Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Im really curious.... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Michel

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:07 pm   Reply with quote         

My Photoshop is collecting dust in a corner, along with my mix tape collection and my BMX bike.

seamusoisin

Post Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:48 am   Reply with quote         

Michel wrote:
My Photoshop is collecting dust in a corner, along with my mix tape collection and my BMX bike.

8-Trak right.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
Martrex

Post Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:44 pm   Reply with quote         

seamusoisin wrote:
Michel wrote:

8-Trak right.

no Reel To Reel. With the disco music playing in the background. Very Happy

DaVinci

Post Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:10 am   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
seamusoisin wrote:
Michel wrote:

8-Trak right.

no Reel To Reel. With the disco music playing in the background. Very Happy

Real 2 Real?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyx4v1QFzhQ

st1n3r

Post Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:44 am   Reply with quote         

If you were to ask me... I would say that when we all got Facebook and had a new way to connect and chat the chat here died and then the contests did too.

But I was in jail when the a lot of this happened, so I am just guessing.

I can tell you that this site changed my life for the better, messing around here was the only thing I enjoyed that wasn't either harmful to my health or against the law...

Plus, I made friends from everywhere in the world, professionals who razzed me at times, partied with me at times (Splodge) from across the world (there were set nights/days to be in chat while drinking or whatever together, like a nerd party), but these people also taught me Photoshop.

Designers hung out here to be with other designers... and some of us wannabes!

I still come here to look and vote for all of the 6 entries on any given day, but I don't post anymore because life has changed.

I look back on the days when PCS was an addiction with very fond memories, I am grateful to have spent so much time here and met the dip-shits I have met and kept in my life (ANFA) .... you twatflap!

SWINGING BLADES LIKE A HELICOPTER

st1n3r

Post Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:00 am   Reply with quote         

.....And to the Cunts who said...

"Somebody shoot it in the head and put it out of it's misery."
and
"Lethal injection. Less to mop up" "seamusoisin"...really?
ReyRey?

Fuck it... I don't know who the first pussy was, but you two?
Rey, did you just get through some tough ass illness?

I am just saying... I WILL put a sick dog down, but you guys? Guessing your just gonna talk shit until you fight for your own fucking life.

I take back all I said... It's not Facebook or whatever.. Its the cunts everyone turned into.

st1n3r

Post Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:01 am   Reply with quote         

This site died when Splodge died.

Post Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:05 pm   Reply with quote         

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ[/youtube]

blue_lurker

Post Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:22 am   Reply with quote         

st1n3r wrote:
This site died when Splodge died.

Still cant eat a toblerone with out a tear in my eye Crying or Very sad

Luxwiz

Post Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:56 am   Reply with quote         

My ...
Worth !

bump my poem...

The Ol' PSC

as for PSC
what can one say.
so sad to see
and gets worse day to day.

our once thriving,creative home,
now feels lonelier than being alone,
reduced to a trickle of apathy.
so what has happened to PSC?

all things must pass,the wise men claim
it's law of life,no one to blame
so while you can and while you may
carpe diem...seize the day!

and if by chance one silent night,
a shooting star appears in sight.
"I wish I may, I wish I might
have this wish I wish tonight."

and if this wish,I wish for you
is really real and could come true,
I'd ask the god of cosmic time
to help me finish off this silly rhyme

like something lost that you finally find,
this voice appeared,inside my mind.
not sure if it was tomorrow or yesterday
but in a quiet whisper I heard it say,

"I know this may seem
like a soursweet dream
and it may be yours and mine
only for a very short time...

but with the power bestowed to me
I bring you back the ol' PSC !"
Smile

Gort

Post Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Be careful what you wish for. The ol' PSC was quite a different place.
When I joined many years ago you only had a few votes. You really looked at the images closely to see who made the cut. Now with so many votes it's like getting a participation trophy just for showing up. I kinda liked the old way better.

And the place was HARSH. If you posted an image with a poor cutout you would get comments like "hey...ever hear of the PEN TOOL?" The first thing you would do was check the images of the smack talker to see if he was talking shit or if he had skills. The harsh words made me wanna chop better.
Now I see lots of images with terrible cutouts and they get votes...nobody mentions or calls out subpar work. If you do you're considered a colossal dick.
I kinda liked the old way better.

It made you really want your image to be the best work that you could do cause the votes were precious. And when the cream rose to the top, you could study those pics. There were some fabulous artists that passed through here and I would stare at a great image and try to imagine what steps I would take to recreate it. There was alot of "how did they DO that?" followed by me losing all track of time trying different things. It was a great place to learn.

If that's the ol' PSC you want...somebody is gonna hafta start talkin' smack! Smile

blue_lurker

Post Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Gort wrote:
When I joined many years ago you only had a few votes. You really looked at the images closely to see who made the cut. Now with so many votes it's like getting a participation trophy just for showing up. I kinda liked the old way better.

And the place was HARSH. If you posted an image with a poor cutout you would get comments like "hey...ever hear of the PEN TOOL?" The first thing you would do was check the images of the smack talker to see if he was talking shit or if he had skills. The harsh words made me wanna chop better.
Now I see lots of images with terrible cutouts and they get votes...nobody mentions or calls out subpar work. If you do you're considered a colossal dick.

It made you really want your image to be the best work that you could do cause the votes were precious. And when the cream rose to the top, you could study those pics. There were some fabulous artists that passed through here and I would stare at a great image and try to imagine what steps I would take to recreate it. There was alot of "how did they DO that?" followed by me losing all track of time trying different things. It was a great place to learn.

If that's the ol' PSC you want...somebody is gonna hafta start talkin' smack! Smile

Man I got my ass handed to me so many times but...I also met some amazing talented people that took the time to teach me what to do right...and then they handed my ass back to me any way...I miss that side of here.

Mir

Post Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:49 am   Reply with quote         

I guess the only thing left to is STFU and start chopping again..............the more people start chopping the more people will come back. Very Happy
vicspa

Post Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:43 am   Reply with quote         

Gort wrote:

Sometimes that makes me wanna scream, ... But better to scream than being considered a colossal dick.

Luxwiz

Post Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:33 am   Reply with quote         

Gort wrote:

Totally agree with you Gort... especially the critique part,even though you are taking the time and effort to help they get pissed off at you Confused

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Im really curious.... - Reply to topic