Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Windows or Mac? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What's your OS: Windows or Mac?

Windows

80%

80%

[ 16 ]

Mac

20%

20%

[ 4 ]

Other

0%

0%

[ 0 ]

Total Votes: 20

Cynn

Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:23 pm   Reply with quote         

nevet wrote:
sage wrote:
(though you could have told me without the funny face.) Wink

the funny faces are the main reason i post messages in here Very Happy
it would be a sad sad world without funny faces
i worship the funny faces Bow Bow Bow

Thanks Nevet! Hug

ScionShade

Post Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:14 pm   Reply with quote         

I have to take exception to the "running of multiple programs"
The ONLY thing that locks up my PC is making an image 6000 ppi
in Photoshop.It's the price You pay to do paintovers and still
be able to swear you just used someone elses image as a
"REFFERENCE". Razz

Terminator!

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Another PC user here. I would love to own a mac just b/c I'm a geek who loves computers, but I can't afford one.
I think the one button mouse is ridiculous. I am naked without my 5 button mouse!!!

I think that at some point in the past, macs were way better than pc's for graphics and therefore, they got a strong foothold in the industry.
That's not true anymore. PC's are way more powerful than macs at the present time, but you'll find very few graphics houses that have the time, money, and resources to completely switch to pc's, so they stay with what they've got.

For those who say that pc's crash all of the time, get a clue. Ever since XP, the pc has become a very reliable and stable machine.
for those who think all Micrsoft OS's are based on DOS, educate yourself. windows 2000 and XP are based on the NT kernel which is not built on a dos platform, hence, a MAJOR increase in speed and stability.

Macs are great and PC's are great, and they are only tools. It's what you can do with them that really makes a difference.

MDonoughe

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Macs are still better than PCs. Windows NT is not based on DOS, but it is designed to be compatible with Windows 9x programs. Running programs that use those calls can still cause the same problem. My Windows XP does crash all the time even if it is based on NT. There are next to no bluescreens, but I still get program crashes. I have had Notepad crash on me using XP before. The OS is nowhere near perfect. People who are used to the older versions of Windwoes(wow, this misspelling is in my spellchecker) will think that XP is the most stable OS ever because it is magnitudes more stable than its predecessors, but it is still less stable than some other OSes. Windows is also inherently unstable because it continues to pickup spyware and viruses as you browse the internet even if you use Firefox(a way has been found to get IE to load spyware from inside Firefox) and have a running firewall. Your PC will get all full of viruses and spyware if you don't clean up after yourself, and this clean up can often get to complicated for the average user.

Terminator!

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:04 pm   Reply with quote         

You make some good points but you can't make a blanket statement that macs are better than pc's.
You're right that care needs to be taken in terms of spyware and adware, but it's not that difficult. XP is extremely stable and yes it still has errors, just like every other man made object on this planet.
If you're going to tell me that you never have any errors whatsoever on a mac when using high power programs such as photoshop, cad, modeling, rendering, etc. then I will be flatly amazed. There is no such thing as a computer that has no errors or misc. program instabilities here and there.

If your mac is above that, then please notify NASA and and the Pentagon, I'm sure they'd be interested in your supercomputer. Very Happy

bx3800

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Bringin up a old beast:.

PC all the way here baby:.
had a mac : commodore 64!!!! with a cassette drive, thats right ladies and genys a cassette drive!!

Overall I've built my last twp pcs and they friggin rawk!
my current setup is 4.0ghz intel pentium 4, 4ghz of ram, sic 256mb graphics card so my on screen display looks just as good as the macs at a fraction of the cost:.

This past CES I previewed windows vista!!
They have a ton of MAC osx type elements with the reliabilty of a pc. Very Happy

MAc definetly has a much better Ad campaign as such there is no one single company who produces pc's

My partner runs a mac g5 and I smoke all his programs in speed and reliability.

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Linux! Linux! Linux!

Oh andwhinedows, cause I can't get my CS2 working on Fedora Core 3. Smile

buglover

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:49 am   Reply with quote         

Working on the mac, I always have my left hand on the keyboard to get fast access to the shortcuts. So I don't miss the second click, cause U get all the control of the second mouse click in combination with the control key. I work 100% with an pad anyway and I don't use the pen buttons.

I really like os x. Some days ago I had to go back to the old one (9.11) and it was like a real nightmare. Maybe forced by the fact that I had to use my old "Quark 4" version Yuck

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:36 am   Reply with quote         

MAC Cool

ReinMan

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:41 am   Reply with quote         

I have good feelings
AND BAD feelings about both.

FootFungas

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:48 am   Reply with quote         

Windows all the way

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:56 am   Reply with quote         

PC! Smile

j58roldan

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Mac & Linux Smile

Meaty

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Affraid its gotta be a pc for me, i can buy a good comp for under £200, which means i dont have to upgrade all the time and the parts are cheap. Tbh ive had this arguement 100 times before and i cant find anyhing that could possibly sway me from pc, unstable i hear people say, well anyone who knows me would know that i never turn my computers off, they are on constantly for atleast 2weeks, unless i install or uninstall some software that requires a reboot to finalise so i fail to see how my system is unstable.
Another thing thats said alot is a mac makes things easier so you can work faster, well i can only type at one speed, paint at one speed and do everything at the speed i do now so how can using a mac make it faster.
Ok so there are little web nasties floating around, well you dont get them if you dont go where your not supposed to go so im pretty well covered there, plus there are so many programs out there to sort such issues out that it fails to be an issue.

Yeh, PC for me, rant over. Wink

bx3800

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:04 pm   Reply with quote         

outstanding rebutles meaty:. Exclamation Exclamation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Windows or Mac? - Reply to topic