Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - 2 votes for 1 entry in addition to single vote enteies - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Choose one entry to give 2 votes in addition to 25 typical single votes.

Agree

33%

33%

[ 5 ]

Disagree

66%

66%

[ 10 ]

Total Votes: 15

Post Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

OK... I like the fact that we have 20+ votes to use in one contest and Id like to keep it that way. But Id like it even better if we could each choose one entry in each contest that we feel stands out omong the others we vote for. I think it would make the process a bit more interesting.

I think its at least worth a disscussion. Anyone else agree?

vicspa

Post Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:19 pm   Reply with quote         

A vote on a scale of 1-10 would be a hell of a lot better.

shane.e.randall

Post Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:15 pm   Reply with quote         

vicspa wrote:

I agree. But Chowdah man's idea is not all bad. I don't really think anything is going to change around here to be honest.

Post Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:41 am   Reply with quote         

ok I'll give the dead horse a few flogs... all contests anonymous,1 to 10 voting scale and weighted voting depending on the psc score of the voter,as well as obligatory voting on every entry for a given contest for all members that enter that given contest is imo the fairest ,if not the best system.As for choosing one entry that stands out you can do that in the comment section,as well as fav the entry.With the voting system proposed here you wouldn't need to do this and may even complicate things if someone decides to take revenge on some other member cause they never vote for them. Laughing Someone else flog now Smile

vicspa

Post Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:32 am   Reply with quote         

My whip just broke, I'm going to take a break and go piss against the wind.

Post Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:03 am   Reply with quote         

I put my faith in a cup of black coffee and a piece of chocolate cake.

UntExp

Post Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:08 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
ok I'll give the dead horse a few flogs... all contests anonymous,1 to 10 voting scale and weighted voting depending on the psc score of the voter,as well as obligatory voting on every entry for a given contest for all members that enter that given contest is imo the fairest ,if not the best system.As for choosing one entry that stands out you can do that in the comment section,as well as fav the entry.With the voting system proposed here you wouldn't need to do this and may even complicate things if someone decides to take revenge on some other member cause they never vote for them. Laughing Some else flog now Smile

already exists a site with a similar voting system...but better Razz

supak0ma

Post Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:25 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma

Post Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:28 am   Reply with quote         

UntExp wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:
ok I'll give the dead horse a few flogs... all contests anonymous,1 to 10 voting scale and weighted voting depending on the psc score of the voter,as well as obligatory voting on every entry for a given contest for all members that enter that given contest is imo the fairest ,if not the best system.As for choosing one entry that stands out you can do that in the comment section,as well as fav the entry.With the voting system proposed here you wouldn't need to do this and may even complicate things if someone decides to take revenge on some other member cause they never vote for them. Laughing Some else flog now Smile

already exists a site with a similar voting system...but better Razz

and imagine: there's someone that actually reads and listens to what their users have to say! Now isn't that neat Laughing

Luxwiz

Post Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:22 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:

I saw the horse move,I think it's still alive Laughing

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:32 am   Reply with quote         

Hmmm.. yes. I dig the scale 1 - 10 vote idea. Certainly better than current.

Still not sure if better than my idea though... ones opinion of where an entry should be on the 1 - 10 scale may, and often would change as the contest gains entries. If another perfect 10 should come along, thats the same as casting a single vote for two different entries. It forces one to cancel out his or her vote.

Being able to cast a single vote to all worthy entries but still have that one extra vote to cast in the end for your decided super dooper fav would create a more exciting,
suspenseful dynamic to each contest.

This privilige could even be given to paying members only. Hey... why not?

You know... we could even make our own damn website if they are too lazy to make changes for their very loyal, paying members. Our turn to collect the billions and billions.

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:41 am   Reply with quote         

vicspa wrote:
YEP

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:46 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:

Ha hah... leave it to you to come up with that one, Lux. That would obviously be completely unfair to any new(er) member. They would have to be a member for 30+ years to catch up to you god damn vote hoars. You just want more brown noses up your old ass.

Luxwiz

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:53 am   Reply with quote         

itsCHOWDAH wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:

Ha hah... leave it to you to come up with that one, Lux. That would obviously be completely unfair to any new(er) member. They would have to be a member for 30+ years to catch up to you god damn vote hoars. You just want more brown noses up your old ass.

why would that be unfair to new members or anyone in that case since the contests would be anonymous and you dont know who you are voting for? you don't get it,the weighted voting would give more value to the vote cast BY the experienced member with a higher PSC score (someone who knows a good chop from a bad one)TO the entry and LESS value to a vote cast by a newbie or less experienced member with a lower PSC score (someone who knows less what makes a good chop) to the entry,thus making the voting fairer.A vote by someone just starting to chop should not have equal value as a vote cast by a member with many years experience and a high PSC score.Oh and Hore should be spelt Whore

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:33 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
itsCHOWDAH wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:

why would that be unfair to new members or anyone in that case since the contests would be anonymous and you dont know who you are voting for? you don't get it,the weighted voting would give more value to the vote cast BY the experienced member with a higher PSC score (someone who knows a good chop from a bad one)TO the entry and LESS value to a vote cast by a newbie or less experienced member with a lower PSC score (someone who knows less what makes a good chop) to the entry,thus making the voting fairer.A vote by someone just starting to chop should not have equal value as a vote cast by a member with many years experience and a high PSC score.Oh and Hore should be spelt Whore

New members can be very good and also a lot of experience, so i say 1- 10 votes, and all anonymus. Also with the low entries and votes it would take years to become a high psc score

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - 2 votes for 1 entry in addition to single vote enteies - Reply to topic