Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Hold your votes! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:17 am   Reply with quote         

I want to thank everyone for the votes you have given me...it is obvious I have lot to learn before coming here and entering. I only have a few posts entered for the rest of the month, please just ignore them as I won't be entering anymore. You all take good care. I have some practicing to do Wink

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:40 am   Reply with quote         

When I started, (and many others), I knew practically nothing about Photoshop. Entering as many contests as I could yielded very few votes with a lot of advise. The trick is to have fun with the images and realize that nobody hear is slamming your work, only giving advise on how to make things better. If you look at this place as a learning environment instead of a contest you will have more fun. Look at the forums for tutorials and try new things with out being so hard on yourself.

aman

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:45 am   Reply with quote         

~Sierranne~ wrote:
I want to thank everyone for the votes you have given me...it is obvious I have lot to learn before coming here and entering. I only have a few posts entered for the rest of the month, please just ignore them as I won't be entering anymore. You all take good care. I have some practicing to do Wink
you are doing good after few chops... Keep posting here.. Smile

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:50 am   Reply with quote         

tpsimer wrote:
When I started, (and many others), I knew practically nothing about Photoshop. Entering as many contests as I could yielded very few votes with a lot of advise. The trick is to have fun with the images and realize that nobody hear is slamming your work, only giving advise on how to make things better. If you look at this place as a learning environment instead of a contest you will have more fun. Look at the forums for tutorials and try new things with out being so hard on yourself.

Agree and that is what I did too...but after many many entries and all the comments I get, it is just obvious to me my art sucks big time, and trust me not feeling sorry, I just know I cannot get better, my vision limits me tremendously seems silly I try sometimes lol, I mostly wanted to just enter and have a place to come each day and vote and learn. Why I say save the votes. Maybe not a bad idea to have contests for beginners, and contests for the seasoned pros. I feel sorry for them having to view my crap each day LOL, let me practice and if my vision gets corrected one day will be trying again Smile

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:56 am   Reply with quote         

don't take it so serious it's just a game
keep on play and you will be better and better
I'm here some years ago but I'm still bad at shadows but I want play
so don't give up you always will get tips from the old school choppers

STFUAC (Shut the fuck up and chop) Smile

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:01 am   Reply with quote         

STFUAC (Shut the fuck up and chop) Smile[/quote] LMAO

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

its not the votes its the learning. CHOP FOR FUN........ once you do that, you have arrived. I entered a contest this week with a chop that needed a good hour and a half more work, but i had spent so much time on it, i felt it was ashame not to post it.I know it will not get the votes, but it may help someone see chopping in a different way. there use to be a lot more comments on votes to help you leaarn. i hope it gets back to that.

goto to the beginning of any profile on here and you will see how much maturity is gained from then to now.

Keep chopping and ask questions

please dont go i just got here Sad

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:02 pm   Reply with quote         

jerryhami wrote:
its not the votes its the learning. CHOP FOR FUN........ once you do that, you have arrived. I entered a contest this week with a chop that needed a good hour and a half more work, but i had spent so much time on it, i felt it was ashame not to post it.I know it will not get the votes, but it may help someone see chopping in a different way. there use to be a lot more comments on votes to help you leaarn. i hope it gets back to that.

goto to the beginning of any profile on here and you will see how much maturity is gained from then to now.

Keep chopping and ask questions

please dont go i just got here Sad
LOL, well, for you I will stay thank you, and it really hasn't been about votes really, its just I am getting gunshy to post, cause they are usually messed up and often I don't see it Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:59 pm   Reply with quote         

[/quote] LOL, well, for you I will stay thank you, and it really hasn't been about votes really, its just I am getting gunshy to post, cause they are usually messed up and often I don't see it Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing[/quote]

post them anyway and ask for comments on areas your unsure of. when I first got here you didnt have to ask.

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:13 pm   Reply with quote         

...you got it jerry and thank you Wink

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:57 pm   Reply with quote         

With one or both hands? Waiting on further instructions! Laughing Laughing Laughing

johndownunder

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

~Sierranne~ wrote:

Hi Sierranne,

The PSC site has many artists contributing work that is instructive and that anyone can learn much from. In my opinion it's a great site providing a wide range of artistic styles that can be studied to enhance your knowledge and assist in the learning process. I am sure that most would agree their are two thing that make a great image technical skill and most importantly a good idea. It's important if you want to learn to disregard votes placings etc and not get disheartened.

Concentrate only on development and having fun with photoshop while exploring use of the program .Posting pics allows other to view your progress and assess your work while offering advice. When i joined PSC i did so after finding the site by accident and reviewing the art on display just blew me away. I quickly realised my initial work was not in the same ball park as others and that was a reflection of my lack of knowledge being a new user of photoshop. I did'nt get disheartened though i just realised that it would take skill development and hard work to achieve better images. It takes time and the most difficult aspect is always finding the most creative idea to pursue when constructing a chop. At the end of the day the main thing is to have fun and that's the reason most people become members to find satisfaction and enjoyment creating their art.

Dont be to hard on yourself and just keep practising and exploring ideas. As time goes by you will find improvements in your work will come especially if you have good ideas. Keep chopping you will be glad you did.

Regards JDU

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks everyone, will keep at it ... Smile

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:32 pm   Reply with quote         

~Sierranne~ wrote:
tpsimer wrote:

Agree and that is what I did too...but after many many entries and all the comments I get, it is just obvious to me my art sucks big time, and trust me not feeling sorry, I just know I cannot get better, my vision limits me tremendously seems silly I try sometimes lol, I mostly wanted to just enter and have a place to come each day and vote and learn. Why I say save the votes. Maybe not a bad idea to have contests for beginners, and contests for the seasoned pros. I feel sorry for them having to view my crap each day LOL, let me practice and if my vision gets corrected one day will be trying again Smile

Yep got me some bad eyes and I shake like a paint mixin machine...dont chop as much as I like but I still got a few left in me. What Im sayin here is, do it if ya want dont if ya dont want. Stay and chat until ya do want again...mmm...sounds like good advice from me...damn I am gettin old huh.

YerPalAl

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:21 am   Reply with quote         

Holding on to good people here is sometimes as important as chopping. Very Happy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Hold your votes! - Reply to topic