Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - just a thought... - Reply to topic

framed

Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:04 am   Reply with quote         

Would you guys be interested in having an IRC chatroom, I can make one with for us if you'd like, I just think it'd be fun to see who's on and such, as well as faster chatting than the "chat" topic. Although you can't upload pics....

I dunno just an idea.

Love Scott

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:33 am   Reply with quote         

hey this is a good idea...how much bandwidth would it need, you could have is aswell as the chat room we already have, u could call the new one chat room, and the one we have currently something like show and tell ha ha ha , i like the idea, but i also like posting funny pics and stuff, so what is the solution, cos i admit, the chat can be a bit annoying when ya forget and leave a mate just sat there cos ya went off to do something else, and ya forgot mainly cos it needs refreshing....its a great thought framed....lets see what other peeps think

blue_lurker

Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:46 am   Reply with quote         

Yeah go for it...(have no idea what there talkin about)...can we have them smily things...(I hope you can cause there cute)...and some bells and whistles...(always hear about them)...um...never use chat...not because I dont want to...every time I go there everones asleep...(Need to take medication now)...

splodge

Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:22 am   Reply with quote         

THIS HAS BEEN DONE SO MANY TIMES, the web is clogged with dead IRC chat sites created for PSC, I think we made 4 one night just for laughs.

Hallcross Toots
MoLinKo

Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:28 am   Reply with quote         

An actual chat room would be great. Its a shame we can't find a way to have an actual chat room with the ability to post pictures. The best of both worlds.

Cynn

Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:19 am   Reply with quote         

I've been wondering whether it'd be possible to add a couple of features to our current chat. Like, the ability to see who's in the chat (and who is lurking), and it'd be nice if the chat were limited to registered users.

It'd also be nice if it refreshed by itself every time somebody added a comment, but I don't mind that it doesn't. Smile

splodge

Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

we did have the ability to see who's in the chat (and who is lurking} but it was taken away for some reson, now you have to go into forum, and that only tells you who was in there 5 min's ago Sad

Hallcross Toots
ReinMan

Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:29 am   Reply with quote         

I'm proudly showing my age here, but you talk about a CHAT room as if we don't have one (which we do - its that wee button at the top of this page).

Maybe one of you could let me know what would be so different with this idea... I don't seem to get what all the fuss is. Confused

MoLinKo

Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

What we have is more like a message board. Which is nice cause you can place pictures on it like a message board.

But if you are like me, and I am. the slowness of the page refresh is a bit on the annoying side. With an actual chatroom we could see who is in the room, and have instant messages without having to refresh.

splodge

Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:22 pm   Reply with quote         

here you can have this one, i'll even host it for you
http://www.lhcw.net/HallcrossChat

Hallcross Toots
framed

Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:54 pm   Reply with quote         

well it looks like its been tried before, but I'm gonna set one up anyway. They take up next to no bandwidth, since only ASCII is allowed.

I don't see any reason why we can't have both. If someone would be able to take the daunting task of coding into an HTML site that'd be even better, but i can take care of the actual IRC (server) side of things.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - just a thought... - Reply to topic