Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - New listing feature - Reply to topic

irgum

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:18 am   Reply with quote         

Dear PSC staff,

I think it be good feature if in the portfolio you can list rankings (first place forward and like that) too
I think is more important than the how many votes you got
I think is not too difficult code modifying
I hope we can use this option soon

Cheers: Irgum (David) Smile

Luxwiz

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:33 am   Reply with quote         

What do you mean by ranking ? Confused You already have the PSC score there,which is the best indicator of how you compare to the other members ...

shane.e.randall

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:52 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
What do you mean by ranking ? Confused You already have the PSC score there,which is the best indicator of how you compare to the other members ...

He means the filters for viewing someone portfolio I believe. Votes, Recent ect.

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:57 am   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:

He means the filters for viewing someone portfolio I believe. Votes, Recent ect.

Shane we already have those in our portfolios...but what does he mean by ranking ?

shane.e.randall

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:59 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
shane.e.randall wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:

Shane we already have those in our portfolios...but what does he mean by ranking ?

I think he wants an additional filter that would arrange the entries by what place they were in the contest. At least thats my understanding.

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:10 am   Reply with quote         

shane.e.randall wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:
shane.e.randall wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:

I think he wants an additional filter that would arrange the entries by what place they were in the contest. At least thats my understanding.

Well the first five places are already indicated on the thumbnail.And if you want to see where any particular image ranked in a comp you just have to click on it and go to that comp to see.If he means rank as in 1,2,3 etc. based on PSC scores (0-99,100-299 and 300 and up) the first 25 are already indicated in the Hall of Fame page.I just can't see ranking all 290,000 plus members by that system Shocked

seamusoisin

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:15 am   Reply with quote         

290000 members and an average of 15-16 post per contest. Something else is needed.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
irgum

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:06 am   Reply with quote         

sorry my English is poor
I meant the rankings when you see in the portfolio it has preference, votes, recent, favorites give a new option what is listing only your winner, 2nd place...5th place entries in order
that was my idea

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:09 am   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
290000 members and an average of 15-16 post per contest. Something else is needed.

Keep in mind that if you factor Candron out of the mix, you're left with about 85 unique members.

Luxwiz

Post Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:25 am   Reply with quote         

irgum wrote:
sorry my English is poor
I meant the rankings when you see in the portfolio it has preference, votes, recent, favorites give a new option what is listing only your winner, 2nd place...5th place entries in order
that was my idea

Ok now I see what you mean.Yeah that would be a good idea.To tell you the truth what really needs an upgrade is the actual system for moving your thumbnails around in preferences.Moving them one at a time is a royal pain in the butt. Facebook has a great method of moving the images around in an album,just hold it and place it in the place you choose.Maybe they could do the same...

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - New listing feature - Reply to topic