check worth1000 and i might say they keep going.... i know... ugonna tell me psc is different...but BELIEVE ME i know wht means different especially in matter of photoshopping. But now its not different it just fukin dies slowly but plz...folks.... thers no miracle ahead just work.... be better...take advice ...continue posting crazyness.... thats all im sayin

I heard u people complain about stuff ? arent u ashamed ???
Laughing
Micose

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:45 am   Reply with quote         

...well i wont complain about the advantage account's price....my wife telling me not to... but .....
Fair participation means ....evbdy same level....and then we come to the revenue matter. Yes : where to find money ? knowing that advantage concept sucks big wheels..........

no more adavnatgae ...no more money ? bah..... im sorry im far from being an accountant as some of u might know....

I didnt compared PSC and the other sites... money ? WHT SIZE OF PICTURE IM ALLOWED TO SUBMIT ???
THink about it..... size matters...... Confused
Micose

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:48 am   Reply with quote         

We can complain but all restrictions are here because of lack of passion and need of money. we can deal withh the lack of passion but..........
Zoeon

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:56 am   Reply with quote         

maybe this is an idea?
no more anonymus comps
no more speed comps
no more 50 dollar comp
10 votes a person, better would be that you can give 5,4,3,2,1, star voting

everyday 10 dollar for the winner. Very Happy non advantage members would invest easier 9 bucks to participate i think.

The-Masked-Layer

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:28 am   Reply with quote         

Zoeon wrote:
maybe this is an idea?
no more anonymus comps
no more speed comps
no more 50 dollar comp
10 votes a person, better would be that you can give 5,4,3,2,1, star voting

everyday 10 dollar for the winner. Very Happy non advantage members would invest easier 9 bucks to participate i think.

Yeah, the voting could use some tweaking. Either fewer votes to throw around as werdnaibor suggested, or the rubric method. I can see how the rubric method can be a hassle, although it's what I personally prefer (that's what I live by as an educator), so maybe just fewer votes to reflect the average participation (which seems to be anywhere between 15 and 25). 10 votes seems like it would be more than enough. I am not eligible for voting yet, so I haven't experienced that end of the process here.

With that said, it seems what makes this place unique is the simplicity. Straightforward contests with a simple voting system in place. Maybe if we embrace that, that's our selling point to get more choppers here.

One of my assignments I gave last semester was for my students to each enter at least one contest online. The majority tried out this site because of the simplicity. It wasn't as intimidating. Maybe the quality has dipped over the years (I wouldn't know since I am new), but perhaps it's good to welcome all and grow together to make this a stronger community of choppers.

The-Masked-Layer

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:38 am   Reply with quote         

... and how about a contest deadline followed by a voting period? I have always preferred that. Some entries get lost in the shuffle because of timing. I would rather view all submitted entries with my votes in hand, and then vote accordingly. Is there a reason why people prefer the current deadline/voting system?

TheShaman

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:56 am   Reply with quote         

Current system favors the pay-to-play advantage member. Being able to chop for 30 days, and pre-post your entry. (used to be only a week)

You get three days to chop if you don't have advantage. Since you're getting the source as the contest opens. BUT if you really wish to compete and not get 'lost' so-to-speak, having an entry done at least half way through the first day of voting is best. I used to strive for 2-3 hours max of chopping time once the contest opened in hopes to compete. But that was back when there were 12-20 pre-posts in a contest, and I was hoping just to land on page 2 or 3. Now even with advantage you could wait till the contest opens and still land on page one easily.

As for voting...
For me, I typically spend a few in the beginning of the contest... Then I always go back through the contests on the last day to make sure I didn't miss anything I like... You could easily do the same.

and no... I never use all 25 votes in a contest... I used 18 of 25 in the last reunion chop that had 45 entries in it.

Maybe back in the day when I was hoping for some friendly returns... then I spent all my votes each contest.
Now I just vote for what I like, not whom I like.

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:36 am   Reply with quote         

So, some people think that if the site is changed into a different site then the site will be fixed!?! Confused

Tommeken

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:55 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
So, some people think that if the site is changed into a different site then the site will be fixed!?! Confused

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing he's funny Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

seamusoisin

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:59 am   Reply with quote         

And now ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KStsPPgeka4

...by singing along you will increase particpation, sorta.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
anfa

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:14 am   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
And now ...

"I got a girl named Rama Lama, Rama Lama Ding Dong"
Naming your child "Rama Lama, Rama Lama Ding Dong" is just bad parenting.

seamusoisin

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:19 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
seamusoisin wrote:
And now ...

You could name someone elses child Rama Lama Ding Dong and still be a parent in good standing.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
anfa

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:58 am   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
anfa wrote:
seamusoisin wrote:
And now ...

You could name someone elses child Rama Lama Ding Dong and still be a parent in good standing.

I could? Oooh, I'd better start thinking of names.

blue_lurker

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:26 pm   Reply with quote         

See now this thread is getting interesting...all hail llama's...even better...all hail midget llama's

Zoeon

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:32 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
See now this thread is getting interesting...all hail llama's...even better...all hail midget llama's

what about my ideas??????????

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How to increase participation - Reply to topic