Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Need some votes! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

seamusoisin

Post Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:39 am   Reply with quote         

NIcely done and deserving of many more votes.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:40 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks everybody!!! Kyoka thank you all! Very Happy

Now we'll know this week if she will be 1 of the 5 finalists in this contest.
If she's one of them, the next step is that she will have to make a speech/presentation
of her project live in front of the judges.
I'll let you know about the result and maybe the next step very soon.
Thanks again!

Post Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:11 am   Reply with quote         

done

charliesou

Post Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:06 pm   Reply with quote         

So all the horror stories about Fukushima and the massive amounts of radioctive outpourings are all conspiracy stuff ? Please don't take this wrong, and I admire the sentiments behind the project, but I have misgivings. The "Japan is OK " meme was confirmed with the Olympics 2020 decision.
When these so called "news" agencies give more coverage to a pregnant panda or a "royal" sprog than a nuclear meltdown I tend to get a bit blase' about "news".

seamusoisin

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:31 am   Reply with quote         

charliesou wrote:
So all the horror stories about Fukushima and the massive amounts of radioctive outpourings are all conspiracy stuff ? Please don't take this wrong, and I admire the sentiments behind the project, but I have misgivings. The "Japan is OK " meme was confirmed with the Olympics 2020 decision.
When these so called "news" agencies give more coverage to a pregnant panda or a "royal" sprog than a nuclear meltdown I tend to get a bit blase' about "news".

How do you make the leap from one person's spiritual journey and documentation of that journey to a conspiracy? I suggest that you look at the the video.

If you have a rant about the things that you mentioned (and I don't disagree with what your saying) I suggest that you start a thread about it rather than hijack this one.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
charliesou

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:45 am   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
charliesou wrote:

How do you make the leap from one person's spiritual journey and documentation of that journey to a conspiracy? I suggest that you look at the the video.

If you have a rant about the things that you mentioned (and I don't disagree with what your saying) I suggest that you start a thread about it rather than hijack this one.

Of course you are correct. I shall in future engage what few of my brain cells are left before I go off on one.
Embarassed

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:36 am   Reply with quote         

Again, thank you all! Smile

Finally, Kyoka's project didn't make it! Sad
But it's not too bad...

Now, she's waiting for some answers about grants from Telefilm Canada, Sodec, Conseil des Arts et Lettres du Québec from this fall to January.
She's very optimistic! I'm sure she will have good help!

I will let you know about all developments.
Thanks!!

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:39 am   Reply with quote         

charliesou wrote:

I wonder on which planet you're living or I wonder what you're smoking!? Laughing

The movie is not about Fukushima disaster but about a personal spiritual journey, like Richard said.
When the tsunami and nuclear catastrophe happened, her sister and family who live just 100 km from the nuclear power plant , had to leave her city for few weeks without knowing if they will come back home again.
They are safe because they live enough far from the nuclear power plant.
They can't eat local food products, but the mountains all around their area protect substantially from radioactivity.
They are lucky that their hometown isn't one of few ghost cities in Fukushima prefecture.
What happened in March 2011 somewhere helped a certain reconciliation with her sister. But I repeat... the film is not about nuclear meltdown!!

BTW the radioactive outpourings go on and go on.
Of course, there's no problems for 2020 Olympics, Tokyo is safe, and yeah Japan is kind of OK,
but the situation in Fukushima is not under control, really far from it.
The nuclear disaster will be problematic for the next decades for a big part of Fukushima prefecture, contaminated beaches and ocean.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23779561

I don't know which kind of funny news you are looking at, but I never heard about those pregnant royal pandas! Laughing
Like you, generally, people have very short interest about any kind of news when they are not directly concerned. I figure that's understandable.
But fortunately, there are people who care and who think they can help and do something.
In my case, I usually feel concern by any ecological problems on our planet and especially very curious about all the human wrong actions behind it.
And the Japanese disaster is all about it! Nuclear power plants near beaches on a shaking land like this... building cities in middle of
very vulnerable spots on the coast...

By the way, if you have a nice boat and have a project to make a beautiful trip in north-west Pacific, this link will give you an idea
about the nice trip that is waiting for you! Laughing

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/1848433/the-ocean-is-broken/

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:59 am   Reply with quote         

Daenerys wrote:
How cool Claf!!! You've been there!!! Good to know that you liked.
I was treated very well during the time I lived there. I worked 4 years in Suzuki Buhin Toyama, lived in Toyama-Ken, Oyabe-Shi a small village in the middle of rice fields surrounded by beautiful mountains (which always protected us for typhoons), in winter I had the mountains less than an hour to skiing and in the summer, the beaches, I used to go to Iwasehama beach, but this is the only thing that looses for Brazil, the beaches here are better, believe me, warm blue water, research for "Santa Catarina" and "Natal" beaches! But I went in Nanao and I loved, calm and clean blue water. Notojima Aquarium is a great place to visit.

I never went in the cities you know except Tokyo, been there a few times, in Shibuya and Tokyo Disney.
I enjoyed Yokohama, Osaka and Nagoya, otherwise just walked nearby Toyama (Tonami, Kanazawa,Takaoka), the work was intense (I worked in maintenance quality car water pump, my time ranged from 10 to 16 hours of work per day, when I returned to Brazil I weighed 42Kg, today I am in my normal is 49Kg), but I loved every moment, even the hard work! I can say was the best 4 years of my life! About the steak you ate, I KNOW!!!!! They have those places specialized in "something": "Kare houses" (curry), "Ramen ya", (lamen), "Ninniku ya" (foods with garlic)... Its amazing, I love all of them! Very Happy

Gosh... I get so excited when I talk about Japan ... are many memories! Sorry for the blah, blah, blah!!

Anyway, good luck to your wife Claf, really!

So, Dani, I figure you learned Japanese very well?
In my case, I have to work hard... I have to improve it.
I'm a little discouraged... I started to learn before my wife gave birth to my oldest daughter in 2004... and since nothing! No time and energy... but I have to go back and to try again!

Yeah, most of the Japanese coast I saw was rocks, nice cliffs and mountains. I rarely saw nice sandy beaches. Last fall, we took the JR weekly train pass and we traveled a lot all around, from Northeast (Kesennuma) to South (Hiroshima). It was great!

Thanks again!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Need some votes! - Reply to topic