Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Norwegian newspaper at the internet - Reply to topic

ShootHerman

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:13 am   Reply with quote         

Please check this. Its todays news here in Norway:

http://www.vg.no/sport/racertalent-omkom-det-maa-ha-vaert-en-voldsom-smell/10144532/

The heading is written in norwegian. The heading says:

Racingtalent died:
It must have been a violent blow/crash.

And check the image that is used....! Its tragic-comical. How is it possible to use that image when a journalist writes about that case? Dont ask me why. Ask the norwegian newspaper vg.no.

Confused Shocked Surprised

ShootHerman

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:24 am   Reply with quote         

ShootHerman wrote:

http://www.vg.no/sport/racertalent-omkom-det-maa-ha-vaert-en-voldsom-smell/10144532/

Racingtalent died:

And check the image that is used....! Its tragic-comical. How is it possible to use that image when a journalist writes about that case? Dont ask me why. Ask the norwegian newspaper vg.no.

ShootHerman

It's out of respect that they show an image of him celebrating a victory. An image of the actual crash could be very disturbing to his family and friends.

ShootHerman

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
ShootHerman wrote:

Racingtalent died:

ShootHerman

It's out of respect that they show an image of him celebrating a victory. An image of the actual crash could be very disturbing to his family and friends.

If you look at the champagne bottle in the background it looks like its that thing that kills him.
Thats my point. Smile

SH

Post Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:01 am   Reply with quote         

On an different topic: Good luck to your countryman Magnus Carlsen! I've never seen a challenger to be seen as the favorite to win the world chess title!

ShootHerman

Post Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:20 am   Reply with quote         

NButler wrote:
On an different topic: Good luck to your countryman Magnus Carlsen! I've never seen a challenger to be seen as the favorite to win the world chess title!

Thx.Smile Magnus Carlsen is a unique chess talent. Its crazy but he is 22 years old but he has been in the news since he was 10-12 years old. Im not that into chess but chess is so worldwide "sport" so I know he is a known name out there.
He has even been a model for the denim brand G-Star together with Liv Tyler and Johnny Depp. Hahaha. Smile

Anyway, we'll soon find out who will be the next chess World Champion.

Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:23 pm   Reply with quote         

NButler wrote:

Hehe. Magnus Carlsen 4p vs Anand 2p in the World Championship in chess. Carlsen did win today also.
I have not seen a match of chess before. Now it is chess fever here in Norway. Every match is being sent live at norwegian broadcast TV. NButler, are you watching this?

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:25 am   Reply with quote         

Herman, yes I'm following the match. People at my chess club are putting there money on Carlsen!
I remember the chess mania here in the US when Bobby Fischer took the crown in '72.

ShootHerman

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:26 am   Reply with quote         

NButler wrote:
Herman, yes I'm following the match. People at my chess club are putting there money on Carlsen!
I remember the chess mania here in the US when Bobby Fischer took the crown in '72.

Good choice NButler. Very Happy Put your money on him to. You will be a rich man! Very Happy Laughing
Of course Carlsen will win!

Post Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:32 pm   Reply with quote         

NButler wrote:

Yes NButler? Shocked Very Happy
I hope you put some money on Carlsen? Laughing Laughing Shocked
People in Norway are going nuts here because of his victory. The chess-interest here in Norway was close to zero before the World championship. Now the chess apps at iTunes are the most downloaded in Norway and you cant buy a chessboard in a store no more. They dont got anymore in the stores. People got chessfever here in Norway. Laughing Laughing Laughing Confused

Post Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:58 am   Reply with quote         

Congrats to Carlsen! The new world champ. wIth his talent I think he'll hold the crown for years to come.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Norwegian newspaper at the internet - Reply to topic