Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - The 2014 Head To Head Tournament - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

TheShaman

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:42 am   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
#4: I am currently discussing a rules change with the mods that will essentially treat future surrender type entries as no shows.

I like this. Don't have time?
Take 10 more minutes out of your surrender and you can do a poor cut and paste.
Besides, you can have a pretty decent cut and paste chop done in less than an hour.

OneChiefRocker wrote:
can we look into adding "titles" to entries? Gracias!

no titles for entries.

work should be self explanatory.
like someone here told me long ago.

You shouldn't have to explain your work with a catchy title or a lengthy story in the authors notes.

a picture is worth a thousand words after all.

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:03 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
billtvshow wrote:
#4: I am currently discussing a rules change with the mods that will essentially treat future surrender type entries as no shows.

Besides, you can have a pretty decent cut and paste chop done in less than an hour.

OneChiefRocker wrote:

no titles for entries.

You shouldn't have to explain your work with a catchy title or a lengthy story in the authors notes.

Do you consider "entries" to be artwork? Is so, titles are needed! No "titles" are like eating cereal with a fork...yeah you can do it but, not have enjoyable as spoon. I agree about "description" and I do not consider "description" or notes to be a title. Not only are titles a bridge to the viewer, they are also part of the art. IMO.

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:22 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
The problem with this is the risk of 'non-english speaking' peoples accents showing through in my opinion...making it easier to identify artwork...

Also, in my opinion titles add a dynamic that takes away from the chop...often they are used to describe a chop and its story (I do this myself all the time). I think the image alone should be able to do all of that. Especially in the H2H, it should be chop v. chop, not chop and title v. chop and title.

Quote:
Agreed, I vote no on Proposition 342-A.1.1 to add titles to the H2H contestant entries.

But I do believe Sen. Watch them drift's comment about "non-English speaking" peoples is politically incorrect.
He should have stated "Non Merican speaking" got dang aliens from outer space!

Quote:
It's a bit early to be hitting the drink, mate. You have a problem. Wink

Only problem I ever have is running out of beer!

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:35 am   Reply with quote         

OneChiefRocker wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
billtvshow wrote:

OneChiefRocker wrote:

no titles for entries.

Do you consider "entries" to be artwork? Is so, titles are needed! No "titles" are like eating cereal with a fork...yeah you can do it but, not have enjoyable as spoon. I agree about "description" and I do not consider "description" or notes to be a title. Not only are titles a bridge to the viewer, they are also part of the art. IMO.

Maybe it's just me...
when I go to an art gallery, I look at the art.

Be Pablo Picasso. He named his shit: "Woman with folded arms"

van Gogh: "Starry Night"

DONT be Willem de Kooning – Police Gazette

IF I decide to look at what it's called, most times I say to myself? WTF!?! Or yep... that's exactly what that is.. A sunflower.

Is Kooning's piece interesting? sure. Does the title make any sense to me? no. Do I care now? not really.

Sure titles can be catchy or funny and can even convey what you're trying to get across.
Hell, I do it too (in the daily contests) cause I know it may sway your vote.

But should someone lose to a catchy title if you have no clue whats going on in the art?
I say for this type of contest... NO.
H2H is about Art vs Art. NOT Art vs Catchy Title

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:00 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
OneChiefRocker wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
billtvshow wrote:

OneChiefRocker wrote:

no titles for entries.

Maybe it's just me...

IF I decide to look at what it's called, most times I say to myself? WTF!?! Or yep... that's exactly what that is.. A sunflower.

Is Kooning's piece interesting? sure. Does the title make any sense to me? no. Do I care now? not really.

Sure titles can be catchy or funny and can even convey what you're trying to get across.

But should someone lose to a catchy title if you have no clue whats going on in the art?

Thanks for your explaination. Would you agree that a title is part of the art as much as a title for a song is still part of the song....or series.

...And do people lose to a catchy title or description? I'm intrigued by this. Why does PSC have this as an option in regular contests then. Should it not be just the "art vs art" (or posting order vs posting order) sake? What do you consider do be a catchy title. Thanks. You have an interesting point of view.

How about this one..."I'll play it first and tell you what it is later." - Miles Davis

Great discussion here! Rock on!

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:00 am   Reply with quote         

Nah, no titles needed. If the option is there, It leaves the chance for leaving clues to the chopper identity. Even though its fairly easy to tell until the higher rounds.

anfa

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:21 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
OneChiefRocker wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
billtvshow wrote:

OneChiefRocker wrote:

no titles for entries.

Maybe it's just me...

Many moons ago, I was at a Picasso exhibition in Newcastle and I burst out laughing when I read the title "Woman Pissing". It got funnier because when I moved on, other people were going straight to it to see what I was laughing at. Laughing

TheShaman

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:29 am   Reply with quote         

OneChiefRocker wrote:
What do you consider do be a catchy title. Thanks. You have an interesting point of view.

How about this one..."I'll play it first and tell you what it is later." - Miles Davis

sure. I'll use one of mine.

Old McDonald HAD a Farm

the entry is, in my opinion, one of my better ones. BUT with the catchy title, it finishes off the job.

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:54 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
OneChiefRocker wrote:
What do you consider do be a catchy title. Thanks. You have an interesting point of view.

sure. I'll use one of mine.

Old McDonald HAD a Farm

the entry is, in my opinion, one of my better ones. BUT with the catchy title, it finishes off the job.

Cool! Yeah that title helps the art!

Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:56 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
OneChiefRocker wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
billtvshow wrote:

OneChiefRocker wrote:

no titles for entries.

Maybe it's just me...

Many moons ago, I was at a Picasso exhibition in Newcastle and I burst out laughing when I read the title "Woman Pissing". It got funnier because when I moved on, other people were going straight to it to see what I was laughing at. Laughing

That's wicked awesome!......or the exhibition curator's staff, was fucking with their patrons! Laughing

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:15 am   Reply with quote         

Congratulations to my opponent. Good luck in the next round.

thantin

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:17 am   Reply with quote         

Thank you for your kindness , friends. Actually it is the " claf's " idea .. he is my teacher .. here his : http://photoshopcontest.com/page/reunion-2012
Smile

arcaico

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:27 am   Reply with quote         

New PSC Fun Facts:

You know the PSC voting standards gone crazy when the entry that says SORRY, NO TIME has more votes than you.

You know the PSC voting standards gone crazy when the entry that is a senseless overlay of the source has more votes than you.

You know the PSC voting standards gone crazy when you're not even the first most voted loser.

Anyway... good luck to the other players... see you in 2015.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

anfa

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:59 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
New PSC Fun Facts:

You know the PSC voting standards gone crazy when the entry that says SORRY, NO TIME has more votes than you.

You know the PSC voting standards gone crazy when the entry that is a senseless overlay of the source has more votes than you.

You know the PSC voting standards gone crazy when you're not even the first most voted loser.

Get the sand out of your vagina and lose gracefully.

TheShaman

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
arcaico wrote:
New PSC Fun Facts:

Get the sand out of your vagina and lose gracefully.

He's got a legit beef about his opponent not voting for him... Not a 'written rule' but it is kinda good form.
they would have tied otherwise.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - The 2014 Head To Head Tournament - Reply to topic