Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - H2H 2013 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue May 28, 2013 1:30 am   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
It's true, I've tried organizing several myself. I use the FB group, these forums, and DeviantArt. Even with all 3 it still fails. Most of it is like Ryan says with the inability to code or give any real reward, and part of it is because we're not considered "old timey" enough to be cool and I guess it "steps on toes" to take things over that are solid history with PSC. (Remember the cries about my socks? They'll NEVER BE LIKE CYNN SOCKS!) When people get trampled all over for trying to renew or take over tradition, get berated and told to sit down, shut up, and chop, it REALLY doesn't encourage active participation.

That being said, I'd still be happy to advertise or help in any way possible if Ryan/anyone else willing is given the means to code. I don't know anything about it.

My best suggestion is to take ownership of your newbieship...albeit what, SEVEN YEARS?! Laughing

I like your socks, Kayla. And I think there's many "cool" members who try to get something accomplished here. KUDOS FOR THEM!

Holy cow, I used to hound the202 for months to get some special comp off the ground. Just ask him! He won't answer but you can ask him. Wink

Post Tue May 28, 2013 9:02 pm   Reply with quote         

SCAVHUNT

That is all

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Wed May 29, 2013 6:54 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
SCAVHUNT

That is all

Yeah, only because we're hosting this year. Razz

Cartoon Contractor

Post Thu May 30, 2013 7:45 am   Reply with quote         

Is this the first year that the H2H won't be held? Sad

Post Thu May 30, 2013 6:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Maybe we can do a "Photowalk" instead.
Get our cameras take pictures of whatever
interests you

GuidedByPandas

Post Fri May 31, 2013 1:42 am   Reply with quote         

Hello. Contrary to popular belief, I'm still alive. And the damn pandas are still pushing me around. It's hardly 'guidance'.

So they are guiding me to make the same offer I did last year - a grand prize. Last year I provided the WACOM tablet that Claf won.

So if someone is willing to step up and run the H2H Contest, I'm willing to do the same this year - offer a new WACOM Intuos 5 Medium tablet (or gift certificate equivalent - value = $360 US).

I would love to play again and since the chance I could win my own prize is the same as a mutant 300 foot tall panda destroying Toronto, I think it would be OK to enter. So if a prize is the incentive needed to get this ball rolling, that's the least I can do to help. And if I do manage to play, you can find me near the bottom of the seed ranking, down in the boiler room, behind that box of old dusty stuffed pandas. Smile

Peace all... missed you.

p.s. If we can't manage a H2H but can do a reunion contest, I'd apply the prize to that instead (and I would sit out). Good incentive?

Tesore

Post Fri May 31, 2013 4:53 am   Reply with quote         

Wink

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:15 am   Reply with quote         

So, I think I can basically make the h2h happen via the tourney tool supak0ma created, but there are a lot of loose ends in advertising the tourney that would require someone with more access to the site's internal files (email blast, registration link on main page, link to tourney from menu, etc). It's also not bad to have someone like that around in case something goes haywire during the tourney (which it has in the past). That has traditionally been supak or Tony, but I haven't talked to either in some time and don't know if they would be up for the task / still have their access rights here...

That said, I'm willing to run it, as per usual.
I think this would be the latest into the year that we've run one though.
Prince Laurent

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:55 am   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
So, I think I can basically make the h2h happen via the tourney tool supak0ma created, but [...].

Razz Thx Bill !! Wink

Tesore

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:30 pm   Reply with quote         

That would be so nice! Thanks Bill Very Happy

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:03 pm   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
So, I think I can basically make the h2h happen via the tourney tool supak0ma created, but there are a lot of loose ends in advertising the tourney that would require someone with more access to the site's internal files (email blast, registration link on main page, link to tourney from menu, etc). It's also not bad to have someone like that around in case something goes haywire during the tourney (which it has in the past). That has traditionally been supak or Tony, but I haven't talked to either in some time and don't know if they would be up for the task / still have their access rights here...

Bow Bow Bow

While you're setting things up for the h2h, can you select an image for the Annual Reunion Comp? It's been my experience that this comp brings back old members...some of whom stick around for the h2h.
Very Happy

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:35 am   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:

If I can help Bill let me know...cant code but I can bitch and complain with the best of them...and Im good for an image or two as normal.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Lock and load people, time to find the owners to this 2 bit operation...

Cartoon Contractor

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:24 am   Reply with quote         

So again? Is this the first year that the H2H won't be held? A shame isn't it! Sad

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:51 pm   Reply with quote         

It should happen, we are squaring things away.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - H2H 2013 - Reply to topic