Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - WHO ARE YOU?.. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

sage

Post Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

HEY! cynn! You winked! Shocked Laughing

Cynn

Post Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Pfft.. you're imagining things. Laughing

hacky

Post Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Glad I happened to catch this thread, as I'm forcing myself to go on "sabbatical" from PSC in order to focus my energies on finding a new j-o-b. My name's Tom, got the nickname "Hacky" from my highschool homeroom teacher. I'm a 46 yr. old ADDult, married to Shelley, a hairdresser; I have a son Jesse, 9, and daughter Kylie, 5. My last job was managing a paper store. In May I graduate from The Chubb Institute's Multimedia Design program, so hopefully I'll finally embark on my calling as a legit graphic "artiste". Some of the jobs I've bounced to and from are paste-up artist, screen printer, blueprint machine operator, and bartender. I love PSC and feel I've got a couple few good friends around here. Wish me luck with this career thing, and I'd love to hear from you; email me at tomhackett (at) tomhackett.net.

Peace, kids!

nancers 02/01 @ 10:51 pm
hacky is funny :D
DaVinci

Post Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Hello,
I am DaVinci (real name Mark), 21 years old (22 next week) and I am from the lovely city of Breda, The Netherlands. I am almost done wih my study (graphic & multimedia design). It's hard work so I don't have much time to post entries, but I will be back when I am done with my study. I still visit this site a lot, to see what you guys create. Keep up the good work!! Very Happy

Michel

Post Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi, my name is… Michel. I keep thinking I should’ve thought a bit longer about finding an original alias. Soon to be 30 years old, I lived pretty much all my life around Montréal. I’m going on my fourth year of living with my girlfriend from Santa Cruz, California.

I’ve been many things in my life, electronics student, vegetarian cook, mystical wanderer, Native American craftsperson, gardener, artistic director, professional photographer, bicycle messenger, electronics student again, and finally, electronics technician. I’ve lost nothing of my interest in graphic arts and crafts. I love to fool around with Flash 5 and Photoshop 6. I’ve made some animations and websites for myself and for friends.

Presently trying to get a career started, make some money and travel with my girlfriend. I like this website, it has helped me get better and better with Photoshop. I tend to spend too much time on PSC, but one eventually finds balance in their life.

blue_lurker

Post Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:29 am   Reply with quote         

With all the new people joining of late thougth this old chestnut could do with some airing out.
so to all you new people's tells us about yourself.

demasiadoman

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:14 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm an old fag with AIDS.

No, REALLY.

Turn 49 on the 29th
so really not THAT old

Living with AIDS since 1986.
Survived Cancer.
Almost died 3 times.
VERY surreal experiences!
Was wheelchair bound for awhile.
Had to walk with a cane for years.
Was once 139 pounds.
(Am not a whopping 199!)
Lost over 50 friends to this F*CK#iG!! disease
3 in the past year.

Mainly do volunteer work now, usually of the graphic nature, for AIDS groups.
Going to summer camp next month for two weeks as a camp counselor for teens living with AIDS Can you imagine going through PUBERTY with AIDS? (Most were born with it. Amazing teens, that have been through SO MUCH at such a ripe age. Most have lost their parents, siblings and by some miracle, not so unlike my own, have made it this far...very WISE teens, and more than a handful)
Also do a camp for kids with Autism. Tough but very cool.

Am sort of an "artist"
Was in two group shows.
Had a solo show.
Have sold most my work
and haven't done much hands-on of late.

Pre-AIDS I was the Art Director for the Palo Alto Weekly Newspaper in CA
then the Art Director for Arabian Horse World Magazine
both PRE-desktop publishing days
(I guess I AM old)

Was given an old APPLE when I was really sick and couldn't leave the house,
Learned the little I know about Photoshop just playing around in it without direction or guidance.

Born in San Francisco, still in the SF Bay Area, Mountain View.

Degree in Advertising from San Jose State U

Large moustache

Use to get paid to teach "Disco" dancing.
(OK, I AM old!)

Had sushi with Candice Bergan.

Single, DAMN!

Favorite cocktail: Martini

GIANTS fan, despite their suckiness.

Well,
you asked!

(Wanted to post a pic with this but can't figure out how to? I am NOT very puter literate!)

Wrote this in the early 90's when my body was being covered in cancerous Kaposis Sarcoma lesions...

OF WHAT GOOD THIS MASK

by direction
I take my pill
they say it will help
climb the hill

I put on my mask
and do my best
to look and to act
like all the rest

yet today
another spot appeared
sign of the Demon
fatal head reared

guise may allege
it does not matter
but it cannot deter
the progressive shatter

ing

of my heart
and of my soul
when will it take
full final toll

block that question
that ponders fate
time goes so fast
it’s always too late

to reach for the stars
to conquer the moon
internal exhaustion
has come far too soon

frozen, encased
in unspoken fear
I reach for my friend
he is not here

from rage that rips
and eats at his heart
has emerged a creature
far and apart

foreign from that
I’ve known well for years
I grieve in his memory
I ache with his tears

his world has become
his room and his bed
they can’t stop the pain
in the core of his head

nor return him his site
with color and depth
distorted gray nothings
are all that is left

I look at myself
I look back at him
guilt rises up
to speak from within

Grateful! is what
it screams I should be
for I can still walk
I can still see

yet grateful no longer
comes easy to feel
I search for it’s comfort
I yearn for it’s zeal

so I put on my mask
and do my best
to look and to act
like all the rest

today
another spot appeared

ReinMan

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:34 pm   Reply with quote         

WOW, Des - intense! Right on for giving us the FULL MONTY! Very Happy Hug

demasiadoman

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:40 pm   Reply with quote         

My Monty
is your Monty
ReinMan!
Laughing

gravyboat

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Wow Garrett. I have no other words, besides wow.I admire and respect anyone who has inner strength from facing so much. Wow.

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.
Patre

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Demasiadoman.(toomuchman)
I can't find the words that carry the grace or measure the gain of a journey filled with so many tears, so much sorrow and such great suffering. Sometimes it was probably hard to tell if every added day was a curse or a gift. But it looks like today, you are the gift, the light that transcends yesterday's pain, and the hope that holds promise for others so afflicted.
Too much is indeed too much, except when the vision of goodness that inspires your life and born of suffering, carries with it the blessed and beautiful grace of love which gives others a reason to live and the right to hope.
All of the very,very best,
Pat(Patre)

nitrusuicide

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:22 pm   Reply with quote         

My name is Britt, I'm a 17 years old male and fresh out of high school. I live in Rock Hill, SC and will be attending Winthrop University this fall aspiring to be a computer programmer. I was introduced to Photoshop during my Journalism campaign in high school (taught by rashdog). He is the one who recruited me to PSC and showed me his ways of chopping. He has been a mentor and role model to me.
I have an absolutely wonderful girlfriend of 1 year and we are having a terrific summer together. We met through a mutual friend and have grown closer and closer since we met. She gives me a reason to enjoy life and I make the most out of every moment of my day.
I am a very shy person and I have a lot of fears, but I make it through the day. I have good parents who give me every opportunity that they can and a sister who is happily married and who I rarely ever fight with. I have a chihuahua named Hershey who, although getting pretty old, is still as cute as the day he was born.
So anyway, that's me...

MoLinKo

Post Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey,
I am Dan from Edwardsville, IL. I'm 24. I have been married for 2 years on Tuesday.

I haven't really messed around with Photoshop since back in high school, where I designed lots of websites. I graduated college last year and started working as an engineer.

My life has finally become less hectic over the last year, so I am working on starting some hobbies... Art, Writing, Golf, some web design, ect...

Synthvet

Post Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Hello -- My name is Ron. I'm 52 years old. Married to a beautiful lady (12 years younger than me). We've been married 13 years and have three boys 5, 8, and 10.

My wife and I run a photography studio in Eastern Oregon (think sage brush and juniper). It's more of a portrait studio, (weddings, high school seniors, mommies and babies, etc) but since we jumped on the digital bandwagon about three years ago, I've been doing more and more graphics kind of work.

I've been playing with Photoshop since about version 4. and now I'm up to CS2 and I pretty much live there and love it.

Photoshop in the studio in the past has always been mostly head swaps and blemish removal but now our wedding albums and high school seniors can look like anything digital they've seen on TV or in magazines. You gotta keep up with the rest of the world!

This is why PSC is so great. As much as I'd like to turn a bride into a cyborg or cut a cheerleader in half with kiwi inside; I can do it here.

No matter what anybody's opinion is of this site, there is alot of incredible talent here to learn from and get inspired by. And mostly -- IT'S FUN!!!!!

aliased

Post Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:07 am   Reply with quote         

Hello, I'm Marijn, 26, male. I make terrible first impressions, but I'm actually a very nice person. First used photoshop while studying architecture. Currently studying mechanical engineering. Not sure though what lies ahead. ( I guess anyone who is sure, hasn't got a clue.) Seriously lacking time and inspiration to post regularly. Other interests: cinema, astronomy, cycling.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - WHO ARE YOU?.. - Reply to topic