Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - FrankenSandy - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Tesore

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't know who of you guys and gals are out there in The Big Storm, I just wanna say: take care of each other and yourself and be safe! God bless.

Hug

fempie

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
I don't know who of you guys and gals are out there in The Big Storm, I just wanna say: take care of each other and yourself and be safe! God bless.

Hug

From me too! ... take care!

anfa

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:19 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't do the God/praying thing but stay safe people.

YerPalAl

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:47 pm   Reply with quote         

*****DATELINE, NEW BERN, NC*****

Well, we seem to have "weathered" Sandy's visit here, we're down to mostly cloudy skies and variable winds, sometimes to gale force.

And now we switch you to a remote feed from our correspondent in New York City.

COME IN NEW YORK!!!

anfa

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:08 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
*****DATELINE, NEW BERN, NC*****

Well, we seem to have "weathered" Sandy's visit here, we're down to mostly cloudy skies and variable winds, sometimes to gale force.

And now we switch you to a remote feed from our correspondent in New York City.

COME IN NEW YORK!!!

Laughing

anfa

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:53 pm   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Shit that was brilliant. I'm still laughing.

shane.e.randall

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:16 pm   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:

Yup thats pretty funny.

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Eight days without heat or power, but I gots me internet back, so I'm cool!

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:55 pm   Reply with quote         

seelcraft wrote:

Shocked

Holy cow!!!!! What is the temperature and how the hell do you keep warm? You must have a generator or
some power for your computer and internet.
I was watching the aftermath of Sandy on the news. Looks a lot worse then they made it out to be the first few days after.

Take care and best wishes.

seelcraft

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:03 am   Reply with quote         

TJ wrote:
seelcraft wrote:

Shocked

Holy cow!!!!! What is the temperature and how the hell do you keep warm? You must have a generator or
some power for your computer and internet.
I was watching the aftermath of Sandy on the news. Looks a lot worse then they made it out to be the first few days after.

Take care and best wishes.

We have coats and sleeping bags for warmth, and I didn't get back on line until both the power and cable were up.

But we had no real damage here (we're up in the hills of NJ), just trees and powerlines down. But the next storm isn't until Wednesday!!

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:09 am   Reply with quote         

seelcraft wrote:

We have coats and sleeping bags for warmth, and I didn't get back on line until both the power and cable were up.

But we had no real damage here (we're up in the hills of NJ), just trees and powerlines down. But the next storm isn't until Wednesday!!

Sounds like hard times.. did you at least have warm water for showering? And how did you manage to make your food? But I guess most important is that nobody got hurt! Lets hope the next storm will bring not more bad news. Smile

seamusoisin

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:12 am   Reply with quote         

I remember when I lived in Montreal in 1998 we had another "storm of the century" but this time it was freezing rain which not only broke trees it also brought down the steel towers that transmitted the power from the grid. We were two weeks with no electricity but due to some good fortune we had in a condo development the only gas fireplace out of over 150 residences. I also had camping equipment, one lantern, two Coleman stoves and sleeping bags. We were able to cook and stay warm near the fireplace. It was at times so warm that we had to open the door to freshen up the air. Grocery stores unable to run freezers were giving away food so we didn't have to worry about food. Police were going from house to house making sure that people were all right. The elderly and the very yuoung as usual were at risk. The corner store had a generator and was a supply haven for beer, wine and my wife's cigarettes.

What I remember the most was that I filled the bathtub with water as I was afraid that the water supply would be cut off. I also remember there were some very generous people out there and some real profiteering a-holes who took advantage of people's suffering.

The damage caused by this caused some companies who did not get power back for weeks on end to close, never to reopen.

There were also power crews who came from all over North America to help with the restoration. Kind of cool to see a MIchigan power truck roaming the streets. These people worked unbelieveable hours. It's rather nice to see the same thing happening now in the Northeast US

Don't ever want to go through that again and my thoughts are with all the people going through this and hope that normalcy will return ASAP.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
YerPalAl

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:35 am   Reply with quote         

I grew up in Florida and have lived pretty much my entire life in areas regularly visited by these monsters. And yes, these times bring out the very best and the very worst in people.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - FrankenSandy - Reply to topic