Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - fair o unfair voting? me suggestion fo me lovely psc site - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

how about me voting system suggestions fo this lovely psc site..?

agree

33%

33%

[ 1 ]

thinking... please reply t - fair o unfair voting? me suggestion fo me lovely psc site topic - fo what ya r thinking...

66%

66%

[ 2 ]

Total Votes: 3

Post Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:07 am   Reply with quote         

me think psc s da best photo chop contest site in the internet.., simple design site but very effective n super fast loading n uploading.., the other site s heavy in design that make them slower n ve many many rules...

me ve some suggestions fo this me lovely psc site t make it better n biggest site in the internet... so these r some suggestions..:

- anonymous people o guests can vote n only can voting n can't see members name chops, profil, winning status, o others.., this s da most fairly voting system n ll make other people attract n wanna b member making this lovely psc site ve very large members...

- voting s not just fo members (register o non register members) which ve many popular chops, winning status, many friends, that can help them ve more more more votes, n me think this s not an objective voting n unfair voting... da chops ve t b anonymous chops till the end of contest everyday like anonymous chops n prize chops that can't see da chops member name till da contest ends..

- due t voting system s not da value voting system.., so all da 25 votings given can use all for one chop/pic.., more than 1 vote for 1 chop/pic... i.e... locxoul vote2x.. locxoul vote7x.. locxoul vote25x... this s da fair voting system...

me think that s all me suggestions fo now.., fo me lovely psc site, da best photo chop contest site in the internet...

TheShaman

Post Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Why are you so worried about votes?
You want your friends to come in and vote for your entries?
Theres a reason you have to chop 10 chops before you're allowed to vote.
Having the general public come in and just vote will lead to more 'cheating'

Quite frankly... Who really cares about votes other than for prize contests. BTW those are anon...

Seems like most, if not all the contests, the winner of that contest was really the best entry.
I don't see a lot of cheating the system where a non deserving entry wins...

Post Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:44 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:

Quite frankly... Who really cares about votes other than for prize contests. BTW those are anon...

Seems like most, if not all the contests, the winner of that contest was really the best entry.

me think ya r right bout cheating.., me good friends... anonymous people o guests (can ask friends t vote...), ya r trully right, me good friend... it can't b...

eventhough anon o prize contests, someone can cheat by telling n showing friends his/her pic in a contest to vote...

maybe da voting system s a very difficult problem t solve... there must be no status (leader, hall of fame, records holder o popular members), no search, no portfolio, no forum, no chat, and no pm in site design t avoid each other fo communicating, but if doing so, da design of da site s so empty, n we can't know each other, n that s not good... pheuhhh... it can't b solve... just a hope that no one s cheating in a contest...

it can't b solve...

Luxwiz

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:18 am   Reply with quote         

well now that there are not that many entries in the comps everyone could use up as many of their 25 votes as needed,vote for all of them and since all entries would have the same number of votes at the end, the first one entered would win...a good reason to get advantage and learn to speedchop Laughing

<senzotaku>

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:47 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
well now that there are not that many entries in the comps everyone could use up as many of their 25 votes as needed,vote for all of them and since all entries would have the same number of votes at the end, the first one entered would win...a good reason to get advantage and learn to speedchop Laughing

You mean 25 votes for each user, plus you can vote for the same entry multiple times? Shocked

That's in itself not a terrible idea, I guess...Laughing

st1n3r

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:39 am   Reply with quote         

If I had a chop for everytime someone started a thread about changing the the voting system...

SWINGING BLADES LIKE A HELICOPTER

<senzotaku>

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:03 am   Reply with quote         

locxoul wrote:
TheShaman wrote:

me think ya r right bout cheating.., me good friends... anonymous people o guests (can ask friends t vote...), ya r trully right, me good friend... it can't b...

eventhough anon o prize contests, someone can cheat by telling n showing friends his/her pic in a contest to vote...

maybe da voting system s a very difficult problem t solve... there must be no status (leader, hall of fame, records holder o popular members), no search, no portfolio, no forum, no chat, and no pm in site design t avoid each other fo communicating, but if doing so, da design of da site s so empty, n we can't know each other, n that s not good... pheuhhh... it can't b solve... just a hope that no one s cheating in a contest...

it can't b solve...

Indeed, votes from nepotism or bad judgement is very hard to tackle. Maybe some extreme cases, so you have to vote at least three entries or a percentage (otherwise you can't vote). And with a more detailed review, a rating for effort, humor, idea, theme, creativity, execution, originality, details etc, for a total figure, and everybody can see this voting behavior. And if it differs a lot from the rest (the voting details and how often / who you vote ) it's noted as 'suspicious'... Surprised

Haha, I was thinking up loud, we need a rocket scientist over here to code this kind of stuff... Laughing

<senzotaku>

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:04 am   Reply with quote         

st1n3r wrote:
If I had a chop for everytime someone started a thread about changing the the voting system...

Laughing

Luxwiz

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:25 am   Reply with quote         

<senzotaku> wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:

You mean 25 votes for each user, plus you can vote for the same entry multiple times? Shocked

no I mean one vote per entry but everyone vote for every entry in the comp,that way nobody would have a reason to complain that nobody votes for them,and since all entries would have the same number and be tied in votes at the end of the comp,the quickest chop entered would be the winner.The loosers could not blame the voting system,they would only have themselves to blame for not getting advantage and being a slow chopper Banana mind you the quality of the winning chops would leave a lot to be desired Laughing

<senzotaku>

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:51 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
<senzotaku> wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:

no I mean one vote per entry but everyone vote for every entry in the comp,that way nobody would have a reason to complain that nobody votes for them,and since all entries would have the same number and be tied in votes at the end of the comp,the quickest chop entered would be the winner.The loosers could not blame the voting system,they would only have themselves to blame for not getting advantage and being a slow chopper Banana mind you the quality of the winning chops would leave a lot to be desired Laughing

Haha, than the winner must be the fastest in browser refreshing, clicking and uploading an image... Laughing

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:20 am   Reply with quote         

ya r all r trully right.., all me good friends... shame on me... hehehe...

maybe....... only 1 vote given to vote, so only can vote 1x just fo da best......? maybe....... maybe....... maybe.......

TheShaman

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:47 am   Reply with quote         

st1n3r wrote:

^^^^
THIS

Laughing Banana

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:07 am   Reply with quote         

The idea of the first entry wins is not fair to the people that still have to work for a living. The contests start at 2PM here in EU when most people are still at work.
Iīve also noticed that, a lot of the time, the earliest entries get the most votes. Iīm not saying that they donīt deserve them but there are a lot of late entries that deserve more votes as well. Why not start the voting AFTER the contest has ended? That way non advantage members have an (almost) equal chance of winning. That will, imho, motivate more people to participate and ultimately provide more paying members.

Luxwiz

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:13 am   Reply with quote         

how about thumbs up vote,thumbs down vote or no vote... at the end of the comp take away the thumbs down from the thumbs up to get the final vote tally.With this system someone could actually win with zero votes Razz

Luxwiz

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:16 am   Reply with quote         

SendasDesign wrote:
The idea of the first entry wins is not fair to the people that still have to work for a living. The contests start at 2PM here in EU when most people are still at work.
Iīve also noticed that, a lot of the time, the earliest entries get the most votes. Iīm not saying that they donīt deserve them but there are a lot of late entries that deserve more votes as well. Why not start the voting AFTER the contest has ended? That way non advantage members have an (almost) equal chance of winning. That will, imho, motivate more people to participate and ultimately provide more paying members.

Yeah but the reason it is called advantage is just that so that people that pay have an advantage over non paying members... itīs an incentive to get people to pay and the site can get some income Smile

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - fair o unfair voting? me suggestion fo me lovely psc site - Reply to topic