Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - * Tournament Losers * Post your whining here... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

This whole thing was rigged/ruined by...

Damn Moderators

6%

6%

[ 3 ]

Aliases voting for Friends voting for friends of Aliases

18%

18%

[ 8 ]

All the regulars hate newbies like me! Old farts.

4%

4%

[ 2 ]

My competitor posted too late!

6%

6%

[ 3 ]

My competitor posted too much talent!

22%

22%

[ 10 ]

Republican conspiracy

6%

6%

[ 3 ]

Whitey

11%

11%

[ 5 ]

Nobody here is intelligent enough to "get" my entry

4%

4%

[ 2 ]

Al Quaeda

15%

15%

[ 7 ]

Couldn't concentrate on my entry - too distracted by too many plot-twists in LOST

2%

2%

[ 1 ]

Total Votes: 44

Alex

Post Fri May 06, 2005 7:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Damn...

Post Fri May 06, 2005 8:17 pm   Reply with quote         

i dont believe you assholes complaining about someone finding a perfect sourse pic, how many times have you had a good idea and never found the perfect picture to finish it, AAAAGGGHHH 404, go suck google

Hallcross Toots
fempie

Post Fri May 06, 2005 8:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Cynn wrote:
Go, Fempie--the last Chop Chick standing!

i will do my best ... if only the feeling of being in a rollercoaster would go away... you know.. when you are coming from a high drop... ok... keeping cool..... Cool

Square

Post Fri May 06, 2005 11:14 pm   Reply with quote         

fempie! Since you're the only thing with ovaries competing in round 4, let me hand you a xanax or two so you can get through these next few trying days....so you emerge non-homicidal. Shocked

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/

Post Sat May 07, 2005 12:11 am   Reply with quote         

hmmmm.
"Losers" and "Whiners". It's like this thread was created just for OneChiefOffHisRocker. Wink

or, is this where I complain about Chiefwhatever?

Nevermind. I started another happy thread thats sure to be filled with insults and fun. HERE. Smile Don't miss it.

Have fun.

Post Sat May 07, 2005 12:37 am   Reply with quote         

i CANNOT believe peopel are making a huge deal of this. It was just Metalic being L.A.Z.Y.... period. Finding the pefect chop is totally different that what he did. At this level, that amounted to a simple drag-n-drop... and i think Cynn is being very gracious about being cheated. I shouldnt need to verify your sources, you should have the integrity the CHOP your entry not SHOP for it. It was lazy, and boo on you for half-assing that one, Metalic.

If Cynn's not mad... neither am i. Does this mean

If he wins, maybe he can get a Getty Sponsorship and put in his siggy.

Post Sat May 07, 2005 12:44 am   Reply with quote         

Spence, I don't believe people are making a "huge" deal out of it. I believe, considering this is a tournament that was meant to include entries that are original and skillfully manipulated, that laziness at this level accepted by so many is worth some healthy discussion. You obviously do too.

Post Sat May 07, 2005 12:51 am   Reply with quote         

maybe in the future, we submit our entries, AND the URL for our major source. Or if uploading is easier, you could thumbnail it next to the entry. If your major sourse is the original, it will obviously show.... could we do that i wonder (( scatches head))

patim

Post Sat May 07, 2005 5:50 am   Reply with quote         

I understand the whining about Metalic and... I don't. In the first round I was surprised that almost everybody REALLY chopped the image. I was excited. In the 2nd and 3th round it was getting a lot worse.

Maybe the sources where getting more difficult but in the last 2 rounds I saw a lot of googled pics with something pasted in to it. Go ahead and take a look and I'm sure you will find at least half of it was google/getty with something of the source added to it.

If something can't be changed...work with it (some old wise guy?)

buglover

Post Sat May 07, 2005 9:55 am   Reply with quote         

If I would have found a good gold bar pic with an higher resolution, I would have taken the source instead of trying to illustrated it. For me velocity is the truth winner of that match. He definitely made the better pic! I tried to brush some cool gold bars but the result became Swiss chocolate, took me a lot of time witch I could have used better (Sorry in this way to my girlfriend for being home late Wink). At least this is psc and not illuc.

That it’s for me.
Good Luck to everybody who is still in tournament!

Post Sat May 07, 2005 10:16 am   Reply with quote         

yeah, but if you found a picture of gold bars
with zildgian drumsticks already
leaning on em, .....
would ya have still used it?

metalic

Post Sat May 07, 2005 10:16 am   Reply with quote         

it's not necessery for me to say something on "* Tournament Losers * Post your whining here..." forum but i need permission to talk.
i think i understand more from ppl comment, but my point of view is if we have some idea, which we explore through source pic and find an image that fits our idea and also happens to be quite good already what can we do... ignore it? everyone's got the same source of pics on the internet, everyone can access. it's a tool which also requires creative thinking in how to apply it to our idea.
my current job is to deliver ideas to our clients, how we develop the concept through to final presentation isn't so important as long as ppl get the message. in my world to deliver an idea is the thing!
thanks for you stick anyway.

Post Sat May 07, 2005 2:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Metalic, you are a hell of a chopper and I hate seeing you make excuses. The fact is, you pulled a fast one and it got you by. Your idea was "UFO", what you posted was much bigger than that and it is why you won.

I hope to see more from you in the future. Good luck.

Post Sat May 07, 2005 5:15 pm   Reply with quote         

what would your clients think if they see that you are recycling ideas, though. or that all you came up with so little that your NEW idea is a little paste over someone elses work? you are a great chopper, dont let all of us bitter SOBs getcha down... i have been as outspoken as anyone, but, for my part... lets move on to more important things. like figuring out how I'm finally get more than 40 votes.... damn, people.
Maybe we can get Reinman to send us all some stellar canadian beer. Very Happy

OneChiefRocker

Post Mon May 09, 2005 10:49 am   Reply with quote         

OneChiefOffhisRocker I like that! Laughing

Millions of us now are laughing at your unbelievable incompetence and you don't even realize it. Think about what that means.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - * Tournament Losers * Post your whining here... - Reply to topic