Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Perspective and horizon line - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:36 pm   Reply with quote         

What is the easier way to know the perspective and horizon line of a shot other than guessing and eye-balling it? Confused

YerPalAl

Post Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:21 pm   Reply with quote         

I am a little unsure of what you are asking here. Do you mean how do you level an image when there is no visible horizon?

Post Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:08 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
I am a little unsure of what you are asking here. Do you mean how do you level an image when there is no visible horizon?

yes YerPalAl, that's what i meant

YerPalAl

Post Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:21 pm   Reply with quote         

In that case I align a vertical edge.

If that doesn't work,

Duplicate layer>Free Transform>wiggle it back and forth until it looks right to the eye.

Luxwiz

Post Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:51 pm   Reply with quote         

you can try this.It even works after drinking a mickey of whiskey Laughing

Post Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:18 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks guys for the reply but i don't think i'v clearly put my question.

Let's say picture 1 is shot in low angle and picture 2 is shot in high angle, it'll be impossible (at least for me) to put the two pictures together and make it believable because of the different horizon line. My question is: What other tools/techniques are available to know that two pictures are taken in different angle other than guessing/eye-balling them, even if the variance is not that extreme? and what tool/technique can i use to match the perspectives of the two pictures in order to use them in the same scene/composition and make it believable?

Thanks.

Luxwiz

Post Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:45 am   Reply with quote         

I think you are referring to trying to integrate two images with different perspective view points into one coherent image...my suggestion is to keep searching for external images with similar perspectives if not then try and use the various transform tools... perspective,distort and maybe warp tool ,to reshape the images you need to the correct perspective for a coherent integration into the final image...you may even have to cutout and reshape individual objects in the images to get things right...quite tricky and time consuming...better to find two images with the same perspective

Post Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the tip Luxwiz

Luxwiz

Post Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Here's a chop I did quite a few years ago in which I did something similar as to what you are inquiring about here.I changed the perspective of the whole source image from a looking down perspective to a more straight on view.As you can see it took a lot of transforming different individual parts of the original to get it right,well not perfect but pretty close...

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/131195/hostal-la-posada.html

original source:

my chop:

Post Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:14 am   Reply with quote         

I am surprised that PS doesn't have integrated perspective assistant tool yet, but there is a workaround with polygon tool. It's mostly used for drawing but basics of perspectives are mostly the same.
Here is a quick tutorial to see what I mean:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGhZNrtOxs0[/youtube]

Luxwiz

Post Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         

BSmatic wrote:
I am surprised that PS doesn't have integrated perspective assistant tool yet, but there is a workaround with polygon tool. It's mostly used for drawing but basics of perspectives are mostly the same.
Here is a quick tutorial to see what I mean:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGhZNrtOxs0[/youtube]

Right click on Custom Shape Tool - choose Polygon - type 99 sides - open shape icon menu on top and check Star - turn off "smooth corners" and "indent sides" 99%

Post Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:55 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="Luxwiz"]Here's a chop I did quite a few years ago in which I did

Impressive work Luis!!

Post Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:13 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote="Luxwiz"]

Right click on Custom Shape Tool - choose Polygon - type 99 sides - open shape icon menu on top and check Star - turn off "smooth corners" and "indent sides" 99%

Is that an order? Surprised Laughing

Tawiskaro

Post Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Here is my entry, "Falling Down", from the same contest:

Please note that I did nothing to change the horizon or the perspective or the point of view. I did, however, kill or seriously injure Michael Douglas.

Laughing

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:15 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
Here is my entry, "Falling Down", from the same contest:

Please note that I did nothing to change the horizon or the perspective or the point of view. I did, however, kill or seriously injure Michael Douglas.

Laughing

yeah , funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn and good shopping work

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Perspective and horizon line - Reply to topic