Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H 2013 Externals and Losers' Lounge - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kittie

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:34 am   Reply with quote         

I sucked at saving my sources. I'm not sorry. Laughing
Enjoy the halfass cutout of my mountains from one of my psds and lack of birds.

The copter including blades were from the source- the actual blades created by a radial blur on one of the wheels. The cars were made by a little clone and a lot of paint.
All lighting, shadow, and color changes on every part of the chop were done completely by adding layers of paint.
Edges and mistakes were edited by zooming in and using the eyedropper tool and the paint brush.
The rainbow was painted.
Any loose petals were painted.
All clouds were touched up with paint and movement clouds were painted with a small wispy brush.

Tough match! Rather lose to Anfa if I have to lose at all...

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:40 am   Reply with quote         

Wonderful work all .. i used alot of out sources actually ... so i think this thread is our thread right ? losers Only Laughing

cringer8

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:51 am   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:

The copter including blades were from the source- the actual blades created by a radial blur on one of the wheels. The cars were made by a little clone and a lot of paint.
All lighting, shadow, and color changes on every part of the chop were done completely by adding layers of paint.
Edges and mistakes were edited by zooming in and using the eyedropper tool and the paint brush.
The rainbow was painted.
All clouds were touched up with paint and movement clouds were painted with a small wispy brush.

Kay, your entry was pretty damn great and would have won against almost anyone else in the round. If Anfa had a single glaring flaw in his entry, you would have beaten him, too Smile

kittie

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:54 am   Reply with quote         

cringer8 wrote:
kittie wrote:

The rainbow was painted.

Kay, your entry was pretty damn great and would have won against almost anyone else in the round. If Anfa had a single glaring flaw in his entry, you would have beaten him, too Smile

Thanks! I'm not pointing out all of my work to sound bitter at losing. Arc just had an issue with the total lack of paintwork in my entry that I said I would explain once voting was over.

arcaico

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:35 pm   Reply with quote         

kittie wrote:
cringer8 wrote:
kittie wrote:

The rainbow was painted.

Thanks! I'm not pointing out all of my work to sound bitter at losing. Arc just had an issue with the total lack of paintwork in my entry that I said I would explain once voting was over.

Correction: i didnīt say it lacked painting... i said you changed the style... most of your latest work is source over painting, not painting over source... i paint in most of my chops, but they are essencially chops. Your style is the opposite... itīs mostly paintings with the source applied, which i enjoy a lot, when you manage to match them nicely. i just said you should have tried that instead of real manipulation, once manipulation is anfaīs expertise.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

kittie

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:30 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

Correction: i didnīt say it lacked painting... i said you changed the style... most of your latest work is source over painting, not painting over source... i paint in most of my chops, but they are essencially chops. Your style is the opposite... itīs mostly paintings with the source applied, which i enjoy a lot, when you manage to match them nicely. i just said you should have tried that instead of real manipulation, once manipulation is anfaīs expertise.

I appreciate that, thanks. I do see what you're saying, and I probably could have come up with something like that- but I 95% think it would not have done as well. It's sort of a niche- some people like it (Which I'm glad you do), a lot of people don't.
I would have received a lot of "Needs more source", "The other's pretty, but solid PS work here (on opponent)" , the list goes on. I know this because it's happened often.
If my goal was only to make a chop that I loved no matter how well it did, then I may have done it- and I do for dailies once in a while- but I was in the H2H to win.

(Also, these sound like excuses, but painting can take me over 24 straight hours. I'm moving apartments this entire month, and my Dad's in the hospital with stress/heart problems. I entered as promised but I'm mostly on my phone back and forth here at the moment.)

roger1

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, if you're going to loose,....loose BIG! I got 4 votes (and one of those was the courtesy vote from my competitor - lol!). The combination of only having three hours to chop and going against the best pic in the contest (imo) sealed my fate. Doh! Embarassed

Congrats to volkswes for an awesome chop! salut

shane.e.randall

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:27 pm   Reply with quote         

cringer8 wrote:
kittie wrote:

The rainbow was painted.

I think I voted for your entry Kayla great work! I voted on my Cell phone for the last two rounds. The match between Ryan and Koorio was really tough. I decided to vote for Koorio because of theme, and he did an excellent job of compositing the Scrubs. Now that I have seen the bigger picture I still would have voted for Koorio because of that weird chunk taken out of the biker guys side. But excellent entries really hard decision.

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:06 pm   Reply with quote         

I have the psd for anyone curious, but lost track of all the externals. Here is a progression gif of my chop for the round. I enjoyed all of your work!

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f287/nat_g31/H2H-GIF_zpsa9022e07.gif

My favorite of the round goes to- Photolicious

Best Humor- Shiza

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
kittie

Post Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:12 pm   Reply with quote         

I saw that, thank you Shane!

Cool gif Nat! Love seeing the work like that.

TheShaman

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:01 am   Reply with quote         

well, this was my idea for round 4.

Body made from the (left side source) white whale, and the head from the one fish below it. The bait was made from (right side) parts of the brown whale and the fins of the fish. Eyes are from the small fish.

Two externals, the background and the hook.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/TheShaman/Photoshop%20Contest/FishGuySources_zpsff1c4bcd.jpg

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:22 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
well, this was my idea for round 4.

Body made from the (left side source) white whale, and the head from the one fish below it. The bait was made from (right side) parts of the brown whale and the fins of the fish. Eyes are from the small fish.

Two externals, the background and the hook.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/TheShaman/Photoshop%20Contest/FishGuySources_zpsff1c4bcd.jpg

Very nice! You could have caused some troubles over there Wink

arcaico

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Is it too early for me to join this place??

Happy, Sean? Iīm out of the tournament!! Congrats to Sh!za! Good luck!

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

TheShaman

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:04 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

Me?
I'm always happy Fab.
and even more so if you've brought the Tequila!

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:10 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

It's never too early to join the losers. Pretty sure I'm out as well. My procrastination finally caught up with me...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H 2013 Externals and Losers' Lounge - Reply to topic