Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Most of you are lazy - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:51 am   Reply with quote         

Why do you look at a contest and do not vote? Are you lazy or what?
A hand full of people are prepared to make entries and what do you do, just look and skip on.
Do you take part of a contest and dont vote, why?? Do you want to win and hope the little amount of votes will let you win, or what?
Come on people if you want to let this place work again with at least 20 entries a day , VOTE !!!
This will motivate people to create stuff and has a minimum of thx for what they do

So all youre Lazy asses, Push the vote button and if necessary leave a comment, IF you dont, this place will Die.
Last weeks a few old members came back, SO dont spoil this.

Wake up

Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

And more;
This is a contest website, where people make ps works and try to do there best and win or get on top.
Most newbies come and learn and become better in there works.
many years ago there were some great choppers here, like anfa, MB , arcaico, etc ( sorry i dont mention your name )

Isnt it boring that mostly the same persons win the prices??? YES , so do something about it, do better and work harder to beat them

WAKE UP and start working at it, or please GO away and sleep on

Lynnette0807

Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing This should start motivating some!

Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Lynnette0807 wrote:
Laughing Laughing This should start motivating some!
read it again and dont laugh.
Now chopie on madam Laughing

Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:42 pm   Reply with quote         

I am not la

Tawiskaro

Post Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:54 pm   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:
I am not la

My God! Someone killed Tracy!

Laughing

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:33 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
tadams wrote:
I am not la

My God! Someone killed Tracy!

Laughing

Laughing

Luxwiz

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:18 am   Reply with quote         

I vote what imho deserves a vote but not gonna vote just for the sake of increasing the vote count,as should most members.Maybe the reason people are voting less is because the work is not up to a worthy levels, ¿ people getting lazy and doing sub par work ? Just cut and paste and enter whatever type of chops. I think if the quality of chops improve the nº of votes should also go up,not as in the old days because there just isn't the participants or viewers there used to be but relatively more...I do believe members WILL vote for an honestly really good chop.So members should work harder to improve the execution,get novel ideas and humor and I´m sure the votes will come...

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:15 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
I vote what imho deserves a vote but not gonna vote just for the sake of increasing the vote count,as should most members.Maybe the reason people are voting less is because the work is not up to a worthy levels, ¿ people getting lazy and doing sub par work ? Just cut and paste and enter whatever type of chops. I think if the quality of chops improve the nº of votes should also go up,not as in the old days because there just isn't the participants or viewers there used to be but relatively more...I do believe members WILL vote for an honestly really good chop.So members should work harder to improve the execution,get novel ideas and humor and I´m sure the votes will come...
Good point

YerPalAl

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:25 pm   Reply with quote         

WHAT!?!

You call us lazy?

. . . . . well, I'd answer this but . . . . . Huh..

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:34 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
WHAT!?!

You call us lazy?

. . . . . well, I'd answer this but . . . . . Huh..

I didnt say you or others are lazy, i pointed my finger at those who dont vote at all

<senzotaku>

Post Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:35 am   Reply with quote         

candron wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:
Good point

I find myself sometimes voting based on quality/amount of all contest entries in general. For instance, giving all four participants in a contest a vote, because all those entries have acceptable quality. I mean when there're no clear shiners and/or 'failures' compared to all the rest. Mostly (on average) I just vote a third/second of all members involved.

Candron has a point, when someone participates in a contest, but doesn't vote in the same contest. It's unconcerned, but understandable in a way. When I'm participating - with other entries with equal quality or maybe even better (according to me) - it's sometimes against all knowledge; giving 'opponents' votes while I'm also 'competing' in the same contest. By example it's also not a common rule in sports or games. But I admit right away, the other side is somewhat slackness. Voting others in H2H on PSC is very usual, wishing each other good luck. Nothing wrong with kindness of course, while maybe (strictly spoken) you would't give a vote right away. Voting isn't an obligation of course.

But nowadays, I guess we 'should' give entries somehow more support; because in comparison with the old days the quantity combined with quality is way lesser. Back than, 25 votes was a little and really a consideration with 60-80 entries for each day. Realizing the difference between those periods is maybe worth considering for giving more support.

Luxwiz is also right about the voting for the sake of voting. Mindless voting without skill... would result into a crapshoot, or something like that. Like poker tournaments I played myself. I had a friend once and he only played for the action, very amusing and mostly he lost and smiled about it. His dedication actually kept the game going for that matter. Only without the striving and dexterity to win, he needed luck most of the time.

Poker and PSC are both comparable in a way, I guess. Because both have working and competing, with leisure and enjoyment in the participating. In the meanwhile... I could made an entry instead of typing a whole story. Anyway, my plan is getting advantage very soon.

And for the sake of once and again; I will STFUAC right about now... Laughing

Tawiskaro

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:09 am   Reply with quote         

<senzotaku> wrote:

I find myself sometimes voting based on quality/amount of all contest entries in general. For instance, giving all four participants in a contest a vote, because all those entries have acceptable quality. I mean when there're no clear shiners and/or 'failures' compared to all the rest. Mostly (on average) I just vote a third/second of all members involved.

Candron has a point, when someone participates in a contest, but doesn't vote in the same contest. It's unconcerned, but understandable in a way. When I'm participating - with other entries with equal quality or maybe even better (according to me) - it's sometimes against all knowledge; giving 'opponents' votes while I'm also 'competing' in the same contest. By example it's also not a common rule in sports or games. But I admit right away, the other side is somewhat slackness. Voting others in H2H on PSC is very usual, wishing each other good luck. Nothing wrong with kindness of course, while maybe (strictly spoken) you would't give a vote right away. Voting isn't an obligation of course.

But nowadays, I guess we 'should' give entries somehow more support; because in comparison with the old days the quantity combined with quality is way lesser. Back than, 25 votes was a little and really a consideration with 60-80 entries for each day. Realizing the difference between those periods is maybe worth considering for giving more support.

Luxwiz is also right about the voting for the sake of voting. Mindless voting without skill... would result into a crapshoot, or something like that. Like poker tournaments I played myself. I had a friend once and he only played for the action, very amusing and mostly he lost and smiled about it. His dedication actually kept the game going for that matter. Only without the striving and dexterity to win, he needed luck most of the time.

Poker and PSC are both comparable in a way, I guess. Because both have working and competing, with leisure and enjoyment in the participating. In the meanwhile... I could made an entry instead of typing a whole story. Anyway, my plan is getting advantage very soon.

And for the sake of once and again; I will STFUAC right about now... Laughing

An interesting perspective.

In the money contests, I will not vote if I have an entry. With so few participants it is suicidal, though I made a recent exception. In money contests in which I have no entry, I try to vote for the best one or two--if the quality is close. In daily contests, I will vote to encourage newbies, but not at the expense of a clear winner--if I can help it. I will refrain from voting for a lame entry by someone I know to be capable of better. This is not a hard and fast rule. I know that some very capable choppers rush an entry just to ensure the contest has an entry. I have done this myself on occasion.

I am encouraged to see a few old faces returning. I am also encouraged to see some new choppers with talent and enthusiasm. This place might actually become fun again.

Thanks for typing "a whole story." Smile

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:28 am   Reply with quote         

quote " In the money contests, I will not vote if I have an entry. With so few participants it is suicidal, though I made a recent exception. In money contests in which I have no entry, I try to vote for the best one or two--if the quality is close. In daily contests, I will vote to encourage newbies, but not at the expense of a clear winner--if I can help it. I will refrain from voting for a lame entry by someone I know to be capable of better. This is not a hard and fast rule. I know that some very capable choppers rush an entry just to ensure the contest has an entry. I have done this myself on occasion."

I am encouraged to see a few old faces returning. I am also encouraged to see some new choppers with talent and enthusiasm. This place might actually become fun again.

Thanks for typing "a whole story." Smile

.[/quote] True

BigGame3113

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
In the money contests, I will not vote if I have an entry. With so few participants it is suicidal...

Ted, I wouldn't say it's suicidal... All the prize contests that I've lost have not been because I gave the difference vote to the winner, and in all the prize contests that I've won, I've cast several votes.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Most of you are lazy - Reply to topic