Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - fair o unfair voting? me suggestion fo me lovely psc site - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

how about me voting system suggestions fo this lovely psc site..?

agree

33%

33%

[ 1 ]

thinking... please reply t - fair o unfair voting? me suggestion fo me lovely psc site topic - fo what ya r thinking...

66%

66%

[ 2 ]

Total Votes: 3

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:40 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
SendasDesign wrote:
The idea of the first entry wins is not fair to the people that still have to work for a living. The contests start at 2PM here in EU when most people are still at work.
Iīve also noticed that, a lot of the time, the earliest entries get the most votes. Iīm not saying that they donīt deserve them but there are a lot of late entries that deserve more votes as well. Why not start the voting AFTER the contest has ended? That way non advantage members have an (almost) equal chance of winning. That will, imho, motivate more people to participate and ultimately provide more paying members.

Yeah but the reason it is called advantage is just that so that people that pay have an advantage over non paying members... itīs an incentive to get people to pay and the site can get some income Smile

@SendasDesign, me good friend - like da other contest sites me d known, so many many rules, hehehe, but me only love this lovely psc site... psc s da best contest site in the internet...

@Luxwiz, me good friend - ya r totally right, n me am really trully agree with ya, fo da living of this lovely psc site...

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:44 am   Reply with quote         

but....... how bout....... only 1 vote given for voting......? this ll make someone waiting fo da late entry that maybe more deserve than da sooner entry to vote....... dunno....... maybe....... maybe....... maybe.......

supak0ma

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:46 am   Reply with quote         

<senzotaku> wrote:
locxoul wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
Why are you so worried about votes?
You want your friends to come in and vote for your entries?
Theres a reason you have to chop 10 chops before you're allowed to vote.
Having the general public come in and just vote will lead to more 'cheating'

Quite frankly... Who really cares about votes other than for prize contests. BTW those are anon...

Seems like most, if not all the contests, the winner of that contest was really the best entry.
I don't see a lot of cheating the system where a non deserving entry wins...

me think ya r right bout cheating.., me good friends... anonymous people o guests (can ask friends t vote...), ya r trully right, me good friend... it can't b...

eventhough anon o prize contests, someone can cheat by telling n showing friends his/her pic in a contest to vote...

maybe da voting system s a very difficult problem t solve... there must be no status (leader, hall of fame, records holder o popular members), no search, no portfolio, no forum, no chat, and no pm in site design t avoid each other fo communicating, but if doing so, da design of da site s so empty, n we can't know each other, n that s not good... pheuhhh... it can't b solve... just a hope that no one s cheating in a contest...

it can't b solve...

Indeed, votes from nepotism or bad judgement is very hard to tackle. Maybe some extreme cases, so you have to vote at least three entries or a percentage (otherwise you can't vote). And with a more detailed review, a rating for effort, humor, idea, theme, creativity, execution, originality, details etc, for a total figure, and everybody can see this voting behavior. And if it differs a lot from the rest (the voting details and how often / who you vote ) it's noted as 'suspicious'... Surprised

Haha, I was thinking up loud, we need a rocket scientist over here to code this kind of stuff... Laughing

oh my where is a similar system employed? The perfect voting system does not exist, but you can make an effort to get close to it. You want it to be more fair? you need more rules. Live with it. Smile

TheShaman

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:56 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:

oh my where is a similar system employed? The perfect voting system does not exist, but you can make an effort to get close to it. You want it to be more fair? you need more rules. Live with it. Smile

#notmywinner

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:07 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
<senzotaku> wrote:
locxoul wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
Why are you so worried about votes?
You want your friends to come in and vote for your entries?
Theres a reason you have to chop 10 chops before you're allowed to vote.
Having the general public come in and just vote will lead to more 'cheating'

Quite frankly... Who really cares about votes other than for prize contests. BTW those are anon...

Seems like most, if not all the contests, the winner of that contest was really the best entry.
I don't see a lot of cheating the system where a non deserving entry wins...

me think ya r right bout cheating.., me good friends... anonymous people o guests (can ask friends t vote...), ya r trully right, me good friend... it can't b...

eventhough anon o prize contests, someone can cheat by telling n showing friends his/her pic in a contest to vote...

maybe da voting system s a very difficult problem t solve... there must be no status (leader, hall of fame, records holder o popular members), no search, no portfolio, no forum, no chat, and no pm in site design t avoid each other fo communicating, but if doing so, da design of da site s so empty, n we can't know each other, n that s not good... pheuhhh... it can't b solve... just a hope that no one s cheating in a contest...

it can't b solve...

Indeed, votes from nepotism or bad judgement is very hard to tackle. Maybe some extreme cases, so you have to vote at least three entries or a percentage (otherwise you can't vote). And with a more detailed review, a rating for effort, humor, idea, theme, creativity, execution, originality, details etc, for a total figure, and everybody can see this voting behavior. And if it differs a lot from the rest (the voting details and how often / who you vote ) it's noted as 'suspicious'... Surprised

Haha, I was thinking up loud, we need a rocket scientist over here to code this kind of stuff... Laughing

@supak0ma, me good friend - yes... yes... yes... da perfect voting system does not exist... agree... agree... agree... n da voting system problem can't be solve... me still think fo da best - can only vote 1 time... maybe... but dunno...

supak0ma

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:07 am   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
supak0ma wrote:

#notmywinner

have you even made an effort? Confused

SendasDesign

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:22 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
Yeah but the reason it is called advantage is just that so that people that pay have an advantage over non paying members... itīs an incentive to get people to pay and the site can get some income Smile

I do get that but it doesn't seem fair to me that the first few entries get the most votes. Maybe there should be a speedchop contest as well then. Otherwise, as mentioned here before "...mind you the quality of the winning chops would leave a lot to be desired".

Post Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes, first few entries get the most votes mostly as they are done by advantage (having/using) members, but also because of general inactivity. It wouldn't be the same if there was 30-40 votes per entry (as it was way back). But on other hand i found this challenging at the beginning (2009), as speed is also crucial in PS if you tend to use it heavy or professionally...but, this place is so relaxed that your options are limited by your personal imagination. Besides anonymous contests, there are speed chops also, but if you don't like any of that, post your suggestion right here in forum and organize your own event as many times before: Just a duel between two members (dome), polls instead of votes, chose a date (if it's not taken) of some speed chop and spice it up to something different, day of cool of period for votes for example... what ever you can think of basically Smile That's why I'll never leave this ghost town - no suffocating, binding rules or domineering narcissists swarming over some cup of gold Cool

Post Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:44 am   Reply with quote         

BSmatic wrote:
Yes, first few entries get the most votes mostly as they are done by advantage (having/using) members, but also because of general inactivity. It wouldn't be the same if there was 30-40 votes per entry (as it was way back). But on other hand i found this challenging at the beginning (2009), as speed is also crucial in PS if you tend to use it heavy or professionally...but, this place is so relaxed that your options are limited by your personal imagination. Besides anonymous contests, there are speed chops also, but if you don't like any of that, post your suggestion right here in forum and organize your own event as many times before: Just a duel between two members (dome), polls instead of votes, chose a date (if it's not taken) of some speed chop and spice it up to something different, day of cool of period for votes for example... what ever you can think of basically Smile That's why I'll never leave this ghost town - no suffocating, binding rules or domineering narcissists swarming over some cup of gold Cool

@BSmatic me good friend - yes... yes... yes... a duel between two members (dome), polls instead of votes... love it... love it... love it... hehehe.. very love it.....

Luxwiz

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:11 am   Reply with quote         

locxoul me good friend... you cast only one vote out of 24 entries in the reunion comp and you question the fairness or validity of the voting system at PSC with this topic ??? am I missing something here ! Glad there are still mysteries in the world or it would be a pretty boring,depressing and sad life right ! me good friend can't decide whether to laugh or cry Confused Raising Brow Crying or Very sad Laughing Hug

Post Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
you cast only one vote out of 24 entries in the reunion comp and you question the fairness or validity of the voting system at PSC with this topic ???

It can be a simple statement: If I don't believe voting system works properly - i do not need to use it at all.
Is it self destructive here? absolutely! but it's not necessarily contradictory

Post Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:49 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
locxoul me good friend... you cast only one vote out of 24 entries in the reunion comp and you question the fairness or validity of the voting system at PSC with this topic ???

@Luxwiz me good friend... nay.., nay.., nay... this topic s not fo questioning the fairness or validity of the voting system at this me lovely PSC, but bout me suggestion fo getting da best of da best voting system t make this me lovely PSC da best contest site with da best voting system... but ya see, da fairness of voting system can not b solved... even in real life...

one vote given s fo da best/wow picture... me think.., maybe.., but dunno.., s da best choice t make da best voting system... just 1 vote given t da member, n just vote 1 wow pic entry out of many entries...

... this... s... just... me... suggestion...

Luxwiz

Post Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:24 am   Reply with quote         

locxoul wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:
locxoul me good friend... you cast only one vote out of 24 entries in the reunion comp and you question the fairness or validity of the voting system at PSC with this topic ???

@Luxwiz me good friend... nay.., nay.., nay... this topic s not fo questioning the fairness or validity of the voting system at this me lovely PSC, but bout me suggestion fo getting da best of da best voting system t make this me lovely PSC da best contest site with da best voting system... but ya see, da fairness of voting system can not b solved... even in real life...

one vote given s fo da best/wow picture... me think.., maybe.., but dunno.., s da best choice t make da best voting system... just 1 vote given t da member, n just vote 1 wow pic entry out of many entries...

... this... s... just... me... suggestion...

I don't think I completely understand your logic here... I think a good voting system is any voting system where people vote honestly and fairly for a chop that is obviously well done in any of the given categories regardless of or w/o being influenced by who did the chop... Dont really know what you mean by ... "one vote given s fo da best/wow picture" cause I can't believe you didn't think any of the other 23 chops weren't worthy of a vote.IMO in this comp there were a lot of,as you say "wow pictures".You see If everyone that entered the contest used your criteria "da best choice t make da best voting system... just 1 vote given t da member, n just vote 1 wow pic entry out of many entries..."
and just cast one vote each,you are given 25 votes to use after all, there would have been very few total votes in the comp and this reunion comp would have appeared to be a bit of failure,don't you think ? and "our lovely PSC site"would have one more nail in it's coffin... don't take me wrong and I'm just expressing my opinion but you really didn't do much to help support our lovely PSC site and make the reunion contest a success by only casting one vote and thus contributing to this shitty voting system you are questioning...

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - fair o unfair voting? me suggestion fo me lovely psc site - Reply to topic