Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Hold your votes! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

shane.e.randall

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Everyone always has a lot to learn, especially me. Photoshop is a diverse program with a lot of tools. When I have time I like to check out tutorials on youtube, or look at other pieces and try to duplicate how a technique was done. Making the chop is best part in the long-run.

I agree with what YerPalAl said.
Also what TPsimer said.

Post Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks again, guys ...shane for replying, I just had few down days and the critiquing hit me harder than normal, my fault for acting like a girl, I will shut up and chop now, just pretend I never posted this LOL

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:42 am   Reply with quote         

johndownunder wrote:
~Sierranne~ wrote:
I want to thank everyone for the votes you have given me...it is obvious I have lot to learn before coming here and entering. I only have a few posts entered for the rest of the month, please just ignore them as I won't be entering anymore. You all take good care. I have some practicing to do Wink

Hi Sierranne,

The PSC site has many artists contributing work that is instructive and that anyone can learn much from. In my opinion it's a great site providing a wide range of artistic styles that can be studied to enhance your knowledge and assist in the learning process. I am sure that most would agree their are two thing that make a great image technical skill and most importantly a good idea. It's important if you want to learn to disregard votes placings etc and not get disheartened.

Concentrate only on development and having fun with photoshop while exploring use of the program .Posting pics allows other to view your progress and assess your work while offering advice. When i joined PSC i did so after finding the site by accident and reviewing the art on display just blew me away. I quickly realised my initial work was not in the same ball park as others and that was a reflection of my lack of knowledge being a new user of photoshop. I did'nt get disheartened though i just realised that it would take skill development and hard work to achieve better images. It takes time and the most difficult aspect is always finding the most creative idea to pursue when constructing a chop. At the end of the day the main thing is to have fun and that's the reason most people become members to find satisfaction and enjoyment creating their art.

Dont be to hard on yourself and just keep practising and exploring ideas. As time goes by you will find improvements in your work will come especially if you have good ideas. Keep chopping you will be glad you did.

Regards JDU

Well said John!

I was also a beginner at PS when I found this place and I have to say it heleped me so much in practicing and improving my skills. This is one of the reasons I went to study graphic design Smile I think it is a wonderfull place to learn from great people that know what they are talking about and give good advice. I understand the frustration of not getting feedback, as I often feel missunderstood around here. But you have to take the competetive element not too seriously, I mean, it's a good driving force to keep chopping but I always appreciated the comments and advice much more then the votes... sometimes this place tend to lean certain ways votewise but I think if you are confident in who you are as an artist you shouldn't take it too much to heart.

Anyways, I hope you get your confidence back and just have fun here Very Happy

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:16 am   Reply with quote         

I will, yes...its about fun for sure.

Just one thing, when you tell me my art sucks tell me why. So I can fix it.

I guess I came here thinking "art as impression" not "art has rules" my fault, I shifted gears now I am fine. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:13 am   Reply with quote         

Wink

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Cool Got It! Laughing Laughing Laughing Now chop damn it! Surprised Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Come on girl: chop till you drop!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1AQbY6lRiU[/youtube]

Live and learn, etc. etc. Wink

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Hold your votes! - Reply to topic