Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Prize contest - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Lynnette0807

Post Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Is this photoshopnation.com like PhotoshopContest.com? Or is this something else?

Post Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:57 am   Reply with quote         

Tarmac wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:
Hey Nick you haven't done a chop here for over 5 years and your still advantage.Why not join in sometime for old times sake Razz

i got lifetime Razz and why would i join? i left for a reason Wink

If you left, why are you in the PSC forum? Why are you out to damage PSC with these posts?

yes, i'm damaging psc by giving out a cash prize, please! if anything i revived this place a bit. You should be thankful. Anyone is free to participate and then come back here if they like so. Please explain how am i damaging this place. I've done so much free work here you have no idea, just out of love, it's time for psc to give something back.

supak0ma

Post Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:58 am   Reply with quote         

Lynnette0807 wrote:
Is this photoshopnation.com like PhotoshopContest.com? Or is this something else?

Lynnette just follow the link and you'll find out! Wink

supak0ma

Post Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:00 am   Reply with quote         

and BTW, Tarmac, the prize is offered by a PSC member! the irony? Laughing

Luxwiz

Post Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:55 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
Tarmac wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:
Hey Nick you haven't done a chop here for over 5 years and your still advantage.Why not join in sometime for old times sake Razz

If you left, why are you in the PSC forum? Why are you out to damage PSC with these posts?

yes, i'm damaging psc by giving out a cash prize, please! if anything i revived this place a bit. You should be thankful. Anyone is free to participate and then come back here if they like so. Please explain how am i damaging this place. I've done so much free work here you have no idea, just out of love, it's time for psc to give something back.

well it`s given me back quite a lot I`ve won about about $ 800 here in prize comps in the last few years (not to speak for Vic lol).... I imagine it would probably take a lot longer to win that much at your site ? Oh and how did you get your lifetime advantage,you must have won that too,that`s a pretty good prize.so you can't say PSC isn't good to it's members,by participating a bit of skill,work and maybe some luck you do have a chance to win prize money here...$50 for one contest a week isn't too bad.

Tarmac

Post Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Tarmac wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:

well it`s given me back quite a lot I`ve won about about $ 800 here in prize comps in the last few years (not to speak for Vic lol).... I imagine it would probably take a lot longer to win that much at your site ? Oh and how did you get your lifetime advantage,you must have won that too,that`s a pretty good prize.so you can't say PSC isn't good to it's members,by participating a bit of skill,work and maybe some luck you do have a chance to win prize money here...$50 for one contest a week isn't too bad.

How are you damaging this place? You're kidding?

Branding confusion for one. Lynnette, above, just asked what the difference was between the two similarly named brands. In the field of trademark disputes, you are on thin ice should the owners of PSC want to sue for damages. And they'd win.

Two, You are purposely scraping the PSC forum for any traffic that is reading this post to flow over to the competing brand's site. Knowing full well, the traffic is not yours, not without first paying PSC for it in the form of a static ad placement or another arrangement with the owners.

Three, once brand damage has occurred to PSC through brand confusion or diversion, the damage is permanent. New traffic once intended for PSC is gone.

That's the damage you're doing. I hope that answers your question.

anfa

Post Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Tarmac wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Tarmac wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:

Branding confusion for one. Lynnette, above, just asked what the difference was between the two similarly named brands. In the field of trademark disputes, you are on thin ice should the owners of PSC want to sue for damages. And they'd win.

Two, You are purposely scraping the PSC forum for any traffic that is reading this post to flow over to the competing brand's site. Knowing full well, the traffic is not yours, not without first paying PSC for it in the form of a static ad placement or another arrangement with the owners.

Three, once brand damage has occurred to PSC through brand confusion or diversion, the damage is permanent. New traffic once intended for PSC is gone.

Fucking hell, I thought you were dead. The last I knew of you was Facebook pics of you in hospital. Good to know you are alive and kicking, brother. Smile

Tarmac

Post Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:56 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Tarmac wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Tarmac wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:

Fucking hell, I thought you were dead. The last I knew of you was Facebook pics of you in hospital. Good to know you are alive and kicking, brother. Smile

Like Timex, I just keep on tick'n. Smile

supak0ma

Post Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:02 am   Reply with quote         

Tarmac wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Tarmac wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:

Do you really believe this? There's maybe three or four PSC users that post on my website, and they seldom do. What would be all this traffic or business "stolen"? What i wanted to do was offer you guys an ulterior opportunity to win some cash, there is plenty of space on the internet for both websites, and one doesn't exclude the other. As i said before, i've helped and i am still helping this place by bringing old members "back to life". I don't understand the hostility, i have paid this advertisement in full through work, you don't seem to grasp that concept, Procyon was supposed to pay for the work done, he disappeared. When and if you play in the next tournament, please think about me because i did that, for free apparently. I done many many other things, for free, you have no idea. Why don't the mods delete this thread? Why don't the owners delete this thread? Please do so! i don't give a fuck, this is what happens when you try to do good, it gets thrown in your face! I couldn't care less about the traffic you mention, there's no traffic anyway for these kind of websites, there's no search hits. I thought old friends would help another old friend in their endeavour, maybe i was wrong and naive by thinking so. If you look closely at how my website works, you'll notice that there really is no margin for profit, i'd be lucky if it can pay the expenses, which it doesn't. I created a playground for you guys, a new toy to play with. You don't like it? fine. But don't lecture me on branding and stealing and scraping. I've earned the right to come here and promote my website. What have you ever done for PSC?

supak0ma

Post Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:09 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Tarmac wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:

My website is not about money, in fact it doesn't even generate money, it was never meant to, i have other sources of income. The little money involved in the contests is distributed between the patrticipants. If all you care about is money then please stay here and enjoy your ephemeral wins. You know well you could never win that money if this place was alive. Money is what ruined this place. Enjoy it.

Post Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:40 pm   Reply with quote         

"You know well you could never win that money if this place was alive".
----------
Can't argue with that.
I can't add a pertinent youtube clip...i'm still in the re-entry phase. (need 10 entries).

Hug

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Prize contest - Reply to topic